Home

NCAA Football 12 GAMEPLAY - 7 min. of Texas A&M vs. LSU

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 GAMEPLAY - 7 min. of Texas A&M vs. LSU within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-27-2011, 10:09 PM   #73
Pro

Reggie16's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: NCAA Football 12 GAMEPLAY - 7 min. of Texas A&M vs. LSU

ugh i better stop watching vids because its less impressive everytime i watch them.

Patiently Wating.....Madden 12, Ncaa 12
Old 06-27-2011, 10:09 PM   #74
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallinVol
The problem with the "momentum" in NCAA is that it's just certain situations that you see it. You don't see it on every single play/movement of the game. It's really a shame because last gen's momentum felt great. You could actually "feel" the players weight and see the differences in different types of players. Next gen has lacked this since being brought to next gen. I think that the momentum feel that last gen had is one of the biggest elements missing from today's NCAA games. And although the crowd noise isn't perfect, it's definitely an improvement from last year. They do need to liven up the windows of "dead noise" with some sort of crowd interaction. At least have that buzz sound to the crowd instead of the crowd playing the quiet game.
You're preaching to the choir about the "feel" of last gen. I still firmly believe that the old xbox/ps2 days had the absolute best gameplay. I mean you don't even have to play 06 (last gen) or even 11 (next gen)... just watch a vid on youtube and you see the difference. It's like the foundation is broken on this gen of consoles.
Old 06-27-2011, 10:17 PM   #75
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

First play was really ugly. I didn't watch it all, but it's really just NCAA 11 gameplay wise with a few changes. Those changes just happen to be some of my biggest gripes with 11, so I'll bet getting 12.

Also, when I saw that TD pass, I don't really feel he should have hone out of bounds. He had probably at least half a foot to work with and was just simply running at an angle that was not even sharp towards the sidelines.

I don't feel the guy should have gone out of bounds, but I don't think he should have been able to cut so easily. He's an athlete and should have been able to change his direction just a bit to stay in bounds and go parallel with the sidelines, but he should have not been able to turn at least 30 degrees on a dime, full speed and still maintain his balance.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2011, 10:31 PM   #76
Rookie

jwwright620's Arena

OVR: 1

Yes it does, nice find!
Old 06-27-2011, 11:07 PM   #77
Rookie

cap032's Arena

OVR: 6

The thing that stuck out to me..... the lsu qb was running a draw and was hit for about a 5 yd loss with 4 defenders in the backfield!!! That sucks any way you look at it.
Old 06-27-2011, 11:57 PM   #78
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap032
The thing that stuck out to me..... the lsu qb was running a draw and was hit for about a 5 yd loss with 4 defenders in the backfield!!! That sucks any way you look at it.
At first glance, two LBs came up the middle, in addition to the line. It was a called blitz, and two D linemen shed their blocks right near the end.

Last edited by Crimson Pig; 06-28-2011 at 12:00 AM.
Old 06-28-2011, 12:48 AM   #79
Pro

Bolt957's Arena

OVR: 14

The catch w/ the receiver staying inbounds like that is because the whole catch isnt just a canned animation, once you catch it, you can move the WR in any direction. It was in NCAA 11 too.

But, decent vid, they didn't do LSU justice lol. It just seems too much like last year's game. EA could do better, they just choose not to.
Old 06-29-2011, 04:38 PM   #80
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Also, when I saw that TD pass, I don't really feel he should have hone out of bounds. He had probably at least half a foot to work with and was just simply running at an angle that was not even sharp towards the sidelines.
He caught a 50 yard bomb running full speed while looking back over his shoulder. As he did it, he looked like the leaning tower of Pisa hovering out of bounds. Pause it at 1:14. I'll give him the catch falling backwards out of bounds....but recoving to run for the TD was ridiculous.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »