Home

Graphics PS3 vs XBOX 360?

This is a discussion on Graphics PS3 vs XBOX 360? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 08:23 PM   #25
Rookie

micksharp's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Graphics PS3 vs XBOX 360?

For about the 10th time now, "I'm not bashing PS3" I think we can all agree that the demos are quite a bit different. I really just want a good solid opinion from a legit guy who has actually played the retail version of both. If that guy doesn't exist then oh well but I really just want to know which system to by the game for? That's all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2011, 11:03 PM   #26
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbalmer
Why is the PS3 easier to transfer files? I know how the ps3 works, I own one, but I am thinking about getting an xbox because I mostly play sports games and I was wondering what the difference is.

Also, for rosters, the xbox version has the locker thing, right?

Thanks
If I recall correctly, you can transfer files via USB device from your PS3 to computer. Having the ability to do this for stadium sounds and pull pictures would be great for what I want to do with the game.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 06-30-2011, 11:04 PM   #27
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by micksharp
For about the 10th time now, "I'm not bashing PS3" I think we can all agree that the demos are quite a bit different. I really just want a good solid opinion from a legit guy who has actually played the retail version of both. If that guy doesn't exist then oh well but I really just want to know which system to by the game for? That's all.
Nobody has the retail version yet. If it is that big of a deal just wait one day after the release to get your answer.

Relax

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 07-01-2011, 04:52 AM   #28
Rookie

pistonica's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
Nobody has the retail version yet. If it is that big of a deal just wait one day after the release to get your answer.

Relax
Nobody has the retail version? )...Au contraire...A lot of people have the retail version for a few days now...

Oh and i've talked with one who played just the retail version on ps3 and he said that the graphics are pretty good...there's no problem with them
Old 07-01-2011, 05:38 AM   #29
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39
Need a little help with this graphics stuff. What should I set my PS3 to and what should I set my tv to in reference to HD quality. And to be honest I have tried before to find the HD setting on my Vizio TV and can't seem to find it.

Just looking for best graphics for NCAA.

Cause from the pictures being posted in the retail version thread looks nothing like the demo I am playing. Pictures look so clear compared to my screen.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies

Last edited by Aggies7; 07-01-2011 at 05:40 AM.
Old 07-01-2011, 06:23 AM   #30
Rookie

pistonica's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
Need a little help with this graphics stuff. What should I set my PS3 to and what should I set my tv to in reference to HD quality. And to be honest I have tried before to find the HD setting on my Vizio TV and can't seem to find it.

Just looking for best graphics for NCAA.

Cause from the pictures being posted in the retail version thread looks nothing like the demo I am playing. Pictures look so clear compared to my screen.
I don't think that you can make sometin' for the demo to look great..cause it's imposible...but...for the retail version you can....and i also want to know what are the best settings for the best NCAA quality
Old 07-01-2011, 10:03 AM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 0

What is the big difference between the versions you guys are talking about? I just played both games going back and forth between the two and can't notice any real advantage to the 360 like you guys are saying. It seems easier to score on the xbox if anything.

Maybe my eyes suck, but I'm not seeing what you guys are seeing. I enjoy the xbox more than my ps3, but my OD friends are all on the ps3. This will be the 3rd year we have played.

I just don't see what you guys are talking about. I know in NHL 10 the glass would move from a big check on the 360 but not on ps3, but that was corrected in NHL 11.

If I'm a fanboy of anything it's of 360 achievements because ps3 trophies just don't do it for me.

Maybe I'm missing something, what areas of the demo do I need to focus on to see the big difference? Sometimes we over look things that need to be pointed out to us.

There is no question a lot of games look better on 360 vs ps3, I'm just not seeing it on this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2011, 10:45 AM   #32
Rookie

pistonica's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imprisoned
What is the big difference between the versions you guys are talking about? I just played both games going back and forth between the two and can't notice any real advantage to the 360 like you guys are saying. It seems easier to score on the xbox if anything.

Maybe my eyes suck, but I'm not seeing what you guys are seeing. I enjoy the xbox more than my ps3, but my OD friends are all on the ps3. This will be the 3rd year we have played.

I just don't see what you guys are talking about. I know in NHL 10 the glass would move from a big check on the 360 but not on ps3, but that was corrected in NHL 11.

If I'm a fanboy of anything it's of 360 achievements because ps3 trophies just don't do it for me.

Maybe I'm missing something, what areas of the demo do I need to focus on to see the big difference? Sometimes we over look things that need to be pointed out to us.

There is no question a lot of games look better on 360 vs ps3, I'm just not seeing it on this game.
The big problems are the grass in "in game" mode...and the contour..the outlines of the players...glimpse...it kinda looks like a ps2 version of the game..not ps3...but this only can be saw in the "in game" mode..when you actually play, not in the cutscenes...
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »