Home

Notre Dame downgraded to a 5 star team in NCAA 12

This is a discussion on Notre Dame downgraded to a 5 star team in NCAA 12 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-23-2011, 10:38 AM   #57
Rookie

He1nousOne1's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Notre Dame downgraded to a 5 star team in NCAA 12

Well I tell ya what NDAlum, you put up a good argument. We shall see where the future leads.

As far as my first dynasty goes in the game, I am still undecided as to whether my Independent team will be Notre Dame or BYU.
Old 06-23-2011, 11:04 AM   #58
MVP

OVR: 8

Notre Dame has won 1 national title the past 30 years. They have not done well nationally on a consistent basis for the past 15 years. They should be a 5 star, but are still a good job, but not a great job that the ND fans would lead you to believe. They are definitely not as good a job as a USC or OSU or Alabama, Florida, LSU, Texas, Oklahoma, Nebraska, FSU, Miami. They are still a good job though, definitely a top 15 job.
Old 06-23-2011, 11:16 AM   #59
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Take Nebraska & Miami off that list and I agree.

The big difference is that ND has a national following. Most others are regional.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 06-23-2011, 11:23 AM   #60
Rookie

Schreck's Arena

OVR: 3

Heinous guy says "Yes Notre Dame gets all of the money that it earns in Bowl games unlike conference teams which share but Notre Dame hasn't gone to a bowl since 2007. 100% of 0 dollars is still 0 dollars, Notre Dame would have been better off being in a conference and getting a percentage of other teams' earnings. It does look like Notre Dame has scheduled enough soft teams this year to land atleast a lesser bowl but landing a lesser bowl will only add more fuel to the fire."

Apparently you don't realize that ND gets at least $1.3 million from the BCS bowls whether they play in one or not. If they do play in one, they get all the money, but it is brought down to a rate closer to what a conference team would make. So, they get just as much as any conference teams do essentially, every year, no matter what. If the BCS changed that deal, then yeah they might have to think about it.

As for your scheduling point, that is really weak. Every year we hear the same crap about scheduling service academies, but nobody pays attention to the fact that Air Force and Navy have been consistently winning 9 or so games a year for quite a while now, and those are our 'easy' games. ND is one of only 2 or 3 teams to NEVER schedule a non-D1 football game. Our schedule has been rated in the top 25-30 almost every year for a long time now, while Iowa plays NIU, Northern Iowa, ISU, McNeese State, and various other pathetic institutions, or Ohio State plays pure crap, or Florida plays Troy or some other garbage towards the end of the season. Shut up about the schedule, it is a BS argument. ND plays Michigan, USC, Mich St, Stanford, USF, Pitt, Navy, this year, and has Oklahoma, Miami, Texas, and various others coming up over the next few years. I'll put our schedule up against any Big 10 schedule.

I think this speaks for itself.

Notre Dame 2011
Sept. 3, 2011 South Florida NBC
Sept. 10, 2011 at Michigan ESPN
Sept. 17, 2011 Michigan State NBC
Sept. 24, 2011 at Pittsburgh ABC /ESPN
Oct. 1, 2011 at Purdue ABC /ESPN
Oct. 8, 2011 Air Force NBC
Oct. 22, 2011 USC NBC
Oct. 29, 2011 Navy NBC
Nov. 5, 2011 at Wake Forest ABC /ESPN
Nov. 12, 2011 at Maryland NBC
Nov. 19, 2011 Boston College NBC
Nov. 26, 2011 at Stanford ABC/ESPN

Iowa 2011
Sept. 3, 2011 Tennessee Tech Big Ten Network
Sept. 10, 2011 at Iowa State FSN
Sept. 17, 2011 Pittsburgh ESPN
Sept. 24, 2011 ULM
Oct. 8, 2011 at Penn State
Oct. 15, 2011 Northwestern Big Ten Network
Oct. 22, 2011 Indiana
Oct. 29, 2011 at Minnesota
Nov. 5, 2011 Michigan
Nov. 12, 2011 Michigan State
Nov. 19, 2011 at Purdue
Nov. 25, 2011 at Nebraska ABC
Old 06-23-2011, 11:33 AM   #61
Banned

Draconian Sanctions's Arena

OVR: 0

I don't have anything against ND but if any other school had put up that record over the same span, no way would they be a 6 star program, so I get why it annoyed people.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2011, 11:43 AM   #62
The Hard Way

K0ZZ's Arena

OVR: 23

One of the few reasons Notre Dame is where it is, is only because of it's tradition, they haven't produced solid NFL prospects in a few years (using a list of players from ND, not just basing it off Brady Quinn and Jimmy Clausen). Consistently their only good yearly opponents is USC with occasionally a good team thrown into there. It still doesn't reflect a conference schedule. ND will never have a schedule comparable to most teams in the SEC or Big 10 (12), maybe even the Pac 12. There is a lot of intangibles involved with conference play and throw in Championship games add even more that ND will never deal with. They shouldn't have any ties at all with BCS bowls, it's a joke.

I can agree they have the best deal in all of the NCAA, they completely destroyed on that one, any team would leap at the opportunity to schedule whoever you wanted.

Also saying Iowa schedules NIU as a joke game is insanely insulting, besides a fluke performance in the MAC championship, Jerry Kill put the program back to power in the MAC, NIU has quietly been one of the most consistent non-BCS teams in the nation in recent years including upsets and producing some NFL talent. If they could do anything other than football they 'might' (keyword) of seen an invite to a larger conference.
Old 06-23-2011, 11:54 AM   #63
Pro

OVR: 8

As a die-hard Notre Dame fan, I'm shocked it took this long to knock them down a star. They've earned it.

But thankfully I don't think it'll last long because I definitely believe Kelly has them going in the right direction. All it will take is a couple solid years of play and they'll be right back up to a 6*.
Old 06-23-2011, 11:56 AM   #64
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580
As a die-hard Notre Dame fan, I'm shocked it took this long to knock them down a star. They've earned it.

But thankfully I don't think it'll last long because I definitely believe Kelly has them going in the right direction. All it will take is a couple solid years of play and they'll be right back up to a 6*.
If ND has even one year with a half-decent record and a weak schedule, they will regain a star.
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »