Home

Kudos to EA for making concious effort to space out roster ratings.

This is a discussion on Kudos to EA for making concious effort to space out roster ratings. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-30-2011, 05:48 PM   #9
Banned

DaTwolves21's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Kudos to EA for making concious effort to space out roster ratings.

I wouldn't go that far, they probably just randomize them and go with it, I really doubt they have a roster guy, they just need to pay these college dudes so we can get a real representation of the players, enough is enough, no more tip toeing around the obvious, they are who we thought they were lol sorry back to my rant, Mr.Keller, you were horrible at arizona state and even worse at Nebraska, get over urself, u don't deserve anything. The o'bannon twins, u guys didn't cut it in the league, let us enjoy our college games. Sorry every1
Old 06-30-2011, 06:13 PM   #10
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaTwolves21
I wouldn't go that far, they probably just randomize them and go with it, I really doubt they have a roster guy, they just need to pay these college dudes so we can get a real representation of the players, enough is enough, no more tip toeing around the obvious, they are who we thought they were lol sorry back to my rant, Mr.Keller, you were horrible at arizona state and even worse at Nebraska, get over urself, u don't deserve anything. The o'bannon twins, u guys didn't cut it in the league, let us enjoy our college games. Sorry every1

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanywayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yy...the homogenizing of ratings has been a problem in this game for a while. Hopefully having lower ratings where needed (even when it draws the ire of homers) further differentiates the players so that their individual abilities stick out more.
Old 06-30-2011, 06:21 PM   #11
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21
If the recruit ratings are the same as last year then these stretched ratings should be perfect.

Plus, didn't they add more in season progression? If that's the case the ratings needed to be lowered or everyone would be 90+ by mid season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2011, 06:28 PM   #12
Pro

fcboiler87's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
If the recruit ratings are the same as last year then these stretched ratings should be perfect.

Plus, didn't they add more in season progression? If that's the case the ratings needed to be lowered or everyone would be 90+ by mid season.
Yeah I think you're exactly right. I hated how recruits last year were terrible and none would make an impact for you unless they were a 5 star. I hope with the lowered and spread out ratings that if you're a small school and you land a decent 3 star that he can make an impact for you.

All in all, I have mixed feelings on this. I LOVED NCAA 10's ratings. I felt like things were very balanced. At least recruits came in at comparable ratings to existing players. It seems as though I'm in the minority around here on that, but I think it made things very competitive throughout the course of a dynasty. Hopefully, the lowered rosters with lower recruits will make for some exciting and competitive dynasty play in 12. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 06-30-2011, 06:38 PM   #13
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwinslow
They really took a big step forward with these ratings. There are some curveballs (Ohio St's walkon OL, Donnie Evege at 87 ovr, Jordan Kovacs at 89 ovr, lol), but by and large this is pretty encouraging.

Now we need to see if the first year recruits dwarf the lowly rated underclassmen.
Evege is a CB.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Old 06-30-2011, 06:50 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkrptnt819
Evege is a CB.
I know. He wasn't close to overtaking Howard 80 ovr, Clarke 77 or Allen (not in the game) before his injury, and I didn't like his chances of battling Brown or Roby either.

In real life, he was - at best - their 4th corner (after losing both starters), and that's not counting Christian Bryant (the backup star/nickelback)... yet he's almost a 90 ovr.

They definitely have a roster guy or two. Whether their occasional mistakes are intentional to avoid lawsuits or just oversight is a matter of debate. But most of the players are dead ringers for the real life players.
Old 06-30-2011, 07:25 PM   #15
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

I agree with AA i'm pleased with it also after I soaked in that the top 100 recruit UGA just signed in real life was a 72 ovr. I'n still not getting excited until I see what the person below me said. Good news is this can be fixed with turner sets hopefully someone will test this out that has the game early.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfRed75
This is great if

1) as stated, new recruits on average are rated similarly
2) progression is done so some of these top recruits are 94-95 by their junior or senior year

lastly, I noticed a couple juco's on Nebraska's roster at least are rated too low. Hopefully this does not mean they reverted to the mistake they made in earlier versions of the game with jucos rated FAR too low. Jucos are immediate impact guys EA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2011, 08:00 PM   #16
Rookie

cap032's Arena

OVR: 6

I think its great as long as the first group of recruits dont come in rated as highly as they did last year. If that happens, everybody will have about 10 FR starting in year 2 of their dynasty. lol. Bama signed the #1 OL, Cyrus Koundjio, and he is rated a 79 OVR which is great if the top OL recruits have the same rating each year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »