Home

I'm Extremely Disappointed With VT's Entrance In 12

This is a discussion on I'm Extremely Disappointed With VT's Entrance In 12 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-05-2011, 09:43 AM   #81
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: I'm Extremely Disappointed With VT's Entrance In 12

For me, it seems like the entrances lack a little something; even the ones that are detailed.

I thought about it, and it's immersion. Yeah, authentic entrances are great, but when players have that same static look on their faces, when you can barely hear the crowed getting amped about their team running on the field, when the announcers have no sense of excitement about the upcoming game, the entrances just seem a bit bland to me.

When it comes to these entrances, if the guys in the virtual world don't even give a sense that they're even a little excited to be playing a big game, why should I be? The players look bored during the entrances, the crowd seems like they're not even there, it's just boring.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2011, 10:29 AM   #82
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catamount53
The reason I skip every entrance is not a matter of authenticity(Clemson's does look pretty meh though), but they are so boring. The commentators are completely quiet and you can only hear the cheerleaders and like 5 or 6 fans. They could really do the whole thing better.

They just take the excitement out of these entrances.

Hopefully next year they take a page out of Madden's book and consult a real sports broadcasting company on how to have more realistic and authentic presentation.
I agree with this 110%
Old 07-05-2011, 10:40 AM   #83
MVP

BCJMU99's Arena

OVR: 10

Who cares about VT...
JMU Football season ticket holder
UVA Football, Basketball & Baseball

76ers
Flyers

Currently playing Madden 23(XBX) and FFXVI , and PGA 2K23(PS5)
Old 07-05-2011, 10:42 AM   #84
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
For me, it seems like the entrances lack a little something; even the ones that are detailed.

I thought about it, and it's immersion. Yeah, authentic entrances are great, but when players have that same static look on their faces, when you can barely hear the crowed getting amped about their team running on the field, when the announcers have no sense of excitement about the upcoming game, the entrances just seem a bit bland to me.

When it comes to these entrances, if the guys in the virtual world don't even give a sense that they're even a little excited to be playing a big game, why should I be? The players look bored during the entrances, the crowd seems like they're not even there, it's just boring.
This is what I've been saying. The game has no level of immersion anywhere. You never feel as if you're playing in a football game. Never feel as if you're the coach. It actually feels like you're just using a controller and playing god over the people.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Old 07-05-2011, 10:44 AM   #85
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurryStorm
I had a feeling that VT's entrance would be generic for the same reason that my Gamecocks' entrance was going to be generic - the both depend mainly on music. If VT and USC ran out with an animal or rubbed something, their entrances would have been included. But with both depending heavily on the music, which EA doesn't have the rights to, I figured they wouldn't get anything close to their real-life entrances.

The real downer for me, though, are the entrances that they have included. They just are not exciting. I'm not sure if it's the camera angles they use or what, but they are so boring. They're supposed to excite you before the game, not make you want to skip it. It's like they don't know if they want to use the perspective of you being a coach (in the tunnel, running out to thousands of people) or the perspective that you're watching it as a television broadcast (from above the crowd). I think EA, first, needs to decide how they want the player to "feel" the entrance - either make it all like a TV broadcast or keep it all in the tunnel and give you the feeling that you're the coach running out with the team.

Personally, I'd prefer to go with the TV, and for example, South Carolina's would go like this: Have Kirk do their pregame stuff and then just say something like "and now we'll get quiet and just let you listen to the crowd as the Gamecocks are about ready to take the field." Then show an overhead shot of Williams Brice Stadium where the cheerleaders/band have formed the "tunnel." Have the fans "jumping" or at least make it looks like they're jumping/getting excited or whatever Then cut to the players in the tunnel jumping up and down. Then a close up of the 50 where Cocky is in his cage, he busts out of the cage and starts running with the flag guys. Finally go back to the overhead shot and show the team running out, going through the "tunnel" the band has formed and then start playing the band music that EA does have for the team. And as the team is nearing the sideline, cut to a photo of the coach and have Kirk start talking again about the coach with some stat overlays and such.

I think what the entrances lack is a sense of grandeur. You only see about 7 players in a tunnel, 7 fans getting excited and rinse and repeat. You don't get the feeling that the entire stadium is about to erupt. It just doesn't have that e pic sense of scale that you get from watching it on television or actually being there in person. The only way I could think of making the entrances a little more exciting with the way they presently are is to ONLY show them for big games. If you're a Texas fan and it's the same entrance every game, you will get bored after watching it 7 times a year. However, if it's only shown when you play a ranked team or rival, you'll probably less likely to skip it as it's something unique. For that to happen, EA would need to bring back only having announcers for television games and such, but it's an idea.
Agree with this 110% as well.

Hopefully EA will consult with the ESPN guys who can handhold them step by step on how to recreate a broadcast feel of the game. Not just with the entrances, but with replays and highlight reels as well. I skip all replays because they are not broadcast style and it ruins it. I watch all replays on NBA2k11. I would be willing to watch the presentation stuff if NCAA did it right. They have the resources. They copied the ESPN graphics and did a good job. But without everything else, it's incomplete.

I hate saying "next year" once again, but I'm praying that they make the complete effort to get presentation right for NCAA 13. I'm buying 12. I always buy it. But it will be yet another year of skipping intros, replays, and highlights because of how boring, uninspired, and unrealistic they are. I cant immerse myself in it like I can other sports games.

Madden on the other hand? Let's just say I am intrigued to see how their broadcast elements play out. Im hoping it does well so NCAA can have it next year.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »