Home

Future conference modifications in light of conference prestige being static.

This is a discussion on Future conference modifications in light of conference prestige being static. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-03-2011, 12:47 PM   #1
Banned

Draconian Sanctions's Arena

OVR: 0
Future conference modifications in light of conference prestige being static.

If you're anything like me, you had planned to form several superconferences 10-15 years down the road in your dynasty, eliminating the Big 12. I was going to simply break the MAC in 2 and put half of those teams in the Big 12 since I knew you had to have at least 4 teams, but now I'm not sure what to do because I don't want a situation where Toledo goes unbeaten but the CPU treats it as if Texas went unbeaten due to the conference prestige. Anyone have a creative solution to get around this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2011, 12:53 PM   #2
Rookie

He1nousOne1's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Future conference modifications in light of conference prestige being static.

Well there is a thread with quite a few solutions in it but its quite long and I was going fix up things pretty similiar to how you were but I had to change my Big12 destruction plans so perhaps my new plan will have some ideas in it you will like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by He1nousOne1
Alright, I am having my second go at this. Have had to make some changes to my conference rosters due to the hard coded bottom line numbers for conferences and there have been plenty of good ideas to modify my own with.

So starting off I am going to give Notre Dame a shot as the lone Independent in my Dynasty. If they cant cut it though they will be assimilated into a conference at some point.

Starting off with the Conference of Kings, the SEC. Thanks to the knowledge that Oklahoma and Oklahoma State were tying themselves together at the hip I decided to show that in my dynasty by adding Texas, Texas A&M, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State to the SEC West division. This may end up being the most difficult division in my entire dynasty. Texas power mixed with SEC notoriety and schedule? Then in the East you have Alabama and Auburn moving into the neighborhood which will give the East a much needed boost from its current standing. As you can tell Kentucky is missing and Florida State has moved in.

West
Texas
Texas A&M
Oklahoma
Oklahoma State
LSU
Arkansas
Ole Miss
Mississippi State

East
Alabama
Auburn

Florida
Florida State
Tennessee
South Carolina
Georgia
Vanderbilt

Now we move to Conference that is like the brother to the King. Wanted to be King but likely never will be. Yes, that would be my beloved B1G.
In the West we see the addition of Nebraska, Missouri and Iowa State. All regional picks to match with my geographic divisions as I cannot stand the set up used for Leaders and Legends. All three are quality institutions with programs fitting for the B1G. Yes that's right, your eyes do not deceive. Kentucky turned her back once on the South at one point in our Nation's history and Kentucky is about to do it again! Going no where in the SEC in football and the B1G is the better conference for Basketball! There, I said it. I think it will have better luck in recruiting in the B1G with possibly better finishes especially with its rivalries to the South to aid in its recruiting.

West
Wisconsin
Nebraska
Iowa
Missouri
Illinois
Northwestern
Minnesota
Iowa State

East
Ohio State
Penn State
Michigan
Michigan State
Kentucky
Indiana
Purdue
Syracuse

Next we have our PAC-16, yes that is 16 teams and the final Super Conference. In the South I WAS going to go with Fresno State but I am going to try to stick to tradition in the PAC and go with the better institution of Nevada, plus they still fit in geographically. In the North we see it taking in the majority of the new programs. Yes I know that Boise State doesn't really fit in the PAC academically but this is a football game and the PAC really runs out of choices when Texas and crew goes SEC. The PAC could always come up with some sort of partial membership that doesn't give the bearer of such full receipt of shared monetary rewards from bowls or fully shared research. I will just consider BYU another recipient of such status. I know they dont fit in well with the PAC but once again this is a football game and so that is my choice.

South
USC
Stanford
UCLA
Cal
Arizona
Arizona State
Nevada
Hawaii

North
Oregon
Oregon State
Washington
Washington State
Utah
Colorado
Boise State
BYU

Leaving the Supers behind we now get to the ACC. UConn leaves the Big East for greener pastures which keeps Boston College in as that gives them a local rival that is no longer in the Big East nor is Syracuse.

North
Virginia Tech
Virginia
Maryland
Boston College
Wake Forest
UConn

South
Clemson
Miami
Georgia Tech
North Carolina
NC State
Duke

Next up is the Big East. Yes I know Temple got kicked out once but their location makes them the best addition in my opinion so Big East bound they are. The opportunity for TCU to take charge of a regional conference (that will unfortunately still have the Big12 prestige in game) becomes too good of an opportunity so they never become part of the Big East in this set up. I think this will be a fairly balanced set up.

North
West Virginia
Pittsburgh
Rutgers
Cincinnati
Miami (OH)
Temple

South
Louisville
USF
Troy
UCF
Memphis
East Carolina

The Big 12 is downsized obviously and becomes the Big 8 again. TCU taking advantage of the Big12 prestige in a downsized regional conference. This is the perfect type of future set up for TCU. Tulsa is the red headed step child of the bunch but they will hold their own and prosper from the increased prestige and recruiting as will most of these additions.

Baylor
Texas Tech
TCU
SMU
Houston
Rice
Tulsa
North Texas

The Mountain West is looking much like a brand new conference. With additions from all directions. This is the grab bag that may turn into something nice or may turn into a dud. Got to love an experiment in progress.

Kansas
Kansas State
Colorado State
Wyoming
San Diego State
Fresno State
UNLV
UTEP
New Mexico

The Conference USA is hard hit by all the changes but with the addition of the Service Academies it rounds out into a decent lower conference. I certainly dont mind seeing it lose it's conference championship game in MY NCAA. I added Bowling Green because it is the closest of the MAC teams to most of the teams of this conference.
Air Force
Navy
Army
Southern Miss
UAB
Tulane
Mid Tenn State
Florida International (FIU)
Florida Atlantic (FAU)
Bowling Green

The MAC is another conference hit by defections. It loses it's conference championship as well.

Central Michigan
Western Michigan
Eastern Michigan
Northern Illinois
Ball State
Toledo
Akron
Ohio
Kent State
Buffalo

The WAC is one of the true bottom dweller conferences, it's members will make nice fillers for other teams OOC games. Having only four teams means it's teams may end up in bowls with very poor records due to the high number of OOC games they will play. May be interesting to see how that helps these teams that under more standard set ups would be failures year in and year out.

Idaho
Utah State
San Jose State
New Mexico State

The Sun Belt is in the same situation as the WAC. I brought in La Tech since it definately fits in better with this conference now then it does with the WAC. The WAC is no longer superior.

Louisiana Tech
ULL
ULM
WKU
Arkansas State

This system could set it self up well for some form of Relegations a couple of Seasons in. I am not going to have any direct relations between conferences. When a team needs to be relegated down in order to rebuild in a lower conference then I will just pick and choose which team can best fill their spot until they have earned their place back by earning a prestige star or two.

An example would be of a top MAC team replacing one of the northern Big East teams should such be necessary but if it was one of the southern teams in the Big East then that could be filled by a top team from one of the lesser southern conferences. The Big conferences are much more spread out this way and the teams that are part of them will have different regional needs if they need to be relegated down.

Should be fun to see play out while I am starting as a D+ prestige Coach in the bottom ranks of those lower conference schools.

Last edited by He1nousOne1; 07-03-2011 at 11:24 PM.
Old 07-03-2011, 03:28 PM   #3
Rookie

Renard's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Future conference modifications in light of conference prestige being static.

awesome read He1nousOne1...

I think it would make a really cool online dynasty haha...

like how you listed from great to... well Poop haha
Old 07-03-2011, 07:57 PM   #4
Rookie

He1nousOne1's Arena

Thanks Renard, hopefully that conference build will work out well. The big question will end up being how to facilitate the necessary conference changes later on in the dynasty.
Old 07-03-2011, 08:53 PM   #5
MVP

sniperhare's Arena

I will leave most schools as they come from the box in my real player draft class franchises.

But I will definitely make my generated player (start saving draft classes after 2016-2017 season) franchise with this alignment.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2011, 09:12 PM   #6
Rookie

bdawgdude's Arena

OVR: 5

I really like your conference realignment and might go with this myself. I'm really interested to see how the Big (8) XII turns out. Will TCU, Texas Tech, and Baylor dominate; or will SMU, Houston and Rice build back up to compete. Or maybe Tulsa or North Texas will surprise everyone.

How are you planning on doing BCS births? Are you going to keep the power conferences (SEC, B1G, Pac 16, ACC, Big East) locked into their respective bowls, or mix things up? Does the Big XII still get an auto bid?
Old 07-03-2011, 09:45 PM   #7
The Legendary Roots Crew

Sublime12089's Arena

I am going to make the conferences as realistic as possible over the next two years, then reevaluate every 2-3 years after that, based on how teams are doing, and what would make sense for the teams and conferences. What I mostly forsee happening down the road in my game is:
The B1G grabbing ND (unless they suddenly are successful) and maybe a Big East Team
The SEC restocking on the ACC.
The remaining ACC and Big East Teams combining, with possible promotions to Southern Miss, UCF, or Memphis.
And if a Western team (aside from Boise State or BYU) starts doing well, the PAC will pick them up.
I am still undecided about what to do about the BIG XII. thoughts?

Keep in mind, this would happen over a decade and leave the layout as the PAC, B1G, and SEC as the power conferences in the West, North, and South respectively and the BIG East as a decent conference made up of teams in the East and South. Again, unsure what to do about the Big 12
Old 07-03-2011, 11:22 PM   #8
Rookie

He1nousOne1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdawgdude
I really like your conference realignment and might go with this myself. I'm really interested to see how the Big (8) XII turns out. Will TCU, Texas Tech, and Baylor dominate; or will SMU, Houston and Rice build back up to compete. Or maybe Tulsa or North Texas will surprise everyone.

How are you planning on doing BCS births? Are you going to keep the power conferences (SEC, B1G, Pac 16, ACC, Big East) locked into their respective bowls, or mix things up? Does the Big XII still get an auto bid?
Honestly I am really not sure yet as far as the Bowls go. The problem with an all Texas division of the Big 12 was always Texas dominating. Now it is much more up in the air so I really dont know where to go with that conference yet till I see how it plays out. For now I dont wish to give TCU an autobid to a BCS bowl every year because I do believe they will probably win the conference for awhile. So the Big 12 will be losing it's BCS status.

Most likely I will just drop all tie ins to the BCS bowls and see how that goes. If it works out well that will stay if not then I will go from there as far as figuring out the tie ins. The big rivalries like PAC/B1G in the Rose Bowl often dont happen in the game anyways so I am not too concerned about such rivalries.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »