Home

NCAA Football 12 Video - TCU vs. Boise St.

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Video - TCU vs. Boise St. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-27-2011, 06:23 PM   #33
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
Exactly. I would hope the deep ball would be effective in that instance. That is basic playcalling.
I'm glad several of you guys know football.

The touchdown is not about the game being so-called "wrong," they were supposed to score on that play.

There was only one defender on that side. He can't cover both receivers. Bad defense....not bad video game.
Old 06-27-2011, 06:29 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 2
This and Annihilation tomorrow
Old 06-27-2011, 06:33 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: NCAA Football 12 Video - TCU vs. Boise St.

Most teams that run cover 2 as their base defense are usually able to get pretty good pressure with their front 4 also. If you allow a team to have time to get wrs deep then a cover 2 is usually ineffective. Cover 2 is a defense you use when you wanna take away the underneath patterns and is very vulnerable to deep patterns. The safety in the play actually did what he would have done in real life split the distance between the two wrs streaking down the field. When the ball was released he was in about a good of position as he could have been he just was not quick enough to make a play. That is another thing a team needs in a cover 2 scheme fast ball-hawking safeties.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2011, 06:55 PM   #36
Rookie

WipeOut464's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by statum71
I'm glad several of you guys know football.

The touchdown is not about the game being so-called "wrong," they were supposed to score on that play.

There was only one defender on that side. He can't cover both receivers. Bad defense....not bad video game.
Absolutely right. I just hope we see Sky Cover 3 cover that combo better this year. Last year the safeties wouldn't rotate properly and the seam was practically uncoverable if you weren't doing it manually.

NCAA: Georgia
NFL: San Francisco
MLB: ZZZzzzzzz...

Old 06-27-2011, 07:57 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 4

Like it's been said, the TCU user just called the wrong defensive play.

If you see a team with a 5 wide formation before the play you don't call a cover 2!

Quarters - Man coverage or Quarters Cover THREE

Just a bad user playing
Old 06-27-2011, 08:13 PM   #38
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Shotgun running looked good, defense paid for bad mistakes, got rewarded for good playcalling.

I want this game yesterday
Old 06-27-2011, 08:20 PM   #39
Rookie

Lavar's Arena

OVR: 3

The atmosphere looked amazing when Boise st scored at home vs TCU in their first season in the MWC , crowd went nuts and the band played. LAME.

Its still good to see how they haven't captured the college atmosphere , been this way for years now so why break the habit.
Old 06-27-2011, 08:25 PM   #40
@HoundsOfHowl

HoundsOfHowl's Arena

OVR: 5

I know there is a lot of people who "dog" on these videos and gameplay, but the way I look at the videos is this, I use sliders, and I know that these games show on videos are on default settings. So until I get the game and tweak the sliders I cant really say whats 100% wrong looking unless its just an obvious glitch. Because last year, until I tweaked my sliders I saw less of certain catches and a lot of crap plays but after tweaking, the game was enjoyable for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »