Home

Just saw the default roster for the SEC on TSO

This is a discussion on Just saw the default roster for the SEC on TSO within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-30-2011, 03:15 PM   #65
MVP

speedy43's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Just saw the default roster for the SEC on TSO

ACC
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=iq_dZJVrae8

Big-12
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ktkos...el_video_title
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2011, 07:39 PM   #66
Banned

OVR: 1

Neutral opinion:
Football junkie and Penn State fan.

Denard, Martinez, James, Demps and McCaleb should all be 99 acceleration.

However I would put Demps 99 speed, James/McCaleb 98, Denard 97 and Martinez around 94. Out of all those guys I enjoyed watching Martinez more than any of those guys with Denard being second. James and McCaleb should be similar in speed but James should have higher "running back" ratings. No way though Martinez is below a 90 plus and no way is McCaleb in James's league overall.

I also think Kniles Davis benefitted (sp.) from a better surrounding cast of Oline and skill players than a guy like Lattimore. No doube Lattimore, Dyer, and Richardson are 92 plus overall guys. I say Richardson is a 96 or so and for some bum who said he can't catch the ball have you ever watched him? I say Dyer is better than Davis by a slim margin as well with Lattimore being a 95 or so too....
Old 06-30-2011, 07:48 PM   #67
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

UGA's roster needs changes like every team does, but nothing more then usual and nothing I cant fix. I'm pleased with the spread out ratings. I just get a kick out of the zzzzomg my fav player was robed he should be faster.
Old 06-30-2011, 08:24 PM   #68
Banned

OVR: 9

UVa- Kris Bird isn't our best player. That should be #13 Chase Minnifield or 56 Cam Johnson. 68 Anthony Mihota isn't even our best lineman (he should be about a 75). That is 78 Morgan Moses. None of our QB's should be rated higher than 72-73. Number 33 Perry Jones should be a 75-76, not 80. WR, TE, and OL outside of Moses look fine. #9 LeRoy Reynolds is not an 85 or our best defender. He should be about a 75-77. #53 Steve Greer is about a 77-78. #28 CB Devin Wallce is about a 75-76, not 83. #7 Corey Mosley should be a 77-78. #4 Rodney McLeod should be the same. Like it or not, this is why we have roster guys. Would be glad to help with UVa any way I can.
Old 06-30-2011, 09:36 PM   #69
MVP

acts238shaun's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsackII
Neutral opinion:
Football junkie and Penn State fan.

Denard, Martinez, James, Demps and McCaleb should all be 99 acceleration.

However I would put Demps 99 speed, James/McCaleb 98, Denard 97 and Martinez around 94. Out of all those guys I enjoyed watching Martinez more than any of those guys with Denard being second. James and McCaleb should be similar in speed but James should have higher "running back" ratings. No way though Martinez is below a 90 plus and no way is McCaleb in James's league overall.

I also think Kniles Davis benefitted (sp.) from a better surrounding cast of Oline and skill players than a guy like Lattimore. No doube Lattimore, Dyer, and Richardson are 92 plus overall guys. I say Richardson is a 96 or so and for some bum who said he can't catch the ball have you ever watched him? I say Dyer is better than Davis by a slim margin as well with Lattimore being a 95 or so too....
Well, I agree with a lot of that but look on youtube for "fastest players in college football". Cobi Hamilton has been electronically timed as being faster than LaMichael James. Hamilton is Arkansas's 4th fastest player. Davis and Jarius Wright are 1-2. Davis is a freak nearly on the Trent Richardson level. He's faster and nearly as strong. Davis is as fast as James, not as agile, @ 240 lbs. Dyer is a little slower than both, but is at top speed almost at step two, like Rickey Henderson. Lattimore isn't as fast as these guys, not as strong (except James, Lattimore is stronger). Lattimore gets credit for a good start and USC's beating Bama. He's good but last year he wasn't as good as the other 4, and def not a 95 OVR. As far as a supporting cast, Arkansas would have loved to have Jeffreys and Garcia with USC's defense when he was getting 1600 and 1800 yards with Casey Dick @ QB.

That said, all these guys are prolly getting 1500 yards this year.
Old 06-30-2011, 10:01 PM   #70
MVP

Madwolf's Arena

Re: Default Rosters

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDTGodfather
the LSU offense was pretty atrocious last year.

but EA should've based the upcoming offense on the bowl game/spring game (much more emphasis on run and then deep play action- a nod to miles and now kragthorpe) instead of crowton's master of none style.
Let me just say right now, that I'm sorry in advance for all the suck that is about to occur @ LSU due to Kragthorpe's offensive play calling "abilities."
Old 06-30-2011, 10:11 PM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madwolf
Let me just say right now, that I'm sorry in advance for all the suck that is about to occur @ LSU due to Kragthorpe's offensive play calling "abilities."
Nothing could possibly suck worse than Gary Crowton, sorry to tell you lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2011, 10:58 PM   #72
MVP

Madwolf's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jboss13
Nothing could possibly suck worse than Gary Crowton, sorry to tell you lol.
You do realize that under Kragthorpe's watch Louisville went from a Top15 offense for like 4 straight seasons to below 75, and near dead last in many offensive categories during his 3 year reign of terror, including his last 2 years as OC, at Louisville right? But he did coach Drew Bledsoe, as I'm sure his informed everyone already.

I'm not trying to start a flame war with LSU, because they're a great team, and they've won with defense despite their offensive struggles, so I have a lot of respect for them. However, I wouldn't expect to see anything other than a marginal improvement from the offense.

Kragthorpe's offense was only good once, when he was in Tulsa, and that was largely due to Todd Graham, the CUSA being bad, and the OC he brought with him to Louisville for year 1, that he scape-goated his failures onto.

I know Miles brought him into mentor the QBs, but I just don't see them improving that much. Every QB Louisville had under his tenure either regress (Brian Brohm, and Hunter Cantwell), or where the same when Kragthorpe left as when he brought the QB in (Adam Froman, Justin Burke, Will Stein), or they just left campus (Tyler Wolfe, Zach Stoudt, and Matt Simms).

Every one of our QBs saw a huge statistical improvement under Charlie Strong on a team that was said not to have any BCS talent and predicted to go 1-11 last year. Turned into a 6-6 team with a bowl win, much props to SEC style defense from coach Strong.

And just to clear things up, Kragthorpe was never with us when we won the Orange Bowl. He was with us as a head coach from '07 to '09. I know there was some confusion over that.

I know I'm being sour grapes, but what do you expect of us. Kragthorpe took us from being a Top15ish program to being a school with no recruiting, sub-75 ranked, no talent, and full of JUCOs and guys that couldn't make it to class. He basically destroyed our program and record time, and I wish nothing more than a meteor to smash him right in the goatee.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »