Home

Chess not checkers/Cleats not iceskates. The problem with weight/mass.

This is a discussion on Chess not checkers/Cleats not iceskates. The problem with weight/mass. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-05-2011, 01:33 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Chess not checkers/Cleats not iceskates. The problem with weight/mass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSportzGuru
So to continue this, I'd thought I'd chime in my 2 cents..

This is the #1 issue that makes me not what to buy this year's madden. I absolutely HATE having a 1 on 1 in the open field against an RB (playing as a CB) and they just make 2 turns on a dime and there's 6 points.

Get what I mean? It's way too SENSITIVE, just like spit_bubble said. I have no idea what they're gonna do with this issue, I just hope they fix it in 13 or 14, because if not, off to NCAA for me.

Thoughts?
Not gonna do you any good switching to NCAA my friend. Pretty much uses the same core engines. Same exact problem. Yes, out of all the problems people post about here, this is THE MAIN issue with game for me.

I try to play the old gen versions as those titles have the realistic feel we're accustomed to but I'm already spoiled by the graphics we have now and I cant play long.

So I try to play the current gen titles because they look pretty but the players are zig zagging and darting all over the place and I cant STAND that either. I cant win for losing lol.

Oh and in case you haven't read some of the recent posts here, we're also discussing the running animations that go along with this. The sprint animation from last gen is also missing. Players are stuck in leaned forward/accelerating position and move extremely stiff even at full speed. You dont get that stand up straight/dash sprint animation anymore. Its very robotic and twitchy this gen.

Last edited by kingsofthevalley; 07-05-2011 at 01:38 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2011, 01:39 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsofthevalley
Not gonna do you any good switching to NCAA my friend. Pretty much uses the same core engines. Same exact problem. Yes, out of all the problems people post about here, this is THE MAIN issue with game for me.

I try to play the old gen versions as those titles have the realistic feel we're accustomed to but I'm already spoiled by the graphics we have now and I cant play long.

So I try to play the current gen titles because they look pretty but the players are zig zagging and darting all over the place and I cant STAND that either. I cant win for losing lol.
But I really didn't think it was that bad in NCAA, plus RTG and Dynasty look so damn good...

My #2 problem with Madden is that the ratings don't matter, but that's for another thread I guess.

Unless I see an improvement in the demo AND the youtube reviews, I'll be getting NCAA 12 this year
Old 07-05-2011, 01:45 PM   #43
MVP

Quote:
But I really didn't think it was that bad in NCAA, plus RTG and Dynasty look so damn good...

My #2 problem with Madden is that the ratings don't matter, but that's for another thread I guess.

Unless I see an improvement in the demo AND the youtube reviews, I'll be getting NCAA 12 this year
Ok, I'm assuming you dont have the NCAA12 demo yet? Well, you'll notice it on the very first kick return you attempt. Your player is going to be darting up the field with absolutely no semblance of mass. Back and forth, to and fro lol. Like he's wearing some type of anti gravity shoes. Its pretty bad.
Old 07-05-2011, 01:45 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 3

It is comical, but this is the same problem that Tecmo Bowl had in 1987.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PBvOxicz-0
Old 07-05-2011, 01:48 PM   #45
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

but even with 2k5...the defense guys would still exhibit skating/turning on a dime...the foot planting only seemed to affect the ball carriers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2011, 01:52 PM   #46
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo6911
It is comical, but this is the same problem that Tecmo Bowl had in 1987.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PBvOxicz-0
That was hilarious. That is exactly what it looks like in Madden/NCAA. Spot on. Bo jackson zig zaggin all over the place like a pro lol.

Now thats an arcade football game right there. That is NOT what I'm looking for in my NCAA/Madden titles. They are not meant to be arcade games, they are sims of the sport or atleast as close to sim as they can get it. Player movement is THE main key in the equation.
Old 07-05-2011, 01:52 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsofthevalley
Ok, I'm assuming you dont have the NCAA12 demo yet? Well, you'll notice it on the very first kick return you attempt. Your player is going to be darting up the field with absolutely no semblance of mass. Back and forth, to and fro lol. Like he's wearing some type of anti gravity shoes. Its pretty bad.
So either way we go, we're royally screwed?
Old 07-05-2011, 02:06 PM   #48
MVP

Quote:
So either way we go, we're royally screwed?
Pretty much. I'm hoping the devs catch wind of this soon if they dont already know about it. Really wishing one of em would pop their head in here and acknowledge it atleast. I'm sure they'll be at the table soon to start brainstorming on 2013.

I swear I'm available to do some free mocap work if they need it (for the missing sprint animations).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »