Home

NCAA 12 AI RB logic if you experience problems

This is a discussion on NCAA 12 AI RB logic if you experience problems within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2011, 10:58 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: NCAA 12 AI RB logic if you experience problems

GMS or PM does/should elusiveness have an affect on ballcarriers staying "away" from defenders? Looking to make alll skill positions stay "away" from defenders just wondering if you guys had a quick answer (I am testing several recommendations currently. Hopefully I can still diffrenciate elite ballcarriers from good ballcarriers from average ballcarriers but have them all stay "away" from defenders most of the time. Thanks if you have an answer.

So far I have been put been putting skill position players AWR atleast 75-QB 85-RB and setting BCV-(same as awareness) for the most part PUR-75 atleast for all ballcarriers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2011, 11:37 AM   #42
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

I must say this year I am really impressed by the cpu running game, particularly on Heisman. I don't know what they did to it in the retail version after the patch, but the running AI is very good on it.

So for me this year I haven't had to change a lot of sliders at all. Only changes I made this year was the following:

Lowered tackle slider down to 10 -personal preference, I am too good at tackling

Lowered run defense to 20 - keeps linebackers from reacting to running plays too quickly and blowing them up in the backfield

Slow speed, 0 threshold

Game plays well.....All games I played, 17 of them so far have been defensive battles, no blow outs. CPU QBs missing half of their throws, seeing over throws.

On 9 minute quarters...scores depends on the teams.....I seen it come down to a battle of FGs and I seen some scores in the low 40s.

So for once this year so far at least I am not seeing mass roster edits needing to be done. Run blocking is very good down the field by WRs is very good. I am also seeing RBs picking up blitzes.
Old 07-14-2011, 11:47 AM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 3

Alright thanks GMS I will have to give those settings a try have you tried these against lower rated teams as well the lowering I guess was just for USER?
Old 07-14-2011, 11:57 AM   #44
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

I'm amazed at the computer running with the QB. I seem to be getting too many sacks at times but that is because they hold on to the ball too long and the line is just closing in, but if there is open space, the QB will bolt and I've seen some QB's make moves down the field, others slide. I am amazed at how intelligent they play compare to past years where you'd never see this at all.

I know, I know, this is the RB logic thread, but I mentioned the QB's as running logic in general.

Last edited by dochalladay32; 07-14-2011 at 11:59 AM.
Old 07-14-2011, 12:13 PM   #45
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thescorpio1985
Alright thanks GMS I will have to give those settings a try have you tried these against lower rated teams as well the lowering I guess was just for USER?
Yes the lowering was just for the user. Tried it against power house, middle of the road and bottom of the barrel.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2011, 12:24 PM   #46
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dochalladay32
I'm amazed at the computer running with the QB. I seem to be getting too many sacks at times but that is because they hold on to the ball too long and the line is just closing in, but if there is open space, the QB will bolt and I've seen some QB's make moves down the field, others slide. I am amazed at how intelligent they play compare to past years where you'd never see this at all.

I know, I know, this is the RB logic thread, but I mentioned the QB's as running logic in general.
Yes it is a thing of beauty isn't it ? Last night Pryor had 16 scrambles for 167 yards. I had to actually spy him for 3 quarters to keep him in check.

Seems to me this year, the higher the Ball Carrier Vision, the more the QB takes off. In the game Pryor has the highest BCV. Pocket QBs do scramble, sometimes as well. WVA QB is a pocket QB and he scrambled for a 21 yard TD on me. But that was only 1 of 3 scrambles he had the whole game, his BCV is in the 50s.

But I dare to say any QB with BCV of 75 or above will scramble around 8 to 10 times a game. 90 or higher and they will scramble A LOT, like any chance they get.

Plus another thing I noticed, the more you intercept or sack a QB, the quicker and more he will look to scramble. So maybe some of Madden 12's DPP code is in this game under the hood.

Because I also noticed when players get hot, they turn into some beasts in this game as well.
Old 07-15-2011, 06:20 AM   #47
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Yes it is a thing of beauty isn't it ? Last night Pryor had 16 scrambles for 167 yards. I had to actually spy him for 3 quarters to keep him in check.

Seems to me this year, the higher the Ball Carrier Vision, the more the QB takes off. In the game Pryor has the highest BCV. Pocket QBs do scramble, sometimes as well. WVA QB is a pocket QB and he scrambled for a 21 yard TD on me. But that was only 1 of 3 scrambles he had the whole game, his BCV is in the 50s.

But I dare to say any QB with BCV of 75 or above will scramble around 8 to 10 times a game. 90 or higher and they will scramble A LOT, like any chance they get.

Plus another thing I noticed, the more you intercept or sack a QB, the quicker and more he will look to scramble. So maybe some of Madden 12's DPP code is in this game under the hood.

Because I also noticed when players get hot, they turn into some beasts in this game as well.
i've been complaining about the RB's and QB's vision ratings for the last few years and finally EA fixed the issue.....

It's just one of those hidden ratings that many casual guys will really bother to look at or worry about but it plays a major role in how QB's and RB's see the field

So i applaud them (EA) whether it was done on purpose or not this year for finally having the time to actually do it

Now the thing that bothers me is the AI Pass Defense code....it seems like they tried to fix zone coverage this year which is great for underneath stuff but in return they appear to have broken the AI coverage logic on deep balls.

I think somewhere within the INT slider and WR Catch sliders there is a code forcing the DB's to use that dumb basket catch animation while the WR's actually go get ball and in return the deep ball has been money IMO

Been doing some test CPU vs CPU games and the problem doesn't show up on the field in those games but the minute i actual play the game it seems like the DB's are all brain dead or something in terms of playing the ball in the air

This is the CPU problem as my DB's even with coverage at 25 react pretty good on their own

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 07-15-2011, 07:14 AM   #48
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Yea, I got bitten on deep falls for the first time last night. Playing as Georgia Tech vs. Memphis, I think they had 2 deep touchdowns on me alone because my guys got beat and they were gone. Also saw yet another pick 6 in that game. So far, every INT has been returned for a touchdown. Some of them I understand as they were short passes, guy was in the clear. Others, eh, probably shouldn't have gotten away from the tackles that they did, but that's another story.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »