Home

Posting Rules Until Further Notice (READ BEFORE POSTING)

This is a discussion on Posting Rules Until Further Notice (READ BEFORE POSTING) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 09:30 PM   #209
Banned

jd369's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Posting Rules Until Further Notice (READ BEFORE POSTING)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDakHusker
Ok, but OS is still a private forum. I suggest you take your own advice and let it go. You don't know what you are talking about.
Im sure you do though right? you just took what I said and gave it the "thats right, but you are still wrong" answer. LOL!!!! someone even posted an article showing what public vs private was. this forum clearly fell under public and people are still arguing that its not.
Old 07-11-2011, 09:41 PM   #210
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39
It's a public forum that is privately owned. Is it really that difficult to understand?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 07-11-2011, 09:51 PM   #211
Banned

jd369's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
It's a public forum that is privately owned. Is it really that difficult to understand?

I just dont know why so many people get so up in arms about it. its like they have to have belong to something "private" for their life to be complete. 'like, OMG, OS is a private forum and Im a member!" its just a message board people.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2011, 09:54 PM   #212
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd369
I just dont know why so many people get so up in arms about it. its like they have to have belong to something "private" for their life to be complete. 'like, OMG, OS is a private forum and Im a member!" its just a message board people.
That's not it at all. It has to do with the whole free speech thing and that some people think it applies here. That's where the private/public debate originated, when someone complained about the rules violating their free speech(which it's not).
Old 07-11-2011, 09:57 PM   #213
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39
Quote:
I don't see anyone acting like that. But do you know what's really funny? When people think they have 1st Amendment Rights on a Privately owned message board then, get offended when they're told that they don't.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 07-11-2011, 10:45 PM   #214
MVP

shnuskis's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
We dont have to argue about it, it just cracks me up how people throw around the public vs private thing when nearly no one knows anything about it. maybe I should have worded it better. this a public domain. no one "owns" this place. its not a business, not anyone's career its a website message board that someone opened up. regardless of what others want to think to make it sound more important this place IS public. it does have rules that you have to follow which may stifle, but not deny your first amendment rights. yes some of them are overbearing and they are enforced arbitrarily, but its not so bad that its a huge problem, its just comical.
I accidently ran across a web site that showed the daily and yearly income of websites. There is a public message board(free with rules) that I don't want to name that makes over $12,000,000 a year. I think you underestimate the money in millions of clicks of a mouse a day. For a lot less than 12 mil. a year I would make it a career.

This place is like going to a bar or a restaurant. It is a public place(public forum) but a private company where the owner can set rules and deny service. If you disrupt things you will be asked to leave.
Old 07-12-2011, 12:11 AM   #215

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

I'm going to close this.

Without getting into the semantics of public vs. private, the rules have been made very clear.

The administration here has to make rules that they feel are best suited for this website and what we as gamers and posters want. They may not be for everyone, but for a vast majority of people here, it's why we keep coming back.

It's not meant to stir a debate, it's strictly meant to make sure you understand the expectations of your posting habits here.

I'm sorry if anyone feels they are overbearing but strict rules are not going away. As a poster, it's your choice where to post, this is a great site and if you like it, I have no doubt everyone one of you can abide by the very simple rules.

It's midnight on the East, the game is officially out, enjoy the game and let's get to the impressions!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »