Home

NCAA 12 PS3 pics of field

This is a discussion on NCAA 12 PS3 pics of field within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2011, 02:49 PM   #25
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: NCAA 12 PS3 pics of field

Again, I need to reiterate what I have been saying on the impressions thread.

The problem is NOT that the PS3 version looks bad. It doesn't. It looks fine.

The problem is the 360 version looks a lot better. IT just does. I am sorry. If you don't believe me go play it on your TV. If you can't, I am sure a side by side comparison will get posted soon and then you will definitely have nothing to argue about because it will be right there in front of you.

Listen, if you think the PS3 version looks good, which it does, then I highly suggest saving up for a cheap 360 slim or something like that because it will blow you away. The differences between the demo versions is borderline staggering, but at the very least undisputedly noticeable.

You gotta understand, I am not a PS3 basher. I own a freakin PS3. I sold my 360 over a year ago. I love it. But this isn't the place to be a fanboy, we need to be fair and objective and focus on the truth and trying to get these problems resolved.

Last year the PS3 demo was much darker and a little less sharp than the 360 demo and that was fixed in the retail version of NCAA 11.

Lets hope they did the same this year.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2011, 02:56 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 4

I mean that is your opinion but I have also played both versions although not side by side and honestly came away feeling the were almost identical. To me there was nothing noticeably different between the two demos. Im sure there were some slight graphical differences, but nothing major. Besides this is a demo from like a 2 month old build so its no reason to go waste money on another console when the retail versions will be identical regardless.

Also I have watched youtube videos of both versions side by side and still fail to see much difference at all. Idk maybe some people are just more picky about graphics than I am.

Old 06-29-2011, 02:57 PM   #27
Hall Of Fame

AUChase's Arena

OVR: 35

I've got it downloaded for both the 360 and PS3 and you're completely right.
Old 06-29-2011, 03:02 PM   #28
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanforlife21
I mean that is your opinion but I have also played both versions although not side by side and honestly came away feeling the were almost identical. To me there was nothing noticeably different between the two demos. Im sure there were some slight graphical differences, but nothing major. Besides this is a demo from like a 2 month old build so its no reason to go waste money on another console when the retail versions will be identical regardless.

Also I have watched youtube videos of both versions side by side and still fail to see much difference at all. Idk maybe some people are just more picky about graphics than I am.
Again, like I said, last year the demos had the same problem, one looked better than the other, and the retail versions were pretty much the same.

I HOPE this works the same this year. My only worry is last year was mostly just a brightness issue, this year it looks like some textures are lower res, shadow rendering issues on replays and intros, and jaggyness not present in the 360 demo.

I really don't want to argue about this all day, especially when, to be frank, I honestly know I am right, because I see it with my own two eyes, I spent hours yesterday comparing the two. I get that you want to defend your console and everything but thats just not constructive.

OS Blog

Old 06-29-2011, 03:10 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 1

I don't know...the field looks all blurry to me. When playing, the Longhorn's logo is completely jagged. Just sayin...
Old 06-29-2011, 03:22 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 0

I have both demos and have been messing around with them a bit comparing which one to get. What's strange to me is both versions actually look quite different. The ps3 isn't as sharp and the anti aliasing isn't great. But it doesn't look worse for some reason imo. It actually looks better in a lot of areas. The 360 version is darker. I think the ps3 version has better contrast and is lighter. The grass actually looks better to me on the ps3 sometimes.

I also think the ps3 version runs a bit smoother. The transitions between replays is smoother. I don't know. Has anyone else played both and compared like I have? I think both have pluses and minuses. On replays especially and closeups the character models pop a bit more to me on the ps3. I don't know what it is. Just certain replays have a bit more of a wow factor. I think the character models are more pronounced and the lighting is better at times.

The 360 version just looks rock solid. It's sharper. It's more colorful. But it's darker. The ps3 can look muddy or watery if that makes any sense.

I've watched replays of the grass lol. And sometimes the 360's grass is more detailed. Other times the ps3's grass is more detailed. It's weird.

Last edited by Celtic34; 06-29-2011 at 03:31 PM.
Old 06-29-2011, 03:30 PM   #31
Pro

patsfan1993's Arena

OVR: 8

I remember having a difference in the demos last year and everybody freaking out about it much like they are doing right now. Take a breath. It is a demo. It will be fine just like it was last year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2011, 03:34 PM   #32
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by patsfan1993
I remember having a difference in the demos last year and everybody freaking out about it much like they are doing right now. Take a breath. It is a demo. It will be fine just like it was last year.
In fairness, the difference between the two demos wasnt as big as it is this year.

But, you are most likely right. People are allowed to express concern though. Especially those of us who have seen both side by side

OS Blog

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »