Home

How do you play defense?

This is a discussion on How do you play defense? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2011, 08:58 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
How do you play defense?

Basically, after 9 months of having this game, and countless hours of playing it, I still have no idea how to play defense. I play on Heisman with adjusted sliders, and I usually run 2-man under on running downs or 1st and 2nd down. If I have good corners, then I may run some 0 coverage or with 1 safety over the top. But I usually get burned far too often. Take last game for instance. I'm Wake Forest playing Army, I have a B defense with a 91 ovr corner on one side, a 80 on the other, and 2 low 80's safeties, but Trent Steelman still went 23-35 for 350 and a TD with no INT's. This is ridiculous. U know it's bad when Army's lighting up ur secondary.

Is there anyone out there that knows how to play defense? Or is it basically impossible with my sliders?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2011, 09:08 AM   #2
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: How do you play defense?

Ive been playing for 15 years and cant win on Heisman, so dont feel bad, lol. My suggestion is to play on All American and mess with the sliders until you get a competative game with the CPU. The game plays at its most realistic at that level. You arent on a level playing field with the CPU on the Heisman setting.
Old 06-20-2011, 09:09 AM   #3
Rookie

KillerNuts's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by plak89
Basically, after 9 months of having this game, and countless hours of playing it, I still have no idea how to play defense. I play on Heisman with adjusted sliders, and I usually run 2-man under on running downs or 1st and 2nd down. If I have good corners, then I may run some 0 coverage or with 1 safety over the top. But I usually get burned far too often. Take last game for instance. I'm Wake Forest playing Army, I have a B defense with a 91 ovr corner on one side, a 80 on the other, and 2 low 80's safeties, but Trent Steelman still went 23-35 for 350 and a TD with no INT's. This is ridiculous. U know it's bad when Army's lighting up ur secondary.

Is there anyone out there that knows how to play defense? Or is it basically impossible with my sliders?
Considering that you didn't tell us the sliders, it kind of tough to say your sliders make it impossible.

To be honest though, if you're calling the same play every time you're probably doing it wrong. Mix some zone in there, especially if you know they'll go with a short route. Blitzes are also essential if you're not getting a sufficient pass rush.

That being said, completing 65% of your passes for 1 TD isn't necessarily torching the defense.
www.traditionsportsonline.com
Old 06-20-2011, 09:20 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerNuts

To be honest though, if you're calling the same play every time you're probably doing it wrong. Mix some zone in there, especially if you know they'll go with a short route. Blitzes are also essential if you're not getting a sufficient pass rush.
This. The AI will eventually catch on to the plays you're running and find a way to beat you, especially at that level. Just like in real life, you need to vary your plays or you'll get beat.
But... if it's real, you'll feel it.

Old 06-20-2011, 09:29 AM   #5
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10

Man to Man cover 2. That makes up 85-90% of my play calling. Use ur DE to get a pass rush.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2011, 09:43 AM   #6
Pro

JoBo513's Arena

OVR: 9

I was playing on Heisman also. I just tried to keep a "bend but don't break" mentality on defense. I usually had pretty good red zone d. I ran alot of cover 2 buc.
Old 06-20-2011, 09:53 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

My sliders:

Human-Everything 45 except for Pass coverage at 50, and tackling at 55.

CPU-Everything at 55 except for QB ACC at 45 and RB ability at 60
Old 06-20-2011, 09:54 AM   #8
MVP

PaperBoyx703's Arena

OVR: 22

one word. Nano blitz phenomena.
YouTube: TBD

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »