Home

Pro Style Offense

This is a discussion on Pro Style Offense within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2011, 04:45 PM   #9
Rookie

WipeOut464's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Pro Style Offense

Quote:
Originally Posted by He1nousOne1
Take a look at your tight ends. They often work out really well at fullback if you are looking for a mainly blocking fullback. Plenty of tight ends to be found to recruit. Just take a very close look at their stats while recruiting and look very closely meaning if you are at a point where you are mainly trying to recruit 4* recruits, you may drop down to 3* and even possibly 2* to find that TE that is all about the blocking.

In some Pro plays the fullback drops into the flat for passes and TE for the most part have better stats for doing that anyways so if you can find a really powerful blocking TE you are set at fullback in a PRO.
I agree about the importance of a solid FB. I've tried converting TEs, fast OTs, power RBs, I mean everything. In a pinch, a converted blocking TE will work, but far and away the best thing to do is to look for athletes. I found a 4* athlete my 6th year into my dynasty and then a 5* crusher at FB the next year. Combined with a good blocking TE and a power RB, my rushing attack was unstoppable.

NCAA: Georgia
NFL: San Francisco
MLB: ZZZzzzzzz...

Old 06-29-2011, 05:16 PM   #10
Rookie

Wrecktum's Arena

OVR: 4

Undersized centers and guards make great goal-line fullbacks. They are pretty useless in the passing game, though.
Old 06-29-2011, 05:19 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

My pro style offense usually has a pass first QB, but I prefer him to have a little speed if possible, a quick RB and one bruising RB, one tall possession WR and a couple of speed burners, a run block first line, a tough fullback, and a TE who can block and catch passes.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2011, 05:50 PM   #12
Rookie

Randiesel75's Arena

OVR: 15
Good point on the athlete conversion to FB. Perhaps my first few seasons I will run a singleback offense as I recruit then groom a good FB (either ATH or TE conversion). Once the squad is ready I can move into my favored setup of pro formation.
Old 06-29-2011, 05:56 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

I will run a Heavy-Run Pro-Style with some pistol and some unbalanced lines. QBs will not be hard to find for me, since I will just need game managers with at least 70 Speed. All types of RBs and TEs. I will most likely used undersized guards as FB. I wont use FBs in the pass games or much at all besides blocks.
Old 06-29-2011, 06:18 PM   #14
Rookie

He1nousOne1's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by WipeOut464
I agree about the importance of a solid FB. I've tried converting TEs, fast OTs, power RBs, I mean everything. In a pinch, a converted blocking TE will work, but far and away the best thing to do is to look for athletes. I found a 4* athlete my 6th year into my dynasty and then a 5* crusher at FB the next year. Combined with a good blocking TE and a power RB, my rushing attack was unstoppable.
This is true, some athletes can make great fullbacks but athletes take an extra step then tight ends do when figuring out if they will work. TE's just stand out a little easier as possible fb's but the good thing about athletes is that they are generally not as desired by other teams right away in comparison to tight ends so you can leave them to one of your later recruits and focus your time on other positions earlier on in the season.
Old 06-30-2011, 08:50 PM   #15
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

Like alot of people it was pretty easy to find the 2 and 3* blocking TE last year to move to FB. They was just seeing this early ahead of time. I hope they have improved the FB recruits this year though in real life this isnt a big position anyway. Also UGA moved a backup TE to FB this year so it does happen in real life.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2011, 09:00 PM   #16
Pro

Slaticus's Arena

OVR: 5

I started a new dynasty with Clemson and I had the number 5 fb with me as his number 1. B speed and accel. I really, really, really want him. Perfect short yardage back and option fullback. Figured I would pair him with my incoming 6'3'' 243 lb QB I have coming in. We so excite.

If you would like to see the Wing T in action, you can check out my twitch channel. I stream there..badly. I post highlights on my youtube channel as well!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »