Home

NCAA Football 12 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (360, PS3)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (360, PS3) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-28-2011, 07:24 AM   #33
Pro

huntt26's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: NCAA Football 12 Demo Impressions (360) PS3 Demo Available Later This Afternoon

Anyone having luck seeing the CPU run the ball? The CPU still can't run the zone read, Oregon sucks at shotgun running even though they are amazing in real life. Very disappointing. Hope they can tune this.
Old 06-28-2011, 07:27 AM   #34
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: NCAA Football 12 Demo Impressions (360) PS3 Demo Available Later This Afternoon

First off, I am loving the demo. It has a great feel to it. First thing that stands out is the tackling and RB logic for the CPU (not the QB - haven't played Oregon yet).

Oregon vs Texas out of the gate and I am digging this game. I am happy they made my favorite NCAA game (NCAA 11) even better. Texas' O-Line was moving some bodies on the first drive and marched downfield on 13 plays. A couple of overthrows by CPU Gilbert too. Even short-armed a HB screen.

Playbooks are nice too and has a clean coat of "polish" to them.
Old 06-28-2011, 07:29 AM   #35
MVP

OVR: 16

If u click on rb to sim and select watch next play u can view the game with the broadcast camera, in doing this while playing @ fsu, the logo was upside down, , but the game looks nice in that view.

|Washington Redskins| |Alabama Crimson Tide| |Boston Redsox| |Georgetown Hoyas|

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedy
My September 15th glitch is still broken even after downloading the latest patch... I won't be purchasing another one of your titles again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by meep316
You moron they didn't even put out a patch yet.
LMAO
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2011, 07:36 AM   #36
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
First off, I am loving the demo. It has a great feel to it. First thing that stands out is the tackling and RB logic for the CPU (not the QB - haven't played Oregon yet).

Oregon vs Texas out of the gate and I am digging this game. I am happy they made my favorite NCAA game (NCAA 11) even better. Texas' O-Line was moving some bodies on the first drive and marched downfield on 13 plays. A couple of overthrows by CPU Gilbert too. Even short-armed a HB screen.

Playbooks are nice too and has a clean coat of "polish" to them.
I agree about the tackling and RB logic being much improved. The only thing that is bugging me is the QB running logic on designed runs, everything else seems to be very good. Unfortunately that is such a big part of an offense like Oregon's being dangerous.

Something else I am really liking though is the pass rush, I was concerned about it watching the videos, but it is pretty fierce on both sides. If anything it is a bit too strong, which is a great change form where it was on default settings the last couple of years.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers

Last edited by mgoblue678; 06-28-2011 at 07:46 AM.
Old 06-28-2011, 07:40 AM   #37
Pro

huntt26's Arena

I am enjoying the demo, but the computer on AA has not played smart. Passing on 3rd and short, and kicking a 50 yard fg and missing way short.

Well, I guess I can't blame them for passing on 3rd and short because CPU shotgun running would result in a loss anyway lol This really needs to be fixed!

QBs are scrambling, I couldn't believe it!

I like that I cannot abuse screen plays like last year.

Tackling looks and feels good!

I will try heisman now. Really enjoying it but CPU running and CPU "football smarts" need to be looked at. Only played 2 games so far, just pointing out observations.
Old 06-28-2011, 07:43 AM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 15

Youtube videos and the demo are 2 different things when I comes to presentation. This game looks nice.

The gameplay is a lot more fluid. Here are things I noticed about gameplay.

+ I can't do the miracle last second pitches anymore.
+ They finally have untimed downs
+ LB's don't jump like they're on the moon to bat down passes anymore
+ Loving the tackles. Smooth interactions between the bc and the tackler
+ CPU QB AI is much better at moving around.
+ Run blocking is way better at both levels, not just at the LOS like last year.
+ I see more double team blocks now. Nice.
+ Acceleration is a lot better than last year
- Agility isn't
- Zone defender slides around faster than in real life
- DB's still have trouble catching easy picks thrown right at them.

Looks like the most solid NCAA of this gen. Nice job guys
Old 06-28-2011, 07:44 AM   #39
Rookie

Ronnie brown23's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Demo is up now on the Xbox LIVE Marketplace

Quote:
Originally Posted by boritter
I agree with both of these. I also agree that the "3D" grass looks the same during gameplay.

As I posted earlier, psychic DBs are back. I have called 100% pass plays so that I can study the DBs. Based on the demo build psychic DBs are going to ruin man coverage in 12 like they did in 11.

How is this possible when it was one of, if not the, biggest issues in NCAA 11?
havent seen any psychic DB's. ive had corners bite on double moves. nothing psychic yey
Old 06-28-2011, 07:45 AM   #40
Pro

huntt26's Arena

Appears to be no more superman jumping linebackers! (so far)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »