Home

Notre Dame downgraded to a 5 star team in NCAA 12

This is a discussion on Notre Dame downgraded to a 5 star team in NCAA 12 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-23-2011, 04:30 AM   #49
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Notre Dame downgraded to a 5 star team in NCAA 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIx Nautica xII
I played as rutgers for 8 seasons this past title release and as ND for close to 20, and both teams on average had players progress between 3-4 on their OVR. There was no advantage in progression for a 6 star team, so unless you show me an article that would tell me otherwise, I'm sorry but you are wrong.

Here is how you lose and gain stars in this years game, if you were a 6 star you would lose a star if you did not finish in the top 15. To gain a 6th star you had to finish in the top 5. To lose a 5th star you had to finish outside of the top 25 and to gain it you had to finish in the top 15. That is how teams gained and lost stars this past title release, not by bowl games.
Bowl games AND rankings affect your star status. And the other guy didn't agree with you. Someone in another thread listed the ways you can move up stars and to get to a 6* you had to win big bowl games.
Old 06-23-2011, 08:22 AM   #50
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by He1nousOne1
The only people that think it is rediculous is Notre Dame fans. Everyone else realizes that BCS football has moved well beyond the Independent scheme.

Being a coach for an Independent Notre Dame just isnt as prestigious as being a coach for a top notch team in a top conference and those are the types of coaches that a team with all those recruits should be going for. That recruiting pool will dry up eventually if you guys keep going bust with your coaching picks.

Viewship of Notre Dame football on NBC drops every year and as ESPN/ABC continues to improve their product that NBC viewership will only dry up further. Sooner or later NBC will decide to discontinue that relationship and when that happens Notre Dame will not have a choice. Tradition be damned you Will have to join a conference.

There I waited till the end to type "Will have to join a conference".
Joining a conference is irrelevant, they simply need to start winning some big games, which as I admit they haven't done.

They get all of their bowl revenue
They have ties to the BCS bowls
Exclusive TV rights with NBC until 2015

They have the best deal in football. Joining a conference does nothing for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by utahman27
I think it's funny when the only argument ND fans have are great recruiting classes and tradition! That doesnt mean jack ****!!

When was the last time tradition and recruiting classes won a National Championship??

Also when you say they'll never join a conference, thats BS. Everybody knows that College Football is heading towards Super Conferences, the writing is on the wall. Especially with what Larry Scott is doing with the PAC 12.

If and when Super Conferences are created, if ND doesnt jump on with the BIG 10, or another conference, then they'll be a sad and lonely independent....kind of like BYU...haha
The day ND loses their amazing deal will be the day they look to join a conference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by osubeavs721
that wasnt hate that was fact. ND is nothin. they are afraid of a real conference because they would be 6-6 every year and not be able to schedule the service academies.
No, just no.

OSU is in a conference and can still schedule Sacramento State so I fail to see your point.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 06-23-2011, 09:01 AM   #51
Pro

IIx Nautica xII's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by dochalladay32
Bowl games AND rankings affect your star status. And the other guy didn't agree with you. Someone in another thread listed the ways you can move up stars and to get to a 6* you had to win big bowl games.
Okay......?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2011, 09:06 AM   #52
Pro

IIx Nautica xII's Arena

OVR: 22

It is what it is, some people like it and some people don't. Everyone is titled to their opinion. Some will come with valid arguments that carry substance, and others come with insults.

It is what it is I guess, hopefully this thread gets closed soon because after reading over this thread, its nothing but ND fans and ND haters pointlessly arguing. I myself am guilty of it.

Old 06-23-2011, 09:49 AM   #53
Rookie

He1nousOne1's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
Joining a conference is irrelevant, they simply need to start winning some big games, which as I admit they haven't done.

They get all of their bowl revenue
They have ties to the BCS bowls
Exclusive TV rights with NBC until 2015

They have the best deal in football. Joining a conference does nothing for them.

The day ND loses their amazing deal will be the day they look to join a conference.
IF Notre Dame can get some big wins and turn the ship around that could help them maintain Independence. If they can maintain BCS ties when the conference realignments come hard and heavy then that will be impressive. If they can maintain those tv rights with NBC beyond 2015 then that will mean they got some of those big wins and became relevant to the NC chase again because their viewership numbers have dropped to the point that NBC has to be questioning whether to renew the deal. There is probably a clause in the contract that if viewership drops below a certain point that the deal can be dropped.

That NBC deal is the swinging point. Should that fall apart then the BCS ties and possible big wins against big teams wouldn't matter one bit.

Yes Notre Dame gets all of the money that it earns in Bowl games unlike conference teams which share but Notre Dame hasn't gone to a bowl since 2007. 100% of 0 dollars is still 0 dollars, Notre Dame would have been better off being in a conference and getting a percentage of other teams' earnings. It does look like Notre Dame has scheduled enough soft teams this year to land atleast a lesser bowl but landing a lesser bowl will only add more fuel to the fire.

I understand the tradition and I respect it. I don't hate Notre Dame, just the opposite in fact. I just think the future of Notre Dame is better served joining a conference.

Quote:
It is what it is, some people like it and some people don't. Everyone is titled to their opinion. Some will come with valid arguments that carry substance, and others come with insults.

It is what it is I guess, hopefully this thread gets closed soon because after reading over this thread, its nothing but ND fans and ND haters pointlessly arguing. I myself am guilty of it.
I don't hate Notre Dame. I just think that sooner or later if the program wishes to again be a top program it is going to have to join a conference.
Old 06-23-2011, 10:06 AM   #54
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Okay......?
You seemed to think that prestige had nothing to do with bowl games.

Quote:
Yes Notre Dame gets all of the money that it earns in Bowl games unlike conference teams which share but Notre Dame hasn't gone to a bowl since 2007. 100% of 0 dollars is still 0 dollars, Notre Dame would have been better off being in a conference and getting a percentage of other teams' earnings. It does look like Notre Dame has scheduled enough soft teams this year to land atleast a lesser bowl but landing a lesser bowl will only add more fuel to the fire.
Well actually, Notre Dame won the Sun Bowl last year against Miami. They haven't gone to a BCS game since 2007.
Old 06-23-2011, 10:32 AM   #55
Rookie

He1nousOne1's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dochalladay32
Well actually, Notre Dame won the Sun Bowl last year against Miami. They haven't gone to a BCS game since 2007.
Ahh someone needs to update the site I went to then. lol

Looks like they also played Hawaii in the Hawaii Bowl back in 2008. They won that too but not exactly bowl appearances that fans would be satisfied with.

Last edited by He1nousOne1; 06-23-2011 at 10:35 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2011, 10:32 AM   #56
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
IF Notre Dame can get some big wins and turn the ship around that could help them maintain Independence. If they can maintain BCS ties when the conference realignments come hard and heavy then that will be impressive. If they can maintain those tv rights with NBC beyond 2015 then that will mean they got some of those big wins and became relevant to the NC chase again because their viewership numbers have dropped to the point that NBC has to be questioning whether to renew the deal. There is probably a clause in the contract that if viewership drops below a certain point that the deal can be dropped.

That NBC deal is the swinging point. Should that fall apart then the BCS ties and possible big wins against big teams wouldn't matter one bit.

We're talking about today. We could throw out endless hypotheticals to prove the point we want.

Notre Dame has won their last two bowl games (Hawai'i & Miami). They weren't big time games but they still won and took home all that money from each game.

If you want to say Notre Dame has been less than stellar in that past 20 years, that's a fair argument. If you want to say Notre Dame doesn't have one of the best gigs in football, then I'd have to disagree.

Quote:
I understand the tradition and I respect it. I don't hate Notre Dame, just the opposite in fact. I just think the future of Notre Dame is better served joining a conference

I don't hate Notre Dame. I just think that sooner or later if the program wishes to again be a top program it is going to have to join a conference.
Absolutely false

They win BIG games and develop their prospects: they join the elite

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »