Home

Let's talk about the Prestige Ratings in NCAA 12

This is a discussion on Let's talk about the Prestige Ratings in NCAA 12 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2011, 12:41 PM   #41
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Let's talk about the Prestige Ratings in NCAA 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrews85
If Notre Dame and Michigan are 5*'s, then how are Oregon, Auburn and LSU a 6*? I know both they fallen on hard times but come on.

Georgia a 5*?

BYU and North Carolina 4*?
ND and UM are 5* programs now. Penn State has always been a 5* program. Iowa is a 4*. LSU is definitely a 6* program. They have to be amongst th cream of the and something has to be said for recent history. Oregon is 4* - 5* tweener but they get the boost and so does Auburn. But neither should be a 6* program. Not even close. Off the top of my head, OSU, Bama, FL, TX, USC, LSU, OK are the only 6* programs.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!

Last edited by blkrptnt819; 06-20-2011 at 12:44 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2011, 12:51 PM   #42
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vortex12
All homerism aside, Cal is deserving of higher than a three star. While Cal had a bad season last year, Tedford is still bringing in very high quality recruits, and already has the number 2 QB in the 2012 class verbally committed. I think Cal should be a four star at least.
Agreed

Ten char

Old 06-20-2011, 12:56 PM   #43
Rookie

He1nousOne1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by schumj
Throwing out tradition and looking at last 5 years Iowa is pretty equal to Nebraska, but TCU is way better than both.

LAST 5 YEARS
Iowa
40-24
4-1 in bowl game
1-0 in BCS games
Highest Ranking achieved 7
Finish in top 10 1 time
Finish 11-25 1 time

Nebraska
43-24
2-2 in Bowl Games
O BCS games
High Ranking 5
Finish top 10 0 times
Finish 11-25 2 times

TCU
55-10
4-1 in bowls
1-1 in BCS bowls
Highest ranking 2
Finish in top 10 3 times
Finish 11-25 1 time

But you would have to throw out history completely and only look at 5-8 years to keep Iowa even close. And to say something like "Tradition which is the only thing that Nebraska really holds over the heads of the current Iowa and TCU programs"? Tradition is history. Our history is the only thing better than those two? Well that is a big thing. Just cause one team is equal or a little better this year or last year to a team that doesn't make them equal programs? Or is Boise St a top 3 program prestige wise?
Talk to EA about their Prestige STAR system for the GAME. When you look at how they figure it Iowa deserves to be a 5* and you can argue the history of Nebraska and how it makes Iowa undeserving but honestly Nebraska tradition has NOTHING to do with the star rating of Iowa.

Deal with it.

Oh yeah and see you on Thanksgiving.
Old 06-20-2011, 12:58 PM   #44
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by He1nousOne1
Because of Bowl Wins. According to the formula used in deciding these ratings being changed in the game both Iowa and TCU met the Big Bowl win criteria for rising from 4* to 5*. Just because these three teams are all 5* teams doesn't mean they are automatically equal.

There are still other factors that come into play if you are thinking along the lines of recruiting but the star system also has something to do with off season training. Both Iowa and TCU are good at training athletes and making mountains out of molehills so I would say in that regard Iowa and TCU are just as deserving of their 5* status as any other team on 5* status. Especially the ones that havn't been doing particularly much that is exemplary.

The prestige stars are NOT just about Tradition which is the only thing that Nebraska really holds over the heads of the current Iowa and TCU programs

Also with Oregon they made it to the NC game which I do believe is one of the criteria for rising from 5* to 6* rating in the game. This is Not simply a Program Tradition rating. You have a letter rating for that. The three teams you mention all earned those increases based upon the successes of those teams last year. That is how the game works.
Nebraska also gets better recruits than Iowa. When you combine that with tradition, what exactly does Iowa have over Nebraska?

As for Oregon they might fall into that 5.5 star group I was talking about earlier. They should probably be 5 though because they've never won a national title, and I'm not even sure if they've ever won a Rose Bowl. 6 star teams with no national titles disturb me.
Old 06-20-2011, 01:03 PM   #45
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by schumj
Throwing out tradition and looking at last 5 years Iowa is pretty equal to Nebraska, but TCU is way better than both.

LAST 5 YEARS
Iowa
40-24
4-1 in bowl game
1-0 in BCS games
Highest Ranking achieved 7
Finish in top 10 1 time
Finish 11-25 1 time

Nebraska
43-24
2-2 in Bowl Games
O BCS games
High Ranking 5
Finish top 10 0 times
Finish 11-25 2 times

TCU
55-10
4-1 in bowls
1-1 in BCS bowls
Highest ranking 2
Finish in top 10 3 times
Finish 11-25 1 time

But you would have to throw out history completely and only look at 5-8 years to keep Iowa even close. And to say something like "Tradition which is the only thing that Nebraska really holds over the heads of the current Iowa and TCU programs"? Tradition is history. Our history is the only thing better than those two? Well that is a big thing. Just cause one team is equal or a little better this year or last year to a team that doesn't make them equal programs? Or is Boise St a top 3 program prestige wise?
TCU, Boise and Utah plays lil sisters of the poor. And I loss ALL respect when TU would rather go to an outta region Big East than the Big 12 in there own back yard.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2011, 01:06 PM   #46
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkrptnt819
TCU, Boise and Utah plays lil sisters of the poor. And I loss ALL respect when TU would rather go to an outta region Big East than the Big 12 in there own back yard.
The Big XII didn't offer TCU. They took their only option to get to a BCS conference.
Old 06-20-2011, 01:08 PM   #47
Rookie

He1nousOne1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyj721
Nebraska also gets better recruits than Iowa. When you combine that with tradition, what exactly does Iowa have over Nebraska?

As for Oregon they might fall into that 5.5 star group I was talking about earlier. They should probably be 5 though because they've never won a national title, and I'm not even sure if they've ever won a Rose Bowl. 6 star teams with no national titles disturb me.
Once again, another person disillusioned with the idea that all 5* teams have to be identical in every way.

Does Nebraska get better recruits then Iowa? Of course they do. Do all 5* teams have to get the exact same quality of recruits in order to be a 5* team? That is silly, of course not. Iowa does not have to have ANYTHING over Nebraska in order to have made it to EA's 5* rating. What don't you understand about that?

What Iowa DOES have is an amazing over all coaching staff and training staff. You do realize that how much increase your players get in off season training does have to do with your Star rating right? I would argue Iowa does more with what it does get then any other team in the nation or they are atleast equal to any other team in the nation in that regard. Their win against Missouri was enough by EA standards to rise from 4* to 5* and honestly that is all the argument I need to maintain that Iowa deserves it's 5* rating. If you have any issue it is with EA's rating system not with Iowa.

This idea that every single 5* team has to reach the standard of the best 5* team is silly. Perhaps you can make that argument with the 6*'s but not with the 5*'s.
Old 06-20-2011, 01:08 PM   #48
Banned

OVR: 8

Miami does NOT deserve its 5-star status. This team has been just over .500 for the past 5 years.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »