Home

EA MUST fix blocking AWR!!!

This is a discussion on EA MUST fix blocking AWR!!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2011, 11:28 PM   #17
Pro

sparkdawg777's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: EA MUST fix blocking AWR!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap032
Dude, you act like a spoiled child who isnt getting his way!! lol. To answer your question....I know a lot about football......a whole lot. In real life, blockers dont stop and turnaround to start blocking pursuers. Typically the slow down and provide "shed" blocks. In a nut shell, they get in the way or provide a screen so to speak. In the demo Ive played about 30 games and tbis hasnt been a problem for me. My blockers have blocked and I havent been getting run down from behind once Ive broken free. Nobody else seems to be having this problem so Im sorry about your bad luck. Perhaps you arent hitting the.sprint button or you are pressing the cover button(which slows you down).

It happened to me too, actually to the CPU. I was chasing down a RB who could have easily scored a 60 yard TD run if his WRs did not slow him down by running in front of him. I actually had the awareness to chase him toward the WRs when I noticed they were slowing him down, (and I feel ashamed lol). But seriously just because it hasn't happened to you yet doesn't mean it is not a problem. If this was still in the retail game and happened to you on the last play of the game you would be complaining.

Like the above said, if there is no one to block in front of the ball carrier then he should try to slow down anyone chasing. That's common sense.
Old 06-29-2011, 11:30 PM   #18
Pro

sparkdawg777's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROman
you can also get an uneccessary roughness penalty for blocking behind the play if you lay a cheap shot & the ref deems it uneccessary. downfield blockers are taught to look inside- check out some breakaway plays and you'll see blockers running inside of the ball carrier b/c that's where the defenders with an angle will be coming from. there are things that ea does wrong, but this is not one of them.

He's talking about if there is a defender gaining ground on the ball carrier, you should try to block him. That is definately not a penalty.
Old 06-29-2011, 11:38 PM   #19
Rookie

cap032's Arena

OVR: 6

I agree, in real life the convoy would slow down and shed block. They wouldnt however turn completely around and block. I think he must either not be.hitting the sprint button or hes hitting the.cover button, if everybody is running by him.
Old 06-29-2011, 11:43 PM   #20
Pro

sparkdawg777's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap032
I agree, in real life the convoy would slow down and shed block. They wouldnt however turn completely around and block. I think he must either not be.hitting the sprint button or hes hitting the.cover button, if everybody is running by him.

I don't think anyone is saying turn around and try to lay someone out, just trying to slow down somebody gaining ground, if it is necessary to hit him then he should hit him.

Did you not read my post earlier, it happened to me too and the CPU was SPRINTING, I know this because I was SPRINTING and not gaining on him until he was slowed by his own players blindly running in front of him to block nobody. It is in the game, it might be rare because it hasn't happened again but it is there. I saw it and I'm telling you right now, if they don't fix it there is a slight possiblity of it happening to someone in a key situation.
Old 06-29-2011, 11:54 PM   #21
Rookie

cap032's Arena

OVR: 6

Maybe then Im misunderstanding the OP. He said its not a penalty if you block someone in the front. I assumed he meant by that, turning around and blocking them. Realistically, the offensive players wouldnt be "blocking" while sprinting ahead of pursuers. Instead they would be shedding (using their backside) to cut off/slow down the pursuer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2011, 11:58 PM   #22
Rookie

Catamount53's Arena

Man people take stuff too literally here sometimes.

OP is talking about when you are on a breakaway run and are tackled from behind by a guy who easily could have been blocked, but your teammate was too busy getting in your way to do it.

I agree with him. It happens sometimes and its annoying.
Old 06-30-2011, 12:22 AM   #23
Banned

I know!! No friggen joke today my FB runs up the middle with the ONLY tackler coming at me and STANDS there as the tackler runs past him and stops me from scoring the easiest touchdown ive ever seen. The Blocking still sucks
Old 08-06-2011, 01:31 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 2

This happens to me all the time! My blockers consistently run right into me while attempting to get to a defender. Another thing they do is if I'm running down the sideline with a defender still in front of me they'll be running just a little bit behind me and box me in forcing me to run right toward the last defender that could possibly tackle me instead of being able to juke or cut it toward the middle of the field.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »