Home

NCAA Football 12 Video - TCU vs. Boise St.

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Video - TCU vs. Boise St. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-28-2011, 01:54 AM   #57
Rookie

BFig's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: NCAA Football 12 Video - TCU vs. Boise St.

Unless they weren't used in the game, then i guess they don't have the new TCU unis.
Old 06-28-2011, 01:58 AM   #58
Rookie

nag5115's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFig
Unless they weren't used in the game, then i guess they don't have the new TCU unis.
or the new boise state unis
Old 06-28-2011, 02:09 AM   #59
Rookie

BFig's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nag5115
or the new boise state unis
Maybe they were just using the orange alternates to show them off, but it would be a real downer if they didn't have both teams's new uniforms because they'll be worn every game, unlike the pro combats.
Old 06-28-2011, 02:47 AM   #60
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4solo
In theory what you are saying is correct but not really. True there are many ways to block an option but the basis of any option is to leave the last man on the line of scrimmage unblock (which is usually a DE). So that you have the option to give it to the back or keep it depending upon what the defender is doing. And this is true with any option, read or triple. If you block the last man on the line of scrimmage it isn't considered an option.
Again, depends on the scheme and personnel.
This is the Basic Read scheme (last man on the line).

I've seen some Wild variations of Option Blocking both playing and coaching.

I've seen/played against option schemes were there is a Crack on the 4-3 End and the read is the OLB.

Here's a weird Option Scheme I've had to coach against:
T/G combo DE to OLB, C seal wk-side DT reading the st-side DT (who is unblocked), while motioned TE leads through behind the st-side DT onto the MLB.

Out of Shotgun, QB takes a step back and shuffle steps with the RB (path to outside shoulder of T) as he reads the DT, then pulls and follows behind the TE's lead block.

Who ever heard of Optioning off a DT?
That coach had a lot of time on his hands I guess!

We gave up over 370 rushing yrds because our DT's were now hesitating because they were being told to read an Option play.

The least athletic players on the field being forced into an athletic situation.

My point being that there are Option schemes out there that try and push the envelope and there are things being done on the field that we might not even consider as possible.

So to charge someone as not knowing what they are talking about, especially with a video game, is a long stretch.

Everyone here knows something that the next gamer might not know.
We just need to respect every thought/understanding even if it's outside the scope of our own understanding.

I know, way off thread topic!
Just bored, as most are, waiting to get my hands on the Demo.

Last edited by khaliib; 06-28-2011 at 02:51 AM.
Old 06-28-2011, 04:54 AM   #61
Rookie

SkillzKillz719's Arena

OVR: 17
I'm gunna buy it and everything..... but I cant help but look at 12' gameplay and only see 11'..... at least without getting my hands on the actual game. But from a distance thats all it looks like honestly...
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »