Home

Why does Heisman DB's blow so many coverages

This is a discussion on Why does Heisman DB's blow so many coverages within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2011, 02:19 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Why does Heisman DB's blow so many coverages

Just had a 4th and 17th with about 15 seconds before half, and the CB was up tight in press coverage on my WR, and my WR beats him by 6 or 7 yards for a easy 45 or 50 yard TD.

It seems all you have to do is just keep dinking, and dunking the ball to the backs, and TE's, and then at some point you will get a totally blow coverage where the WR is behind the defense by 5+ yards(sometimes even 10 or 15 yards), and runs it end for the TD.

It is amazing how many times the Heisman AI has just totally blown the coverage on me. Weather they just let one of my WR's run TOTALLY free which is is completely inexcusable or weather they get beat trying to play tight man coverage.

In fact there have actually been times where they let my guy TOTALLY run free, and he is open by a full 15 yards.

Hopefully Heisman AI will be fixed in the retail game. I can accept beating a guy by maybe 6, or 7 yards, but there is no way the Heisman AI should be letting guys run TOTALLY free, and getting beat by 15 yards.

I am however really enjoying the passing game on Heisman. Despite some terrible busted coverages by the AI Its by far the most realistic passing game I have ever played. Especially how you can set up the deep passes by dinking, and dunking the ball to your backs, and TE's first. I am simmed everything except the passing. I am preparing for Road to Glory which I will play on Heisman with a Pocket Passing QB.

This is my first NCAA game in several years, and one of the main reasons I was initally going to get it was for Coach Mode(I am a person who has never really like controlling players) so I am pretty surprised how much I am enjoying playing the QB position on Heisman.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2011, 02:22 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 31
Re: Why does Heisman DB's blow so many coverages

This is why they make sliders.
Old 07-02-2011, 01:05 PM   #3
Rookie

KillerNuts's Arena

OVR: 0

I've played the demo quite a bit and it almost seems like the AA and Heisman settings got flipped. On AA, the DBs are just running EVERYTHING in front of the receivers, but on Heisman that hasn't happened to me nearly as much.
www.traditionsportsonline.com
Old 07-02-2011, 01:12 PM   #4
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

i used to play on heisman all the time. Every year a new game came out it was straight to heisman because it was the only way for me to get a competitive game even with sliders. But after playing this demo AA seems to be the best place for a good game. On Heisman the computer is juiced up big time. I can only watch so many times as Richardson run through holes that can fit a Mack truck, hurdle over a pile, spin past a guy and run to the endzone like the defense was non existant. On AA i'm getting tough games from the computer but much more realistic in terms of how the AI plays.
Old 07-02-2011, 01:39 PM   #5
Rookie

Yeah, hopefully this is something that sliders will fix. Because I'm going like 18 for 20 passing in these games, mostly shorter routes though which is realistic. Going down field seems a little harder than it was last year. The passing game does feel really good though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2011, 11:12 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 9

i can never get good games like everybody mention. i always have to kind of dumb it down to make it a good game.
Old 07-03-2011, 11:17 PM   #7
Rookie

nag5115's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Block-O
This is why they make sliders.
Sliders....EA's fall back for making unrealistic gameplay. We shouldn't have to rely on sliders to stop Heisman from making terrible defensive plays.
Old 07-03-2011, 11:21 PM   #8
Rookie

Dash Woodson's Arena

yea right! heisman doesnt make the cpu better, it makes your team worse! i have absolutley no problem with the cpu on heisman but i cant understand why my 99 man coverage corner continues to run down the field like he is covering a streak while his wr has already cut on a 5yd route. this happens every game lol i wish the cpu could become better play callers instead of cheating my good corners... either way im fine with it though, it is what it is and i love the game as a whole

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »