Home

Recruiting Strategy

This is a discussion on Recruiting Strategy within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2011, 02:59 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Recruiting Strategy

alwasy remember to check your recruit advisor. YOu will sometimes get double the points when you get them more points than usual. Very helpful to pull them your way. Other times it will tell you which recruit you can sign right now. SO that way you don't waste minutes on someone that is ready to commit.
Old 07-02-2011, 03:01 PM   #18
Rookie

whenever you get an opportunity to compare a feature about your school vs another and htey are always lower in that patiular field, usually always go with that since it makes your school look better and their school not as good.
Old 07-02-2011, 03:12 PM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFatGirlz4Me37
Wow....I just offered a scholarship to some DT and he commited right away before my 1st game
Those are Instant Commits. A player can instant commit when you are #1 on his board and you offer him a scholarship. Lower-caliber players and players are more likely to instant commit than higher ones, so traditionally the only lower-caliber guys I recruit are guys who have me ranked #1. It's also possible for players to instant commit in later weeks (if you offer a scholarship then, or have already offered one), but most occur in Week 1.

That's why I try to put 16-18 guys on my board each preseason. The odds are that a player will instant commit to you, and a couple will go to other schools in Week 1, leaving you with a healthy 14-15 players on the board. I try to schedule visits around Week 7 or 8, or whenever I feel like I can get a soft commit.

Pay attention to how much your recruting is actually working. Usually I won't recruit someone from the start when I'm more than 300 points behind first place. If you recruit from a large deficit and notice the 1st place team is gaining interest at a freakish pace, you WILL NOT get the guy, even if you spend 60 minutes on him each week. Just drop him off the board. Spending 40 minutes on one player at a position is better than 20 minutes with 2 players at that position. Sometimes you are the team moving at that freakish pace, so you can afford to use less minutes on that guy and more elsewhere.

If you're using a high-prestige team, check the Top 150 again after the first 2-3 weeks. There are many players (usually WR, HB, and ATH) that no other teams have pursued at all. Those players are very easy to get.
Old 07-02-2011, 11:22 PM   #20
Rookie

It's time consuming and annoying, but the best way to use your board is to fill it up. This is because you gain points with a recruit just for having him on your board. However, you won't be calling each recruit every week. I only call the top 15 recruits on my board and move guys up from the lower 25 as I get commitments. Also make sure to clean your board every week. Meaning remove players you have no shot of getting and replace them with new recruits.

The best time to offer a scholarship is as soon as a recruit moves your school to #1. This will maximize your chance of an instant commit. If this is not possible then I have found the best way to do it is to offer a scholarship on the week the recruit visits. And you should schedule that visit to take place on the week when you fill up the recruiting bar. This is how you can sway recruits off of soft commits and get them to come to your school.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »