Home

Chess not checkers/Cleats not iceskates. The problem with weight/mass.

This is a discussion on Chess not checkers/Cleats not iceskates. The problem with weight/mass. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-03-2011, 11:21 PM   #33
Rookie

Analyzer52's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Chess not checkers/Cleats not iceskates. The problem with weight/mass.

Lot of good points made in here. I hate the animation when running out in the open field it does look very natural having them leaned over at full speed. Momentum has to start playing a part in this game, that's one of the biggest parts of football.
Old 07-04-2011, 05:54 AM   #34
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer52
Lot of good points made in here. I hate the animation when running out in the open field it does look very natural having them leaned over at full speed. Momentum has to start playing a part in this game, that's one of the biggest parts of football.
I'm figuring you meant it DOESN'T look very natural lol.
Old 07-04-2011, 06:42 AM   #35
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27

Running up field and zig-zagging back and forth almost feels like a driving game where the steering is way too sensitive...

I wonder if they might be able to at least make some adjustments in a patch for the retail version to make it less sensitive.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2011, 08:24 AM   #36
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

If a player in real life tried making some of these video game cuts they'd ruin their ankles and snap their legs.
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Old 07-04-2011, 09:06 AM   #37
Banned

OVR: 2

I'm in agreement here as well. Even in the open field the BC looks like he's running through the line. It makes no sense and visually it looks ridiculous. I keep waiting for my player to straighten up a bit and to watch his stride lengthen as he dashes for the endzone, but it never happens and I always feel cheated by it.

Why is it like this? Why doesn't it get fixed? Who really knows? The developers probably know. But I get frustrated with the developers. As much as it seems like they are sharing insights about the game with us I also feel that they are covering things up. That there are things EA just will not allow them to discuss. Thus they are not being completely open and honest. And because of this I tend to not really listen to what they say anymore. It's clear that at this point in the next-gen game cycle that there are serious problems with how these games are made and it's not going to change. So you just play it as is or you just skip it.

I don't skip NHL or FIFA, those games are always making huge improvements. With NCAA and Madden I have no trouble skipping them.
Old 07-04-2011, 09:35 AM   #38
MVP

Correct. You never see that true dash to the endzone. Strange thing is this. If you followed the development team during the production of NCAA 11 and 12, they informed and even showed us their new mocap location with a brand new 40 yard stretch.

How the guys didn't get a sprint animation out of that really beats the hell out of me lol. I swear I even observed videos with guys in mocap suits SPRINTING on this precious piece of land. So where is the sprint animation?

Yes, that precious 40 yard mocap mat is whats going to get us our momentum and correct animations back in the game. Come on guys, use that **** correctly.

Hell, I'll even take some leave and go out for free, put the suit on and run around that damn thing ALL DAY until the team has what they need lol. No, I'm serious.
Old 07-05-2011, 07:27 AM   #39
MVP

I've already used one bump. Dont know how many more bumps the mods are gonna let me use lol.

Here's #2. Bumpy. Get on in here in talk to me. This **** is major gentlemen.
Old 07-05-2011, 12:36 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 6

So to continue this, I'd thought I'd chime in my 2 cents..

This is the #1 issue that makes me not what to buy this year's madden. I absolutely HATE having a 1 on 1 in the open field against an RB (playing as a CB) and they just make 2 turns on a dime and there's 6 points.

Get what I mean? It's way too SENSITIVE, just like spit_bubble said. I have no idea what they're gonna do with this issue, I just hope they fix it in 13 or 14, because if not, off to NCAA for me.

Thoughts?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »