Home

Staff Roundtable: NCAA Football 12 Demo Impressions

This is a discussion on Staff Roundtable: NCAA Football 12 Demo Impressions within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2011, 01:09 PM   #17
Pro

ThaShark28_316's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Staff Roundtable: NCAA Football 12 Demo Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bimmer
I agree with Christian and Bob. Jason your not serious when you state, Mlb the Show has TV-quality commentary are you? Even though I agree NCAA commentary needs work, The Show needs more work.
Exactly. @ Jayson got it right.

EDIT: Only thing was right was the fifa comment. But that goes for all football games, sans backbreaker. MLB The Show has horrid commentary these days. As for NBA 2k, it's nice and all, but the script isn't where you want it. Clark Kellogg is a damn good color commentator, but sounded awful in this past year's game.
Horns FBall
Horns BBall
Stars

Last edited by ThaShark28_316; 06-29-2011 at 01:25 PM.
Old 06-29-2011, 01:11 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 0
simple as this anybody who is reading these comments scroll up and just look at that screen shot does that look fresh and new or old and boring? honest opinion......
guys the lighting and contrast is off
Old 06-29-2011, 01:14 PM   #19
Rookie

Personally from a guy that loves oregon spread option I am dispointed about the speed of the hand offs on the offset power plays it really gives the defense to much time to get to the play other than not having the shovel option in ths game yet again I thought the game was very crisp NCAA 11
Old 06-29-2011, 01:23 PM   #20
Rookie

Re: Staff Roundtable: NCAA Football 12 Demo Impressions

I love the game and everything so far so good good improvment from 11. but as anyone else noticed the invisable players when showing the gametrack replay. it happen to me when i came back from halftime and they showed a gametrack and all i see was the ball no players at all, just the ball being moved around but couldnt see any players on the field. i hope this is just a demo problem.
Old 06-29-2011, 01:28 PM   #21
Rookie

MLB 2k11 has a better commentary than MLB the show!!! 2K sports the best!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2011, 01:42 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by BestServedCold
I completely agree withJayson Young on this one.
Couldn't have said it better myself and I also agree with the last guy's sentiment. Things are still not "Backbreaker" smooth. While that game sucked overall because of the camera angle and awful player models, the tackling and physics were fantastic. Time to step up to the plate like Fifa did.

I noticed none of them commented on the superhuman linebackers that are back in the game. I noticed it heavily and it oh so frustrating. Open guys that can't get the ball because some linebacker with a 42" vertical comes out of nowhere to bat the pass down. This needs to be addressed.

Also... maybe it is because of the wide receivers running into the DBs, but it seems like there is plenty of "psychic DB" play in man coverage and the CPU overall blitzes way too much. Am I the only one who noticed this?

The CPU play-calling and overall AI is bad on offense... still.
Old 06-29-2011, 01:45 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 12
This, however, it is to be noted, I only noticed the superhuman linebackers and psychic DBs during the ps3 demo, which is really frustrating because I have both systems and tend to prefer ps3 for a lot of games. however, I will say that I may end up picking this up for 360 this year because the ps3 version is so poorly done. It's truly a shame. Hopefully this can be fixed by release. But the lack of backbreaker smoothness is apparent with both games.
Old 06-29-2011, 01:53 PM   #24
MVP

ps3veron's Arena

OVR: 11
Great thoughts but does anyone know how old is the demo build?

I remember last year when we all had mixed opinions on what turned out to be one of the best football games ever! Just saying..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »