Home

Is the PS3 version an inferior product again this year?

This is a discussion on Is the PS3 version an inferior product again this year? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2011, 10:25 PM   #17
Banned

JSHT21's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Is the PS3 version an inferior product again this year?

I haven't experienced having to press buttons hard at all.... This demo to me is 100x better than 11 and I can't wait until the 12th.

The graphics look fine and better than 11. Who cares if the xbox is a little better. If you seriously don't want the game or think the game is worse because another system is a little better looking then you apparently aren't a college football fan.

The graphics are good enough for this generation, the gameplay is all I care about, and all the things that bothered me last year are fixed in my eyes.
Old 06-29-2011, 10:33 PM   #18
Pro

ab2c4's Arena

OVR: 8

After making that post I played two more games. The problem occurs when selecting a play. Sometimes it selects the play the first time, but usually it is 2-4 times. One time it took me pressing the button 8 times before the play was selected!

As I mentioned, this problem doesn't occur while actually running a play. You don't have to press hard and you don't have to press a button more than once. I have a new two month old ps3 slim and have played I think 6 other games since I got my new ps3 and this problem has never occured in any of those other games.

I should add, I remember this same problem existed in Madden 09 (I think it was 09, could have been 10 though) and was with the ps3 version. Never had this problem when playing Madden or NCAA on the 360. Sadly, I only have a ps3 now so I am stuck with the ps3 version or nothing.
Old 06-29-2011, 10:35 PM   #19
Banned

JSHT21's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab2c4
After making that post I played two more games. The problem occurs when selecting a play. Sometimes it selects the play the first time, but usually it is 2-4 times. One time it took me pressing the button 8 times before the play was selected!

As I mentioned, this problem doesn't occur while actually running a play. You don't have to press hard and you don't have to press a button more than once. I have a new two month old ps3 slim and have played I think 6 other games since I got my new ps3 and this problem has never occured in any of those other games.

I should add, I remember this same problem existed in Madden 09 (I think it was 09, could have been 10 though) and was with the ps3 version. Never had this problem when playing Madden or NCAA on the 360. Sadly, I only have a ps3 now so I am stuck with the ps3 version or nothing.
As I just posted this problem doesn't exist for me, or for my three roommates.. so it has to be something on your end. Maybe while downloading the demo it got corrupted in some way. Just a thought.
Old 06-29-2011, 10:38 PM   #20
Pro

ab2c4's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSHT21
As I just posted this problem doesn't exist for me, or for my three roommates.. so it has to be something on your end. Maybe while downloading the demo it got corrupted in some way. Just a thought.
Maybe, hopefully it's something as simple as that. I guess I will just have to wait for the retail version in two weeks to see.
Old 06-29-2011, 10:50 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 15

PS3 suffers from aliasing while XBOX does not, having an hardware antialiasing filter. That's the difference which reflects in the two versions of the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »