Home

Uniform Updates 4.0

This is a discussion on Uniform Updates 4.0 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-30-2011, 10:12 PM   #25
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Uniform Updates 4.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaba134
I hope not. Red helmets w/ black facemasks are fugly and the black matte thing has been done. Cincy has one of the coolest helmets... black, w/ the white C and claws and the red mark under that. Don't #### up something that's already great.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2011, 10:17 PM   #26
Rookie

jaba134's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
I hope not. Red helmets w/ black facemasks are fugly and the black matte thing has been done. Cincy has one of the coolest helmets... black, w/ the white C and claws and the red mark under that. Don't #### up something that's already great.
The Red helmets were going to be used with the red jersey/red pants combo only..I like the red helmets, but I'm not a huge fan of the black on black.
Old 06-30-2011, 10:28 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 0

I am not sure about adding things to the list that are not confirmed.....
Old 06-30-2011, 10:32 PM   #28
Banned

UMCanes93's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soarindude02
BORN4CORN didn't. So you shouldn't.
Old 06-30-2011, 10:34 PM   #29
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman87GT
I think that's a matter of the translation to the video game world not being as smooth, then again it could be because they were put in somewhat last minute (WSU and ASU's don't look up to par to the other unis based on in-game screens I've seen).

I imagine the Northwestern black jerseys were taken out for a reason (their disappearance should definitely be documented I just think its not by accident they were removed - they were in the game last year if memory serves me correctly).

I like Hawaii's new jerseys, their pants on the other hand are garbage. Stripes should not run down the backside, the majority of the stripe should be running down the side, it certainly can make its way onto the front or back of the leg, but never should it only be on the backside. Good news is the old pants don't clash with the new jerseys in terms of design and can be used instead of the new pants.
I'd imagine WSU and ASU's unis were done almost entirely off of mock ups and templates. They were probably already done and installed when ASU and WSU unveiled them. It's hard to do a uniform when you don't really have a chance to see them in action.

Northwestern did not have their black jerseys or purple pants in the game this year, and both are still missing.

I don't think the pants look bad at all. What's so bad about stripes on the bad? I think they look pretty good.
Old 06-30-2011, 10:37 PM   #30
Rookie

IronVictory's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyJote
The black jerseys Northwestern wore for the game at Wrigley didn't make it in.
That's a real shame. I love the Northwestern black jerseys. They wore them for every home game in the Barnett era, which is the same era Pat Fitzgerald played in. So why wouldn't Fitzgerald make black jerseys their regular home uniforms?

I always think about playing as Northwestern in Dynasty mode, but then I: preview the uniform, see the purple, and go choose someone else.

Bring back the black!
Old 06-30-2011, 10:37 PM   #31
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soarindude02
I'd stick mostly tp mistakes we know, uniforms that were worn last year and didn't make it in, or will be worn this year and need to be in next year. No "well my favorite team wore these 6 years ago, and they were kewl, so they should be in the game!", or "I want these 1987 throwbacks in, even though they haven't, and likely won't be put in".

If you want to put stuff like the Cinci helmets in, that might not be a bad idea, just put (rumored) next to it, or put in italics or something. Becuase a lot of these rumors end up being true.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2011, 10:40 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 3

They gave the Boise St. pro combat the correct grey facemask but the normal helmet they made white...it is these kind of mistakes that drive people crazy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »