Home

Just saw the default roster for the SEC on TSO

This is a discussion on Just saw the default roster for the SEC on TSO within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-01-2011, 04:55 PM   #89
Rookie

TDTGodfather's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Default Rosters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madwolf
You do realize that under Kragthorpe's watch Louisville went from a Top15 offense for like 4 straight seasons to below 75, and near dead last in many offensive categories during his 3 year reign of terror, including his last 2 years as OC, at Louisville right? But he did coach Drew Bledsoe, as I'm sure his informed everyone already.

I'm not trying to start a flame war with LSU, because they're a great team, and they've won with defense despite their offensive struggles, so I have a lot of respect for them. However, I wouldn't expect to see anything other than a marginal improvement from the offense.

Kragthorpe's offense was only good once, when he was in Tulsa, and that was largely due to Todd Graham, the CUSA being bad, and the OC he brought with him to Louisville for year 1, that he scape-goated his failures onto.

I know Miles brought him into mentor the QBs, but I just don't see them improving that much. Every QB Louisville had under his tenure either regress (Brian Brohm, and Hunter Cantwell), or where the same when Kragthorpe left as when he brought the QB in (Adam Froman, Justin Burke, Will Stein), or they just left campus (Tyler Wolfe, Zach Stoudt, and Matt Simms).

Every one of our QBs saw a huge statistical improvement under Charlie Strong on a team that was said not to have any BCS talent and predicted to go 1-11 last year. Turned into a 6-6 team with a bowl win, much props to SEC style defense from coach Strong.

And just to clear things up, Kragthorpe was never with us when we won the Orange Bowl. He was with us as a head coach from '07 to '09. I know there was some confusion over that.

I know I'm being sour grapes, but what do you expect of us. Kragthorpe took us from being a Top15ish program to being a school with no recruiting, sub-75 ranked, no talent, and full of JUCOs and guys that couldn't make it to class. He basically destroyed our program and record time, and I wish nothing more than a meteor to smash him right in the goatee.
i think every LSU fan knows kragthorpe is a re-tread. but believe it or not LSU's offense sucked because it tried to do too many things under crowton.
in the bowl game they simply went to smashmouth football with some actual deep passes (omg is that allowed??!!) and play action and LSU destroyed a tough tamu team that was the sexy pick in that game.

that's all the offense needed. taking a few things and doing them well.

there's a great chance that krags will burn out at LSU, there's also a decent chance that he and LSU will be a good match.

i guess we'll see. he knows he was basically given a "resurrect your career" card at LSU. i'm willing to see if he makes the best of it.

we heard alot of negative from tenn fans when chavis came here. it took him a year or so but the defense is his now and he's doing an excellent job with it.

sometimes a change of scenery works. sometimes it will lead to meltdown city. time will tell.
Chicago White Sox
Old 07-01-2011, 04:56 PM   #90
MVP

andybaseball2005's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Just saw the default roster for the SEC on TSO

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatleg3
No love for the non-bcs conferences????? Does anyone have a link to c-usa ratings???
Just go here:

http://www.easports.com/teambuilder#/home

All the roster's are there.
Old 07-01-2011, 05:26 PM   #91
MVP

acts238shaun's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: Default Rosters

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDTGodfather
i think every LSU fan knows kragthorpe is a re-tread. but believe it or not LSU's offense sucked because it tried to do too many things under crowton.
in the bowl game they simply went to smashmouth football with some actual deep passes (omg is that allowed??!!) and play action and LSU destroyed a tough tamu team that was the sexy pick in that game.

that's all the offense needed. taking a few things and doing them well.

there's a great chance that krags will burn out at LSU, there's also a decent chance that he and LSU will be a good match.

i guess we'll see. he knows he was basically given a "resurrect your career" card at LSU. i'm willing to see if he makes the best of it.

we heard alot of negative from tenn fans when chavis came here. it took him a year or so but the defense is his now and he's doing an excellent job with it.

sometimes a change of scenery works. sometimes it will lead to meltdown city. time will tell.
Shoot, I knew Chavis + LSU = BEAST. If he ever ran the 3-4 at LSU it would be another Bama defense only in purple.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »