Home

Staff Roundtable: NCAA Football 12 Demo Impressions

This is a discussion on Staff Roundtable: NCAA Football 12 Demo Impressions within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2011, 03:42 PM   #33
Rookie

teamnolesfanfsu's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Staff Roundtable: NCAA Football 12 Demo Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsmallwood
The players seem to slide and glide more than actually having the foot planting in the grass. This bothers me because it makes the game seem very arcadish. I never get the feeling the players are ever really running. Other than the the game looks GREAT, but the commentary is so stale and awful at times. It still does not show (at least in the demo) any true TD celebrations with teammates mobbing (esp for game winners) no crowd noise differentials...etc. they have work to do. The demo seems like NCAA 11.5
absolutley agree ! its like skating on grass plus presenatation is flat and boring.
Old 06-29-2011, 04:47 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BestServedCold
I completely agree withJayson Young on this one.
Agree...I broke up an option play and deflected the pitch and it was rule an incomplete pass....
Old 06-29-2011, 05:09 PM   #35
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
It's a refined NCAA 11 imo. I think it could be really good with slider adjustments but the default settings are no good for me. The one big concern I have is the OL/DL interaction. I see way too many pancakes on the Heisman level and the black and white nature of the OL battles needs work.

I don't know how long I will play the demo. The cpu offence is horrible on AA and my passing game sucks on Heisman. My run defence also struggles on Heisman while the cpu OL runs around pancaking my DL all the time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2011, 05:22 PM   #36
Rookie

This maybe the best ncaa game, but there is still room for improvement
Old 06-29-2011, 05:23 PM   #37
Pro

sparkdawg777's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Staff Roundtable: NCAA Football 12 Demo Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmo Bowl
Couldn't agree more with jayson and this post.

You know the more I look at it, the more I agree. The ESPN comment was completely true, it really is an insult the way their presentation is setup. In all honesty the reason I still like this game is because I love college football, I am starting to realize THAT is the reason I buy the game, THAT is the reason I even like the game. I think the dev team really try, and I don't want to bash them but I'm sorry, I am just starting to feel they are making the wrong decisions to push this franchise forward. I just feel they don't think everything through and a lack of football experience on the team may be the cause. Again I don't want to insult the devs but I'm willing to bet not many actually played football, Alex is the first one I have seen hired that we know of college football experience and RTG already looks like the best mode in the game to me (or at least most improved).

Now I don't want to bash them if they do have football experience, because I really don't know but I notice things right off in the demo that should be fixed with the AI, that to me if you have football knowledge and control of this game you would want it fixed ASAP. (i.e. CPU timeouts, playcalling, techniques, etc)

Gameplay needs to be the #1 improved thing in 13, if they need to the devs should talk with coaches, read books, or whatever it takes for them to completely understand the game and insert it into the game so NCAA can not just be a fun experience but a learning experience as well. I know it's just a video game but people need to know there is A LOT more to football than just running 4 verts, or having 15 step drops, they should have to pay for not doing things realistically or "cheesing". Unfortunately there are only a few who will play the right way which makes online no fun and even harder to find a solid online dynasty. You shouldn't have to make up rules to make the game realistic, they should not be able to execute these cheese plays in the game.

Again, I don't mean to offend anyone, especially the devs because they are trying, but I just had to express how I felt.
Old 06-29-2011, 05:40 PM   #38
Banned

For everyone that says the game is great, I would like to know what they are comparing it to. NCAA 06? Compared to the other sports games like NBA 2k11 or NFL 2k5, This game suck!! ........ people are out of their mind or don't know football. I can't believe what i am reading. No wonder people like Sarah Palin has a voice.
Old 06-29-2011, 05:57 PM   #39
Rookie

209vaughn's Arena

OVR: 1
Why the hell does LaMichael James have dreads in this year?

Im a hardcore NCAA fan, but for some reason I just cant get pumped about this years game... I think it's because the Madden developers have "tipped" there hand at what lies ahead in Madden, which has me excited about the NFL again... It will be my first current-gen Madden purchase.

NCAA hits a nice double every year, but nothing that ever makes you say "wow" like NBA 2k11 or MLB The Show or even FIFA. The spread option is just so broken in the NCAA franchise, that you just have to ignore this glaring defect to enjoy the game.

Madden should be a much better game this year... 1: They've dumped more resources into relaunching the Madden brand. 2: They dont have to code confusing spread offenses into the game.
Old 06-29-2011, 05:57 PM   #40
Rookie

Sabredj's Arena

OVR: 5
Everyone needs to keep in mind that the demo is always sub par to the shipped game and especially in NCAA's history. This is an old build and with the tuner able to handle some things I'm expecting something that is head's above the demo.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »