Home

New way to go with dynasty mode for 13

This is a discussion on New way to go with dynasty mode for 13 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2011, 03:50 AM   #25
nWo
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: New way to go with dynasty mode for 13

Taking the gameplay out of NCAA Football is a terrible idea, but the original concept, if done in a different venue, is not.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2011, 05:05 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 3

I think this is what us Brits call sarcasm.

The OP was an obvious joke about Tressel/tOSU.
Old 06-24-2011, 05:17 AM   #27
Banned

OVR: 20

People thought OP was serious lmao
Old 06-24-2011, 08:40 AM   #28
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

lol wut?

I would incoporate a storyline mode (like the one in Fight Night Champion) in NCAA but only for Road To Glory....
Old 06-24-2011, 08:42 AM   #29
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by progektmayhem
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there an NCAA title years ago that incorporated player behavior? And weren't there suspensions involved? I vaguely remember it, but can't specify the year.
Yea, but it was violations like cheating on a test or breaking curfew or missing practice. Not accepting large sums of cash from agents, getting cars as gifts, etc...
Old 06-24-2011, 08:43 AM   #30
Hi.

bling1202's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by osubeavs721
one... heck no, get rid of on field gameplay???
and two... the NCAA would NEVER allow that
Read the whole post before you make an *** of yourself. It's obviously a joke.
Old 06-24-2011, 12:55 PM   #31
Rookie

w00dy Hayezz's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bling1202
Read the whole post before you make an *** of yourself. It's obviously a joke.
Exactly, this was an obvious jab at Ohio State, and a good one actually. SonofSam99 is a Michigan fan.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2011, 02:00 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 2

I don't want my post to be read as an attack on someone having and sharing their idea/opinion. But that same freedom gives me the right to share my own opinion here.

I just don't understand why so many game players want to add this whole negative attributes/necessary discipline into the game of recruiting and playing football on a gaming console. I'm sorry, I just don't get it.

IMO it doesn't fall into the 'realisim' paradigm b/c it's not real! I'm not saying the aspects that have been described don't happen. What's not real is that it's only a portion of the situation. If you want players getting in trouble, getting suspended, schools going on probation, then you must -- must -- add the elements from real life that try to prevent and combat these situations. Add the athletic dept. academic overseers that every, single one of the schools has on staff. Add the asst. coach (OC/DC) tasks of weekly, if not daily meetings with at-risk players. Add study halls. If you want players being suspended for taking money, then add in boosters and agents. But also add in NCAA compliance staffers into the coaching staffs.

The other thing I'd like to add...and I'm sorry, again, this isn't intended to be a personal attack...is that I'd venture a guess that most of the game players out there have never been a college coach (regardless of which sport). This negative aspect is the absolute last thing I want to remember having to deal with when playing a game. If you've ever been a coach, you'll say the exact same thing. If you've never been a coach at this level, you just don't understand how silly of an idea this is for a game. Pull someone's scholarship once, you'll never want to be in that situation again. Perhaps IRL it's like having to fire someone. I'm not sure I wanna call someone my game-playing peer if that excites them.

(leaps off soapbox, maybe breaks an ankle for those that disagree with my statements...)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »