Home

Crowd Meter

This is a discussion on Crowd Meter within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-27-2011, 08:25 PM   #33
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Crowd Meter

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes2008
i liked it except for the controller shake
you didn't like the controller shaking? I like when games do this. I love in MLB the Show when i'm up to bat and its a 2-2 game with 2 out in the bottom of the 9th with a runner in scoring position that my controller is pulsing to signify that this is a big at bat. With the camera shaking having the controller shaking just adds to the feeling of how crazy the crowd is without really causing you to make a stupid error.
Old 06-28-2011, 08:10 PM   #34
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40

I have a compromise, since I stated my disdain for this before.

What if, instead of an on-screen meter, when the crowd is going really nuts Nessler throws it down to Erin Andrews who says something like "I'm at field level and it is absolutely deafening down here. The decibal level is *insert high number* according to the meter, which is the equivalent of *insert loud thing that compares well*! This crowd is absolutely losing it! Back to you, Brad!"

You guys get your indicator of how loud the crowd is, and people like me who like strictly TV style presentation get a line of dialogue that you might actually hear when watching a game on television. It's perfect!
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Old 06-28-2011, 08:15 PM   #35
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayman
I have a compromise, since I stated my disdain for this before.

What if, instead of an on-screen meter, when the crowd is going really nuts Nessler throws it down to Erin Andrews who says something like "I'm at field level and it is absolutely deafening down here. The decibal level is *insert high number* according to the meter, which is the equivalent of *insert loud thing that compares well*! This crowd is absolutely losing it! Back to you, Brad!"

You guys get your indicator of how loud the crowd is, and people like me who like strictly TV style presentation get a line of dialogue that you might actually hear when watching a game on television. It's perfect!
that would get old real fast. There doesn't need to be some big meter on the screen but there does need to be some indication for how loud the crowd is. Part of the point of the crowd meter in NCAA 05 was that you might have to sacrifice pumping up the crowd if you wanted to make adjustments.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2011, 08:17 PM   #36
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
that would get old real fast. There doesn't need to be some big meter on the screen but there does need to be some indication for how loud the crowd is. Part of the point of the crowd meter in NCAA 05 was that you might have to sacrifice pumping up the crowd if you wanted to make adjustments.
Heres a Compromise to the Compromise.

One and a blue moon, we get the Erin Andrews bit. But overall, I just want to hear and feel the sound of the crowd. I don't need to be seeing some little button telling me how loud it is. Maybe that could be something we see "once and a blue moon" as well.
Old 06-28-2011, 09:33 PM   #37
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soarindude02
Heres a Compromise to the Compromise.

One and a blue moon, we get the Erin Andrews bit. But overall, I just want to hear and feel the sound of the crowd. I don't need to be seeing some little button telling me how loud it is. Maybe that could be something we see "once and a blue moon" as well.
agreed and agreed

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »