Home

This is the way Presentation should be...

This is a discussion on This is the way Presentation should be... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2011, 01:56 AM   #1
Pro

sparkdawg777's Arena

OVR: 1
This is the way Presentation should be...

After playing the demo twice and already skipping the lousy camera angles (grass looks nice, don't have to advertise it). They really need to take from Madden and what they are doing. And on top of that they also need to learn from NCAA Basketball 10 with their broadcasts. Instead of only having highlights after quarters, let's get a slow replay of the TD or last big play after a timeout is called, transitioning to a commercial (of course we won't actually have a commercial ) But to anyone who has played NCAA Basketball 10 I don't think I ever skipped the quick highlights during the game (maybe because I'm in love with CBS sports, which needs to be added). And we need the REAL intros! Here's what I mean, just take entirely from the Sugar Bowl's presentation...

watch some of it and then skip to 9:30, that's what I'm mainly talking about with the transition after a scoring drive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX2zq...eature=related

obviously we need the (almost) ABC music as well.. I'd include more examples but I think you guys get the point. If I made the game I would really try to create the presentation like this but obviously I don't so I just hope we can all push for it, if you guys like the idea as well.

EDIT: Here's one of CBS they do it best, fast forward to the end...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOsOS...eature=related

EDIT: 1 more,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOsOS...eature=related

So it should be as follows,

1. TD
2. TD replay
3. FG
4. Transition with TD celebration and Scoreboard (and CBS music) sorry it just gets me ready for football season!

Last edited by sparkdawg777; 06-29-2011 at 02:04 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2011, 02:09 AM   #2
Sic 'em Bears!

BaylorBearBryant's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: This is the way Presentation should be...

This is from a different, but similar thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BTG

I've always wanted to see multiple layers of commentary. Have a radio announced for games that are not televised. Have a group covering normal games that would be used 90% of the time and then have a group to announce Games of the Week/BCS games. Make it so you have to earn that extra commentary team...just make it a good group. The last thing most people would want is to bust their *** with BYU or something, get to a bowl game and be rewarded with Brent Musberger.

Radio or school coverage for non-televised games.

FSN for regional broadcasts.

ESPN's respective coverage.

ABC for headlining PAC 12, Big XII, Big Ten games, etc.

CBS for SEC.

FOX for BCS Bowls.

Keith Jackson for the National Championship!

You could even make the broadcast crew's DLC. I'd pay extra for that. That'd be a dream...

Baylor Bears - Texans - Astros - Rockets - Avalanche

Follow me on Twitch: twitch.tv/osovideo
Old 06-29-2011, 02:43 AM   #3
Old School

MachoMyers's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorBearBryant

Quote:

Originally Posted by BTG

I've always wanted to see multiple layers of commentary. Have a radio announced for games that are not televised. Have a group covering normal games that would be used 90% of the time and then have a group to announce Games of the Week/BCS games. Make it so you have to earn that extra commentary team...just make it a good group. The last thing most people would want is to bust their *** with BYU or something, get to a bowl game and be rewarded with Brent Musberger.

CBS for SEC.

FOX for BCS Bowls.

You could even make the broadcast crew's DLC. I'd pay extra for that. That'd be a dream...
If those were DLC and they had ESPN/CBS quality intros to games I would pay $100 for the game.
Old 06-29-2011, 02:44 AM   #4
Rookie

Catamount53's Arena

I agree with you. Commentary and presentation has to be one of the focal points for next years game. They really need to take a page from madden's book and meet with actual directors for college football broadcasts and do it right. Everything needs to be reworked from the actual commentary to the way entrances are handled to replays.

As for multiple commentary teams, I'd much prefer they get one very good commentary/presentation package than a bunch of mediocre ones.

My biggest problems with commentary/presentation are:

-Analysis. They added a little bit this year with the Erin Andrews thing and the impact player thing Herbstreit does. There needs to be more though. Talk about impact players, season/career statistics, rankings, history, matchups, etc.

-Entrances. There is way too much dead time the way the current entrances are set up. To me it makes them very boring and awkward, especially when they show the crowd cutscenes and you can hear individual people. The dead air needs to be filled and the whole sequence tightened up.

-Big Plays/Replays. The commentators rarely mention big plays nor are there replays where there should be. You already covered what it should look like in the OP so I'll leave it at that.

-Cutscenes. I really hope they add what madden is getting this year into next years game. It makes the game look much more fluid and like a broadcast. Also it pretty much eliminates choppy cutscenes and instead of cutscenes you get camaras showing what is happening on the field (the players are actually doing it, not just some pre recorded video).

Anyway thats just my 2 cents. I like NCAA, but its time to go a new direction with presentation.
Old 06-29-2011, 06:51 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorBearBryant

Quote:

Originally Posted by BTG

CBS for SEC.

ESPN for BCS Bowls.

Fixed. I think CBS would be incredible. I love their presentation.

And OP, do you have something against Arkansas?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2011, 04:36 PM   #6
Pro

sparkdawg777's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dochalladay32
Fixed. I think CBS would be incredible. I love their presentation.

And OP, do you have something against Arkansas?

Lol sorry I didn't even realize I did that.

Another note about the intro, EA needs to quit advertising the game we are playing! I'm talking about in the demo when you get the intro you have to see the title "NCAA Football 12". Come on, we know what freakin' game we are playing! When is somebody going to step up and do this presentation right?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »