Home

Arizona State Prestige

This is a discussion on Arizona State Prestige within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2011, 04:48 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Arizona State Prestige

I understand the recruiting aspect of the ranking, but I thought that it was a combination of what they've done off the field as well as on it that would warrant such a ranking.
Old 06-24-2011, 08:32 AM   #18
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Arizona State Prestige

Quote:
Originally Posted by BARAK
I dont know why you guys are bagging on ASU. Between 2002-2010 ASU was #29 on average for recruiting. In NCAA 2012 there are 35 teams that that rank 4* or better, that would put ASU in that range over the past decade. Over the same span Notre Dame averaged a rank of 17...mainly due to abnormaly low classes in 2004 (32) and 2005 (40). So they are securely in the 5* range, and if you excluded those two years they are right on the edge of the 6* programs.

Isnt prestige just a reflection of recruiting power? So a 6* program should be able to regularly land 5* star talent and below. 5* programs 4* talent and below and so on down the list. So I think the ratings arent bad in my opinion. Ea's ranking must reflect on field success as well though because boise states recruiting classes rarely impress nationally
Prestige I believe is based off of on field results combined with history. TO move up or down in a dynasty, you need Wins, not Great Recruits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMJOHNS18
They probably make Boise a 6* so they get a boost in the poll rankings like ND.
Boise is still a 5*. And Boise does terrible in the polls. The only time I've ever seen them have a shot at a National Title is if everybody but them has 2+ Losses
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »