Home

No Huddle Offense = Annoying!

This is a discussion on No Huddle Offense = Annoying! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2011, 09:41 PM   #1
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16
No Huddle Offense = Annoying!

The no huddle offense in this game needs a lot of work. How many teams do you watch on Saturday that are able to finish a play and then all scramble to the line already have the play called and hike the ball with in 5 seconds, this is one of my biggest gripes about this game. An easy way to solve this is have the team get up to the line a bit slower then have the QB call the play which should take more time to complete. This part of the game is very unrealistic and I hope this will be addressed....maybe a patch or tuner fix for this year????
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2011, 09:46 PM   #2
Banned

DaTwolves21's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: No Huddle Offense = Annoying!

Hmmm maybe an error that the development team made and can't fix quite yet.
Old 06-29-2011, 09:54 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 20

Yeah, this has been argued a million times around here: Tiberon seems to have confused "no-huddle offense" to mean "hurry-up offense" and are apparently oblivious to the difference, as evidenced by them not making any changes.
Old 06-29-2011, 09:54 PM   #4
Pro

sparkdawg777's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaTwolves21
Hmmm maybe an error that the development team made and can't fix quite yet.

I'm pretty sure it was like this last year. Who makes these no huddle animations? I'm just wondering because how can you watch it and say, "You know that looks good." that or, "Eh, well that's good enough."
Old 06-29-2011, 10:48 PM   #5
Rookie

MaSTA SoLIDUS's Arena

OVR: 1

sucks, but if you can force a play for negative yardage, it stops it. Shouldn't have to worry about it like this though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2011, 12:30 AM   #6
Rookie

nighttrain32's Arena

OVR: 5

If they can patch "No Huddle/Hurry Up" how about making hurry up the last 2 minutes of the 1st half and the whole 4th quarter. No Huddle should have the a tiered effect where selecting a new formation forces your players to get into the formation and selecting the play triggers you QB to move around saying the play to the players while adjust.

It just a thought....
Old 06-30-2011, 03:12 AM   #7
Rookie

Lavar's Arena

OVR: 3

This is one of my main gripes.

The cpu/ai has no clue about time of possession. Every team comes out of the huddle at the 30 second mark on the playclock, they normal snap the ball at the 25-22 seconds thus not using about 20 seconds.

I watched one of my dvd's the other day of Texas Tech vs Texas. Tech as we all know ran a no huddle aggressive pass system, yet even with the no huddle they still took their time to line up bark out signals and make adjustments. Not once did I see them snap the ball with more than 15 seconds on the play clock, alot of times it was under 10 before the snap. But in this game everything is a hurry up.

The no-huddle offense is usually employed as part of a hurry-up offense, but it is not necessarily an attempt to snap the ball quicker. Rather, the lack of huddle allows the offense to threaten to snap the ball quickly, denying the defending team time to substitute players and communicate effectively between coaches and players.

What the cpu/ai is running is a 2 minute offense not a no huddle offense there is a difference.

The demo is just like last years hurry up which is very very disappointing. Don't they even watch a game and see how its played out ?
Old 06-30-2011, 03:17 AM   #8
Sic 'em Bears!

BaylorBearBryant's Arena

OVR: 10

I know what you mean. It's kind of stupid when I can march down the field with 30-35 seconds left, no timeouts and score a TD. I can get 6 plays off. In real life, I wouldn't expect more than 3.

Baylor Bears - Texans - Astros - Rockets - Avalanche

Follow me on Twitch: twitch.tv/osovideo

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »