Home

NCAA 11 Menu Responsiveness

This is a discussion on NCAA 11 Menu Responsiveness within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-25-2011, 11:43 PM   #1
mre
Rookie

mre's Arena

OVR: 0
NCAA 11 Menu Responsiveness

NCAA 11 was my first NCAA on the current generation of consoles. I bought the PS3 version. One of the things I've noticed is how slow and clunky the menus feel. They have a very noticable delay, whether it be reacting to a button press or simply a flick of the joystick.

It's a relatively minor gripe compared to gameplay, but I wonder if that's something local to my particular system (one of the early fat PS3s) or to the PS3 version or perhaps to the entire game itself.

If it's something related to the game itself, I wonder if they were able to improve menu responsiveness in NCAA 12. As far as dynasty is concerned, about half the game is navigating through menus.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2011, 10:28 AM   #2
Pro

fcboiler87's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: NCAA 11 Menu Responsiveness

I'll agree with you 100%. 11 is incredibly slow to respond on all the functions. This is especially evident in recruiting, where an already tedious task becomes even more so because you have to wait for the recruit menus to load. I popped in 10 the other day and was amazed at how much faster the menus, including recruiting were. With as much progress as this game makes, little steps backwards are quite a nuisance.
Old 06-26-2011, 11:45 AM   #3
mre
Rookie

mre's Arena

Thanks! I'm glad to know it's not just my system.

The slow loading just makes everything take that much longer. Between games in an offline dynasty, I want to be able to do recruiting and look at the ESPN section as fast as possible before moving on to the next game.
Old 06-26-2011, 11:53 AM   #4
Rookie

BlitzPackage's Arena

I thought I was the only one! You don't find many people complaining about this, and I don't know why. I did a search a while back and turned up nothing. Yes, I experience the same problem. It can get agonizing during recruiting especially, as stated above. I REALLY hope this gets resolved for '12, because way too much time is spent waiting or repressing a button. I own a slim PS3, I'm not sure if the xbox version has the same issue.
Old 06-26-2011, 11:56 AM   #5
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

i've been saying this for a while, the menus are ridiculously bad. It is so slow to navigate through menus which makes things like recruiting or editing rosters take so much longer. Its amazing that games like MLB the Show, NBA 2k & Fifa i can pop the game in and load up my season and get into a game within 2-3 mins from the start menu but with NCAA it takes 10 mins just to load everything up and get things going. I'm not much of a fan of the layout of the menus but i wouldn't mind the layout so much if it were quicker to navigate through. It appears we have the same layout style for the menus this year so i'm willing to bet we're stuck with the slow menus once again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2011, 12:24 PM   #6
Rookie

BlitzPackage's Arena

I don't remember for sure, but I think that the demo last year exhibited the same problem and I thought that it was just the demo, until I got the game. None of the "tuners" ever fixed it.
Old 06-26-2011, 12:49 PM   #7
Pro

Reggie16's Arena

OVR: 10

mine are slower than molasses. it takes a long time for all my info about my dynastys in the career tab to load. I thought i was the only one.

Patiently Wating.....Madden 12, Ncaa 12
Old 06-26-2011, 01:02 PM   #8
MVP

jorge380's Arena

OVR: 13

This was the same for NCAA 10 ON ps3.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »