Home

Staff Roundtable: NCAA Football 12 Demo Impressions

This is a discussion on Staff Roundtable: NCAA Football 12 Demo Impressions within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2011, 06:53 PM   #49
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Staff Roundtable: NCAA Football 12 Demo Impressions

I agree with Dustin the most. The CPU AI bothered me some, but it has for the past 14 years I've bought this game. I guess I've come to terms with the fact that a video game player will never make the same "common sense" decisions a human would in a majority of situations. The play-calling could be tightened, but it isn't that big of a deal to me really. Unless this demo looked like a SNES game, it wasn't going to have any impact on whether or not I was going to buy the game. It's a must buy for me each year. The only video game that can say that anymore.
Old 06-29-2011, 07:10 PM   #50
MVP

OVR: 30
Only played most of one game of the demo last night on the PS3 but here is my lil take:

-Graphics seemed to have more 'POP' to them. Maybe it's the lighting bit the players almost looked 3D....bit by the same token, the jaggies stood out S well. The PS3 NCAA demos, and usually Madden, never look as optimized as the retail versions...usually. Last yr's demo seemed to be pretty much on par wit the retail version
- Feels SMOOTH and I could feel the difference from previous versions because of ERADICATED suction so now I gotta learn a bit of newness wit how I control thangs.

- TACKLES, TACKLES, TACKLES!!! WOOO, my reactions to good hits is unlike ever before. Pops are really pops, now. I feel dem ishes, mon! Lol.

More on it later. Got a phone call and I beez typing and commuting...
Old 06-29-2011, 07:22 PM   #51
MVP

poopoop's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
This is not the best Sports Game out, period.
Interesting how the ESPN presentation was done good in their College Basketball, but is just simply absent in their Football version.

I've come to the conclusion that EA bought the ESPN rights only to prevent any other Developer from using, because they surely have not purchased it to enhance the "ONLY" College Sports game out, which of course is only produced by them.

This is the 2nd year that leaves you to question, why own it, if your not going to use it?
In it's current form, it's simply an "Imbarassment" to the ESPN Product!
You mean you don't like listening to day old ESPN radio segments while you recruit?

You don't like ESPN tickers with REAL sports scores?

I agree with you though, also agree with Jayson.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2011, 08:01 PM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 0
After playing the demo I have to agree with Jayson Young 100%. While I'm disappointed with the demo I'm actually not to bummed because it was unlikely I was going to buy it any way even though I'm a huge sports gamer. I have been alternating between madden and ncaa on a yearly basis. After you skip a year the other title sure seems a lot fresher. I guess it's been a little luck involved also because I bought madden 10 and it was a great game in it's day. Skipped madden 11 (which sucked) and got ncaa 11 which was a pretty good game. Now it's time for me to skip ncaa 12 and from the demo I see I won't miss much. Plus this years madden seems to be a vastly improved game how lucky am I!
Old 06-29-2011, 08:03 PM   #53
Madden Art Director

BigFan77's Arena

OVR: 5

OS,

While our PS3 game does support displaying 1080i/p, it does this by scaling from an intermediate resolution that does not preserve as much detail.* It was built this way to support old HD sets that only had 480/1080 options.

If you want the game to look it’s very best, use PS3 720p only because we render in that directly.

I hope that clears things up for everyone.
Old 06-29-2011, 08:33 PM   #54
Rookie

NJG-11's Arena

OVR: 0
1080p looks good to me on my ps3 but imma try it out on 720p
Old 06-29-2011, 08:34 PM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFan77
OS,

While our PS3 game does support displaying 1080i/p, it does this by scaling from an intermediate resolution that does not preserve as much detail.* It was built this way to support old HD sets that only had 480/1080 options.

If you want the game to look it’s very best, use PS3 720p only because we render in that directly.

I hope that clears things up for everyone.
So does this mean that we can expect the PS3 version to look identical to the demo (graphically)?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2011, 08:48 PM   #56
Pro

Super Glock's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeld1
For everyone that says the game is great, I would like to know what they are comparing it to. NCAA 06? Compared to the other sports games like NBA 2k11 or NFL 2k5, This game suck!! ........ people are out of their mind or don't know football. I can't believe what i am reading. No wonder people like Sarah Palin has a voice.
Its posts like this that have me looking for a dislike button.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »