Home

Top Five EA NCAA Football Games of All Time

This is a discussion on Top Five EA NCAA Football Games of All Time within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2011, 07:50 PM   #65
MVP

dan_457's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Top Five EA NCAA Football Games of All Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickDalewood
If Road to Glory would bring back total team control as opposed to controlling JUST my player, I would play the **** out of that mode...

In fact, that goes for all career modes.
Why not just play dynasty though? If you didn't want to recruit, or because the AI makes bonehead moves, then I could see it making sense. I like being a cog in the machine rather than the being whole team in player modes. It's what separates a career mode from a franchise.

-Cleveland Browns-

-Cleveland Cavaliers-
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2011, 08:10 PM   #66
The Mad Genius

MARTZball's Arena

OVR: 13
NCAA 2004 was the first time I played NCAA football - my first love if you will. No game has come near it for mine since then in football terms. I am confident NCAA 12 will be a game that makes a case for a top five ranking when all is said and done.
Old 07-03-2011, 10:35 PM   #67
All Star

DickDalewood's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_457
Why not just play dynasty though? If you didn't want to recruit, or because the AI makes bonehead moves, then I could see it making sense. I like being a cog in the machine rather than the being whole team in player modes. It's what separates a career mode from a franchise.
Because I like watching my player grow and develope, and I like the individual goals, etc that come with it, but when gametime hits I like to play the entire thing.

I see no reason we can't at least have the option to do that, and allow some of us to have the best of both worlds.
Old 07-03-2011, 10:38 PM   #68
MVP

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_457
not true other sports titles have had career modes where you control the entire team like NBA 2k a few years back and I agree with DickDalewood there should be an option for people like us
Old 07-03-2011, 11:16 PM   #69
MVP

BDawg35's Arena

OVR: 14

1. NCAA 2004
There are many more options and improvements to the game since then, but for pure fun factor, this was my all-time favorite. It was the beginning of online play, which opened up the opportunity to make some of my best Internet friends. Never met most of them in person, but we all have great memories from this game. It's also the game in which I played my first published dynasties.

2. NCAA 2007
This game was as polished as it got in the PS2/XBox days and had features that EA still hasn't implemented on the PS3/360. I played one of my favorite dynasties, rolling with Vanderbilt for about 17 seasons and winning two national titles late in that 'nasty. I played that game to death and loved it.

3. NCAA 2003
My very first NCAA game, so it has a soft spot. This is where my crack ... errr ... NCAA addiction began.

4. NCAA 2008
The first NCAA game on the PS3, I believe, certainly the first one I played on the PS3. It's the first version in which I played a dynasty of any length that didn't end in a national championship, so I take some pride in that. I used Eastern Michigan and played maybe 10 years or so.

5. NCAA 2009
The beginning of online dynasty play, a revolution in the series. I didn't do much with offline dynasty. I can't remember why. Maybe the game wasn't that great after all? Maybe playing an online dynasty took up too much of my gaming time? I think I played five seasons with Oregon State and won the national title in Year 5, then stopped playing.
Old 05-18-2013, 12:07 PM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 0
Sorry to bump an old thread but I like this list & recently started a 2006 dynasty on org Xbox & wow what a blast.

After reading all the old comments I went to look for video of 07 & found this gem..I'm sure it will bring back some memories for some.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ef9HWEYNR4
Old 05-19-2013, 02:13 AM   #71
MVP

bh446066's Arena

OVR: 26

Definitely agree with 11, 06, and 04. Only played the series since 03, so I'd round out my top 5 with 08 and 05. Yes, I loved 05!

MLB 21 The Show
College Hoops 2K8
Pro Evolution Soccer 2018
NHL 19
NCAA Football 14/11
NBA 2K16
Madden 20
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2013, 10:07 PM   #72
Rookie

Eagle34's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retropyro
I really do miss the ability to have your Road to Glory player move on to become a coach in your dynasty. I don't understand why that was removed.
That gives me an idea about what it would be like if tied in with the Coaching Carousel. Say I was a WR in college. Then I could become a WR coach. Just like offensive coordinators can only control the offense, WR coaches could only control the receivers. I'd definitely love playing something like that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »