Home

No Huddle Offense = Annoying!

This is a discussion on No Huddle Offense = Annoying! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-04-2011, 10:53 AM   #57
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: No Huddle Offense = Annoying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudtiger
I would think part of the reason EA (giving them some credit here) has the cpu snap the ball so quickly is because your average human player does the same on offense. If the cpu is going to get a similar number of total plays to a human, it needs to snap quickly.

A slider to control this would make my day. Slow the cpu down some and add in some randomness. I could just see EA adding a slider but then having the cpu snap the ball at the exact same play clock time left every time. The ability to play 10+ minute quarters and take your time playing the game would be great. As it is, I always have to speed up my game some or I know I'll always dominate possession.

Also adding in some realism on having to have guys run off and on the field when making package changes would make my week.
imo, a human player that's worried about a TOP stat most likely would not be picking plays and snapping the ball on the same level of fast as the CPU.

But yes I agree on a slider option, MLB The Show has a similar option for this.

Last edited by Jukeman; 07-04-2011 at 10:56 AM.
Old 07-04-2011, 11:04 AM   #58
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16
The other thing that should probably be addressed is the fact that the playcall box blocks the defense when you run no-huddle. A lot of these teams count the players in the box before making their playcall, and as the user I kinda have to guess.
Old 07-04-2011, 01:52 PM   #59
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
The other thing that should probably be addressed is the fact that the playcall box blocks the defense when you run no-huddle. A lot of these teams count the players in the box before making their playcall, and as the user I kinda have to guess.
I really hope someone reads this thread. A thread I posted in the Madden forums about the CPU quick snap was noticed and will be fixed before the game is shipped!

Last edited by JayD; 07-04-2011 at 01:54 PM.
Old 07-04-2011, 03:46 PM   #60
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
I really hope someone reads this thread. A thread I posted in the Madden forums about the CPU quick snap was noticed and will be fixed before the game is shipped!
I know when dealing with NBA Live the EA reps used to actually post responces to gameplay flaws that were brought to their attention

I don't really see much of this in the NCAA forums....

It would be great if a EA guy simply said hey we'll take a look at the CPU's NO Huddle Offense and see if it's possible to iron out some issues

It's obvious the CPU runs this offense without any logic behind them even doing so.....5'11 175 WR's lining up at FB is absurd IMO

They can't read every thread and fix every issue but this thread and this issue IMO should be of high importance.....Even if it can't be fixed this year i'd like to see action taken towards NCAA 13

As it stands now i don't bother to play default option teams and i despise playing any teams that run this hurry up offense it gets to the point where i burn timeouts at times just to get them (CPU) to lineup again in a logical way

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 07-04-2011, 04:00 PM   #61
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeman
imo, a human player that's worried about a TOP stat most likely would not be picking plays and snapping the ball on the same level of fast as the CPU.
I think he was saying it's the other way around. The CPU is set to snap the ball early, because most people that play the game snap the ball quickly
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2011, 05:15 PM   #62
Rookie

Lavar's Arena

OVR: 3

I'm glad this thread has gained momentum as I've written about the no huddle/ hurry up many times.

Its also good to know everyone who has contributed that we are on the same page. But this aspect of the game will not get looked on again till next year by EA. So because of this I'm taking a year off.

Well done to everyone who contributed, fingers crossed for next year.
Old 07-04-2011, 05:46 PM   #63
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

1. Can we get this thread stickied? This is to big of an issue IMO. Every single CPU team in the retail version videos has ran a hurry up offense.

This is unacceptable IMHO.

When, not can, but when will this issue be patched?
Old 07-04-2011, 05:58 PM   #64
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29
I would be fine with the no huddle the way it is if they made the logic so the animation of the players looking to the sideline like the user can trigger would play out each play, and if th offense didn't change to a completely different package each time. Imo that's all it needs in its current setup. That sideline look animation takes a few seconds to play out.

sent from parts unknown

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »