Home

How Big of a Blow is No Dynamic Conference Prestige?

This is a discussion on How Big of a Blow is No Dynamic Conference Prestige? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-01-2011, 08:12 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: How Big of a Blow is No Dynamic Conference Prestige?

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan
I don't think it's sloppy or lazy at all. my guess would be that the conferences don't allow it and I know everyone goes nuts when they hear that, but it's probably the same reason we can't change the names or logos it's part of their identity
If they allow us to remove all the SEC teams from the conference I don't think it's that big of deal to change its prestige.
Old 07-01-2011, 08:18 PM   #34
MVP

OVR: 29

but then why wouldn't it also be a big deal to change the name and logo of the conference if were putting all new teams in what's the big deal? I agree it shouldn't be, but it clearly is to someone
Old 07-01-2011, 08:31 PM   #35
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
but then why wouldn't it also be a big deal to change the name and logo of the conference if were putting all new teams in what's the big deal? I agree it shouldn't be, but it clearly is to someone
Conference names are a brand and everyone wants more brand recognition. I call almost guarantee that's why.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2011, 08:33 PM   #36
Pro

patsfan1993's Arena

OVR: 8

This is a huge blow to anyone doing custom conferences. I knew it wouldn't be dynamic when they ignored all the postings asking them. I love NCAA, and I wish I was surprised but at this point this is becoming pretty standard. Put in a new feature and not actually complete it.
Old 07-01-2011, 08:37 PM   #37
MVP

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkrptnt819
Conference names are a brand and everyone wants more brand recognition. I call almost guarantee that's why.
I agree and part of what makes the brand is the prestige behind it. point is there has to be a good reason this didn't make it in beyond just ea is lazy or whatever. Other recruit pitches are dynamic so does anyone actually think that when it came time for conf prestige they just said "screw it, it's 5 pm i'm going home"?
Old 07-01-2011, 08:40 PM   #38
Rookie

He1nousOne1's Arena

Seriously folks, do you think that EA gets a licensing deal with NCAA and then gets approval to go do whatever they like? Nah, doesn't work like that. You cave on some demands of the licenser so that you can maintain your licensee status. Brand recognition of Conferences is indeed a big deal for the NCAA. Now you are allowed to change up the conference memberships anyway you like but they obviously, as some here have alluded to, aim to maintain the prestige of each conference thus what it becomes is a soft cap as to how most folks will go changing the conferences.

Quote:
I agree and part of what makes the brand is the prestige behind it. point is there has to be a good reason this didn't make it in beyond just ea is lazy or whatever. Other recruit pitches are dynamic so does anyone actually think that when it came time for conf prestige they just said "screw it, it's 5 pm i'm going home"?
I guess because developers don't come right out and tell us that they fought for something but were overruled by Management or the NCAA itself then folks make the assumption that the developers did not want such in their game. I would say it is definitely more likely the devs wanted to have dynamic conference prestige but that they were stonewalled on it. I would also say it is the same on some of the other issues people are griping about and blaming dev's as if the dev's didn't recognize these faults while they were making the game.

Last edited by He1nousOne1; 07-01-2011 at 08:43 PM.
Old 07-01-2011, 08:43 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
I don't think it's sloppy or lazy at all. my guess would be that the conferences don't allow it and I know everyone goes nuts when they hear that
That doesnt make any sense at all. EA is the one that decides what prestige the conferences are in the first place. Heck if the conferences wouldnt allow that they sure as heck wouldnt allow you to move teams to different conferences.
Old 07-01-2011, 08:50 PM   #40
Rookie

He1nousOne1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis580
That doesnt make any sense at all. EA is the one that decides what prestige the conferences are in the first place. Heck if the conferences wouldnt allow that they sure as heck wouldnt allow you to move teams to different conferences.
Really? You honestly think that when EA came up with the rating grades for the conferences that they didn't show it to their contacts in the NCAA first before final approval is made on the ratings?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »