Home

Impact Players

This is a discussion on Impact Players within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-03-2011, 02:56 PM   #1
Rookie

Dash Woodson's Arena

OVR: 0
Impact Players

I came to a realisation while posting in another thread. What ever happened to impact players that REALLY made an impact?? there is really nothing seperating high rated athletes on an individual standpoint. In college football, there are certain players that can completely take over games and i am just wondering where that type of gamebreaking is at in ncaa???
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2011, 04:02 PM   #2
Rookie

jaba134's Arena

Re: Impact Players

I remember when the feature first came on with the white circle under the players feet...That was awesome, when they got in the zone they almost always made a big play, it felt pretty realistic to have those players always having the big plays when you need them
Old 07-03-2011, 11:06 PM   #3
Rookie

Dash Woodson's Arena

yea i dont understand why there arent more players in the game with a gamebreaking mentality... it just seems like any 99ovr skill player is just as good as another 99ovr skill player, since this is the case, it should be very rare to have even a single player be rated 99 or even close to it, that way when you DO get a player to reach 99 he is somewhat special
Old 07-04-2011, 01:00 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

well... when the feature first came out it was overpowered, a lowly rated RB who was an impact player would go crazy!!

Old 07-04-2011, 01:03 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6

However, its first implementation was the best. I loved breaking a tackle with that badass camera shot. Or how my QB could break a tackle, scramble and throw a bomb down field.

Just another thing 06 had that made it so much better
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2011, 10:01 AM   #6
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

I feel like the impact players should be tearing up your conference play and should still have an effect if you're Western Michigan Playing Alabama.
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Old 07-04-2011, 10:26 AM   #7
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16
The first incarnation of game breakers was awful. Lbs would force fumbles, rbs would go nuts...it was terribly unbalanced. Now, it's more like "these are the best 3 guys on the team." That other stuff was arcadey garbage, IMO.
Old 07-04-2011, 10:36 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Yea, it was ridiculous how much better they would become when they were hot. Sure, players get on hot in games in real life, but they don't miraculously catch every ball, cause tons of fumbles, break tons of tackles, etc... It was crazy what an impact player was capable of.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »