Home

Fact or Fiction: NCAA Football 12 Outlook

This is a discussion on Fact or Fiction: NCAA Football 12 Outlook within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-01-2011, 12:43 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: Fact or Fiction: NCAA Football 12 Outlook

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkdawg777
Name another company that currently makes a football game?
Natural Motion and Midway games recently.
Old 07-01-2011, 12:43 PM   #18
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

Gameplay is improved, no doubt. But as long as the player movement, foot planting, and OL/DL interactions remain this bad, this game is never going to draw me in.

Those things are so basic to how the game is played that as long as they are this unrealistic, the game is never going to look, feel, or play like a "sim" football game should. Unfortunately, judging from the lack of progress in these areas for years, it doesn't look like they are planning any more changes in these areas on this generation. I may have to wait until next-gen to get the game I've been looking for.

The game gets better every year, but they put themselves in such a hole to begin with that I doubt they'll ever climb out of it on the current generation of consoles.
Old 07-01-2011, 12:44 PM   #19
Rookie

TFunaro's Arena

OVR: 1
I totally agree with Jayson.
Old 07-01-2011, 12:45 PM   #20
Pro

sparkdawg777's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElite3
Natural Motion and Midway games recently.

Let me rephrase that, college football games with licenses.

As long as someone has the licenses then the other football games will not stand a chance.
Old 07-01-2011, 12:47 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 0

Haven't bought an EA sports football game in years, but I have played them all by borrowing from friends and every year I always think the same thing "*sigh* damn license...I wonder what NFL2K__ would have been like?..."(dream sequence). Then NCAA Football 11 drops with glowing reviews but never been able to get my hands on 1 b/c my friends don't do "college" but it definitely peaked my interest enough to download this years demo and well I'll put it this way, if Madden 12 doesn't play as equally or better than this demo, then NCAA 12 will be the 1st college AND football game I've bought ina long time.

This game actually looks and most importantly PLAYS the way it should. Did suction really have to take this long to fix? I mean seriously, the elimination of this one glitch has done WONDERS for this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2011, 12:50 PM   #22
Pro

sparkdawg777's Arena

I'm an NCAA guy, I've bought it every year since 99, all I'm saying is without licenses the new football games can't compete. Look at MLB and what 2k has done, if it were not for Sony then The Show would not be around and baseball video games would suck. Of course you'd still have the fanboys who say "well, name a better game" 2k5 was 6 years ago. Look at what it had, compared to now the features have taken a step back from that. NCAA is still a good football game but we have know idea if there was real competition that it would be the best.
Old 07-01-2011, 12:51 PM   #23
Rookie

209vaughn's Arena

NCAA 12 would be a great game if it was the only game on the market. I've said this over and over again, but i think gamers are looking at Madden 12, they're looking at 2k11 and are starting to expect more depth from there franchise modes.
Old 07-01-2011, 12:54 PM   #24
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11

So basically the game is great and if we were expecting more it's our own fault.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »