Home

Notre Dame downgraded to a 5 star team in NCAA 12

This is a discussion on Notre Dame downgraded to a 5 star team in NCAA 12 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-23-2011, 12:25 AM   #33
Pro

IIx Nautica xII's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Notre Dame downgraded to a 5 star team in NCAA 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
ND fans have been saying exactly that since Charlie Weis was hired. What's it gotten ND? More of the same. Mediocrity and zero quality wins.
I am a die-hard ND fan, but I am also a die-hard Bills fan and when Weis got hired as coach, I flipped out. The best thing for the Irish was when they fired him and that idiot Clausen leaving. I would personally like to shake the hand and buy a beer for the guy that sucker-punched him at that restaurant after the loss to Navy.

Now I have said all I will say about ND not being a 6 star, If they go 9-3 or better this season EA will put them right back up to that rating.

side note, its going to be fun watching Weis destroy that Florida offense.

Old 06-23-2011, 12:26 AM   #34
Rookie

He1nousOne1's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIx Nautica xII
Then what does else does the star rating do for a team in the game? Because beyond recruiting, it doesn't affect any other aspect of the game. It doesn't determine how many games you win or what bowl games you go to, it just affects the quality of recruits interested in your program.

I fail to see what your point is here. In the first part of the first sentence your completely agreeing with me and then the rest of it is hard to see what your getting at. In the game your star rating is effected by your top 25 ranking, not your bowl appearances and in the game they have to allow some kind of parody to make the game amusing enough for people to buy it. But when you are at a starting point with something that ONLY affects the quality of recruits, not gameplay, not bowl appearances, nothing else but recruiting, I really must say that ND and UM should still be 6 star programs in the game.
Your Star Rating also is used to reflect the quality of your program as a whole which in turn directly reflects upon the peak potential of Training in the Offseason. As your Star Rating rises so does the amount of max rating boosts that players can get in off season training.

I would also disagree that bowl appearances do not count. They are a major aspect of whether or not you are considered successful as a coach in the game. With the top bowls having Conference tie ins, sure Notre Dame can slip in as an At Large but every season in the game they are at a disadvantage in this regard.

The only thing I ever agreed with you on is that Notre Dame would blindly follow it's Tradition rather then looking ahead to see where that tradition is leading the Institution.
Old 06-23-2011, 12:35 AM   #35
Pro

IIx Nautica xII's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by He1nousOne1
Your Star Rating also is used to reflect the quality of your program as a whole which in turn directly reflects upon the peak potential of Training in the Offseason. As your Star Rating rises so does the amount of max rating boosts that players can get in off season training.

I would also disagree that bowl appearances do not count. They are a major aspect of whether or not you are considered successful as a coach in the game. With the top bowls having Conference tie ins, sure Notre Dame can slip in as an At Large but every season in the game they are at a disadvantage in this regard.

The only thing I ever agreed with you on is that Notre Dame would blindly follow it's Tradition rather then looking ahead to see where that tradition is leading the Institution.
I played as rutgers for 8 seasons this past title release and as ND for close to 20, and both teams on average had players progress between 3-4 on their OVR. There was no advantage in progression for a 6 star team, so unless you show me an article that would tell me otherwise, I'm sorry but you are wrong.

Here is how you lose and gain stars in this years game, if you were a 6 star you would lose a star if you did not finish in the top 15. To gain a 6th star you had to finish in the top 5. To lose a 5th star you had to finish outside of the top 25 and to gain it you had to finish in the top 15. That is how teams gained and lost stars this past title release, not by bowl games.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2011, 12:35 AM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vols for Life
How is Notre Dame ranked 21st? I mean, an 8-5 record is not good for an Independent. Try playing in a conference like the SEC, ACC, or Big 10, and you guys would be lucky to win 5 games. You guys are gonna get hosed by USF the first game of the season. Mark my words on that. The players on USF are complete athletic freaks of nature.
Because ND won their last four games over Utah, Army, USC, and Miami. The defense actually showed up and played like a top 10 defense in the last four games. ND has 19 returning starters coming back, and they are in year 2 of Coach Kelly's system. Athlon sports actually has ND ranked #6 which I think is way to high.

ND IMO has of the best WR in the country and an excellent kicker. It should be a very interesting season, and I think ND should be ranked in the preseason top 20.

Last edited by Vampiro; 06-23-2011 at 12:55 AM.
Old 06-23-2011, 12:41 AM   #37
Rookie

He1nousOne1's Arena

Quote:
I played as rutgers for 8 seasons this past title release and as ND for close to 20, and both teams on average had players progress between 3-4 on their OVR. There was no advantage in progression for a 6 star team, so unless you show me an article that would tell me otherwise, I'm sorry but you are wrong.

Here is how you lose and gain stars in this years game, if you were a 6 star you would lose a star if you did not finish in the top 15. To gain a 6th star you had to finish in the top 5. To lose a 5th star you had to finish outside of the top 25 and to gain it you had to finish in the top 15. That is how teams gained and lost stars this past title release, not by bowl games.
I am skeptical about the averages but its possible. What I do know from paying attention is that with a 6* team I saw the most improved player gained up to 8 points on his ovr. That was generally atleast a point lower for each tier below. So whether or not the average is always the same or not I didnt bother to figure out but if the PEAK improvement rises with each rise in Prestige then generally that means the average would rise as well. So with that in mind you will understand my skepticism.
Old 06-23-2011, 12:44 AM   #38
Pro

IIx Nautica xII's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampiro
Because ND won their last four games over Utah, Army, USC, and Miami. The defense actually showed up and played like a top 10 defense in the last four games. ND has 19 returning starters coming back, and they are in year 2 of Coach Kelly's system.
Their D is going to be a lot better this year. Nix, as long as he can show some kind of stamina, should be a force on that line along with Lewis-Moore and Johnson. Not to mention you have Lynch that will likely spell them. Now if I am wrong someone please correct me on Tuitt being a RS this season, but that would have been sick to have both Tuitt and Lynch spelling Lewis-Moore and Johnson.

Also I read in an article this past week that CB Gray is being looked at as a darkhorse for All-American honors.

As for best WR's in the country, I don't think I would go that far. You could make that case with Floyd in the mix, but if he is not then they are not. Very Deep though at the position, but they don't measure up to Arkansas' WR core.

Old 06-23-2011, 12:46 AM   #39
Pro

IIx Nautica xII's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by He1nousOne1
What I do know from paying attention is that with a 6* team I saw the most improved player gained up to 8 points on his ovr.
I have NEVER seen this without using the training boosts, but then again maybe it could happen I guess, I just haven't seen it in 20+ seasons of playing in leagues.

Old 06-23-2011, 12:51 AM   #40
Rookie

He1nousOne1's Arena

Quote:
I have NEVER seen this without using the training boosts, but then again maybe it could happen I guess, I just haven't seen it in 20+ seasons of playing in leagues.
http://www.msxbox-world.com/xbox360/...-training.html

Quote:
NCAA Football 11 - Maximum Player Training

Getting your players to gain attribute points in the off-season in Dynasty Mode can be hard for lower prestige schools. This item will allow a team with lower prestige to train their players like one of the top schools in the nation. Make sure if you want to take advantage of this in an Online Dynasty you purchase it before the commissioner advances to the Player Training portion of the Off-season. This will affect every team you control in Dynasty Mode and Online Dynasty Mode.
It is right there. It says in the description that it is great for helping a lower prestige team train like a higher prestige team. If lower star teams trained equally to higher star teams then there would be no reason for that boost right?

I have never used that boost and frequently when at 6* my team has a most improved player with a +8.

Last edited by He1nousOne1; 06-23-2011 at 12:53 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »