Home

Eastern Washington

This is a discussion on Eastern Washington within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2011, 06:17 PM   #65
Sic 'em Bears!

BaylorBearBryant's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dochalladay32
So you don't mind that Boise does it now that they are one of the best? You do know Eastern Washington won the championship last year, right? So is it still a gimmick because they won? If UCA wins the FCS title this year (...highly unlikely, but go with it), is it a gimmick? Are these teams winning because of their field?
No you misunderstood me, I can't stand that Boise does it either. I wouldn't like it if some Pop Warner team did it.

And as for Eastern Washington winning the NC...you're kidding right? Let's get real. Auburn was the best collegiate team last year, not Eastern Washington. If you want a colored field you should be forced to play in FCS.

Baylor Bears - Texans - Astros - Rockets - Avalanche

Follow me on Twitch: twitch.tv/osovideo

Last edited by BaylorBearBryant; 06-29-2011 at 06:21 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2011, 06:25 PM   #66
Rookie

Houndy's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Eastern Washington

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorBearBryant
No you misunderstood me, I can't stand that Boise does it either. I wouldn't like it if some Pop Warner team did it.

And as for Eastern Washington winning the NC...you're kidding right? Let's get real. Auburn was the best collegiate team last year, not Eastern Washington. If you want a colored field you should be forced to play in FCS.
Well Eastern Washington was the champs of the FCS
Old 06-29-2011, 06:35 PM   #67
Rookie

demon19000's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:

I don't mind colored fields, I don't fully support them either. But to say any team with a colored field should be forced to the FCS? That's more than a bit much. Should Oregon be in the FCS cause of their crazy jersey combinations? Teams make "fashion" statements all the time. When it comes down to actually playing, the fashion; field color, jersey color, stadium colors, is all out the window.

But don't worry, cause no one in the FBS will have a colored field besides Boise St, cause I'm almost certain the NCAA passed a rule against it after LSU did that April fools joke about building a purple field. I'm don't think a purple field would look good, but I do think the NCAA should adopt the No Fun League name. IMO, if the NCAA can keep littering sponsors over all their bowls and licensed products, then the schools should be able to litter their team colors.
!
--------------------------------------
PSN: demon19000
Old 06-29-2011, 09:01 PM   #68
Sic 'em Bears!

BaylorBearBryant's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houndy
Well Eastern Washington was the champs of the FCS
I know this. That doesn't stand for much in my book. Maybe if you went to Eastern Washington, then I would understand. But in the grand scheme of college football, I mean...well you catch my drift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon19000
I don't mind colored fields, I don't fully support them either. But to say any team with a colored field should be forced to the FCS? That's more than a bit much. Should Oregon be in the FCS cause of their crazy jersey combinations? Teams make "fashion" statements all the time. When it comes down to actually playing, the fashion; field color, jersey color, stadium colors, is all out the window.

But don't worry, cause no one in the FBS will have a colored field besides Boise St, cause I'm almost certain the NCAA passed a rule against it after LSU did that April fools joke about building a purple field. I'm don't think a purple field would look good, but I do think the NCAA should adopt the No Fun League name. IMO, if the NCAA can keep littering sponsors over all their bowls and licensed products, then the schools should be able to litter their team colors.
Oregon needs to pick 1-3 uni's and stick with it. It's getting a little ridiculous. Should they go to FCS? Well if I was an EASTERN WASHINGTON fan I wouldn't want them to.

Last edited by BaylorBearBryant; 06-29-2011 at 09:07 PM.
Old 06-29-2011, 10:45 PM   #69
MVP

KleShreen's Arena

Quote:
I know this. That doesn't stand for much in my book. Maybe if you went to Eastern Washington, then I would understand. But in the grand scheme of college football, I mean...well you catch my drift.

Oregon needs to pick 1-3 uni's and stick with it. It's getting a little ridiculous. Should they go to FCS? Well if I was an EASTERN WASHINGTON fan I wouldn't want them to.
You really need to broaden your college football horizons. It's people with opinions like you as to why FCS and D2 football have some spectacular talent that never gets noticed. You've most likely never seen an FCS or D2 game in your life and you're making sweeping generalizations. Well done. Don't forget it was your Baylor Bears who would have been losing to probably the top 75 FCS and top 30 D2 teams as recently as a couple years ago.
Old 06-29-2011, 10:51 PM   #70
MVP

speedy43's Arena

Quote:
I know this. That doesn't stand for much in my book. Maybe if you went to Eastern Washington, then I would understand. But in the grand scheme of college football, I mean...well you catch my drift..
You know that Eastern Washington won the FCS title yet you call the other user out for stating this fact after you refute it in the first place? Sorry, but your argument doesn't make to much sense to me
Old 06-30-2011, 12:43 AM   #71
Rookie

Woodcutta's Arena

OVR: 8

Next thing you know these "traditionalists" will start yelling "get off my lawn".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2011, 12:45 AM   #72
Sic 'em Bears!

BaylorBearBryant's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy43
You know that Eastern Washington won the FCS title yet you call the other user out for stating this fact after you refute it in the first place? Sorry, but your argument doesn't make to much sense to me
I didn't refute his fact. As far as I'm concerned there's only one TRUE National Champion. And it isn't the FCS champ. It's the FBS champ. Would you like me to say best team in the nation instead?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »