Home

NCAA 12 AI RB logic if you experience problems

This is a discussion on NCAA 12 AI RB logic if you experience problems within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-30-2011, 01:09 PM   #25
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyros
We spent the last two years of the Legends league playing on those difficulty settings...
Exactly. With slider tweaks the can be challenging. But Heisman on the demo is very impressive.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2011, 01:33 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: NCAA 12 AI RB logic if you experience problems

This is were my Negativity starts to come.

This is not new information.
We've been knowing how ratings effects actual Gameplay for the past two years.

Problem being, is that we've NEVER had a medium so that this useful information can be utilized to improve the game.

We did this the past two years were after their big E3 Media Splash, they dissappeared behind closed doors not to be heard from.

Then the community begs and begs and begs only to have some type of Tuner dropped that leaves you wondering "what community did they listen to?" because none of this great information was included.

All of this after we were given the biggest "Lame" excuse ever given why the community couldn't have the ability to edit Recruit Ratings to help clean this mess up.

Nothing worse than having the fix/answer to these issues sitting right here, and "Online Cheeser's" is the reason given why "They Do Not" want to provide a tool that will fix most of these Gameplay issues we're noting for the 2nd year in a row.

Online Cheater's is why we can't have an Editor to fix these issues.

"WOW"!!!

Cheaters have somehow been given more "Focus" in Developement of the game than Gamers that are trying to make the product better.

Who would've ever thought something like this would occur?

Thanks Play, Skillz and other's who spend countless hours tweaking and testing to find these fiixes/improvements.

I just wish there was some way your information could get some type of Focus also!!!

Last edited by khaliib; 06-30-2011 at 01:38 PM.
Old 06-30-2011, 01:49 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 3

Not sure if already posted but hopefully someone important (not me) can make sure that EA goes through and boost these ratings for future recruits not worried to much about the default roster because we can change that but we can't change recruits (unless they allow full player editing in dynasty. If we could let EA know how important this stuff is collectively then maybe just maybe they might do something about it.
Old 06-30-2011, 02:07 PM   #28
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
All of you guys complaining about RB logic need to quit playing the demo on Varsity and AA and try it on Heisman.

Honestly, the CPU RB AI is absolutely oustanding on Heisman level in the demo. Best in the history of the series.

I honestly don't see half of the issues some folks are complaining about on Heisman. It is going to be an outstanding level to play on this year IMO.
The purpose of this thread isn't to PROMOTE one level over the other

The purpose of this thread was to allow those who aren't comfortable with the CPU AI regardless of what level they play on to fix any issue with RB Logic if it happens to exist this year.

If i had not used the word Varsity in this thread i'm willing to bet 9/10 people would have thought those RB's were operating on the highest level of play or with some kind of slider boost to make them behave that way but in reality it is a simple ratings tweaks that makes RB's behave that way even without sliders being touched.

Now ask yourself if you open up the game right out of the BOX wouldn't you want to see the CPU AI behave in that manner regadless of the LEVEL or SLIDER SETTING?

If the CPU RB Logic is fine on Heisman level then for the masses who play on that level obviously wouldn't feel the need to change anything.....

But there are 1-2 people (sarcasm) in this community who don't prefer to play on Heisman level and this thread was intended to help those people to understand and also see how a simple ratings tweak can make the CPU RB's avoid running back into the middle of the field when he has daylight in front of him.

So please for those who play on Heisman level respect the few people who prefer to play on a lower level because not all us are going to want to play the game at the highest level......that is the reason why i prefer to stay away from the slider forums this year and just take care of myself gameplay wise.

Now i'm not talking about you AuburnAlumni because i've never seen you berate a guy over their gameplay preferance....but there are guys who will totally berate a person on these forums for playing on any level below Heisman and it gets annoying.

This thread was simply about RB Logic and how some ratings effect the way they behave not a level competition

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

Last edited by Playmakers; 06-30-2011 at 02:13 PM.
Old 06-30-2011, 02:21 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
Yet another reason why we need to be able to edit rosters in dynasty.
YES as many people have stated before that would be one of the best additions to this game handsdown

These edits might not be needed during the early stages of Dynasty mode but for those who play a deeper a dynasty mode even on Heisman level at some point your going to get RB's coming into the game who are going to have lower ratings and then regardless of level your going to want to be able to get them to run accordingly

Heisman level is not going to FIX a RB with poor vision ratings....and eventually your going to start seeing those RB's the deeper you get into Dynasty mode.

A slider will only increase the effectiveness of a RB's ability to break tackles, juke or spin.....

It doesn't effect his vision in any way especially in the open field....but hey maybe things have changed in NCAA 12 and the recruits won't need these ratings touched

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 06-30-2011, 02:36 PM   #30
td7
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
The QB's were fixed this year from what i could see.....i think the lack of running is only limited to Heisman level as they tend to take off more on the lower levels.

as far as them throwing on the run or just showing more movement in general in the pocket that is all tied into elusiveness for them it makes them sense pressure and with pressure comes more movement by the AI QB's

OL are already rated pretty high....So awareness, Pursuit and IMPACT Blocking will make them behave more realistic

Awareness as i debated last year allows them to recognize blitzers better and from judging the DEMO they aren't really good at picking it up so those 3 ratings will remedy the problem along with fixing up the RB's to pass protect better...believe it or not you can make RB's cut block more simply by modifying their Pass Block footwork, IMPACT Blocking and Awareness ratings
Playmakers, what exactly does the pursuit rating do for the OL?
You play fast! You play strong! You go out there and dominate the man you're playing against, and you make his *ss quit! That's our trademark! That's our M.O. as a team! That's what people know us as! - Nick Saban
Old 06-30-2011, 02:39 PM   #31
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by td7
Playmakers, what exactly does the pursuit rating do for the OL?
It makes them make blocks much further down the field all the way to the end zone.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2011, 02:42 PM   #32
td7
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
It makes them make blocks much further down the field all the way to the end zone.
Thanks, I never really thought about what it could do for OL, I just thought it affected the defensive players.
You play fast! You play strong! You go out there and dominate the man you're playing against, and you make his *ss quit! That's our trademark! That's our M.O. as a team! That's what people know us as! - Nick Saban

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »