Home

Custom Schedules

This is a discussion on Custom Schedules within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-04-2011, 11:27 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

Tovarich's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Custom Schedules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roggie
I think sometimes they let you schedule 13 games if you conference has no championship game. I accidentally scheduled 13 games for someone in my OD by giving him a game in week 15 when I couldn't choose week 15 for any other school.

May have been week 16. The last week.
I don't think you've been allowed to do this for several years. Back on NCAA 04, I remember I could do it. There were a couple versions after where you could play 12 when they still had 11 game seasons, but that's about it. They usually have just deleted the 1-AA opponents and played the 12 1-A games, but that didn't work last year when UNLV and Southern Cal played 13 1-A schools and it has a ripple effect that affects random teams far from the WAC. This is a must-fix and I really hope they have it figured out for this year, but I know not to get my hopes up with these people.
Old 07-05-2011, 04:32 AM   #18
MVP

OVR: 15

I've got two opinions here.

1. You should be able to set the game time for any game not on TV. For example, in the first part of the season, when it's warm, any game that Arkansas has that's not on TV is always at 6pm CST. Once the weather cools, kick off is at 11am CST.

2. For games on TV, well.... you shouldn't be able to set the date or time. Your conference has a deal with whatever broadcast company is broadcasting the game, you play when they tell you to play. But with that said, the game's scheduling logic could probably be improved as far as game times.

CBS does like to schedule their SEC game of the week for 2:30 Saturday, so if LSU is part of the SEC game of the week (even if the game isn't saying it's broadcast by CBS), they should be playing at 2:30. However, if they're being covered by ESPN, they're going to be the 7pm game, etc. Arkansas, however, if not the 2:30 CBS game tends to be the 11am ESPN game. Occasionally we'll get a televised night game in the latter part of the season, but I can't think of many in recent history.
Old 07-05-2011, 05:38 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 3
One thing on scheduling I'd like to see is that the OOC games are not done by picking from long list, but through offers received and made to other schools. So at the start of the off-season you could offer Alabama a home-home series game, while receiving an offer from Nevada for a similar game.
Old 07-05-2011, 05:40 AM   #20
Banned

OVR: 31

I would like to have the ability to change the conference schedule.
Old 07-05-2011, 07:09 AM   #21
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjburrage
One thing on scheduling I'd like to see is that the OOC games are not done by picking from long list, but through offers received and made to other schools. So at the start of the off-season you could offer Alabama a home-home series game, while receiving an offer from Nevada for a similar game.
I actually really like this idea.

Perhaps, your prestige level versus other schools prestige levels. If you're a 5-star team, you can go play an away game at a 1 or 2 star team whenever you want. If you want to play other 5-star teams, you pretty much have to do home-and-home series, or negotiate a neutral site (and allow us to start scheduling neutral site games). Or if you're a 3-star team, you have to go on the road to a 5-star team, or maybe get a 2-for-1 or 3-for-1.

This will bring a level of realism to the game. We can also lock in long term series with teams, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Block-O
I would like to have the ability to change the conference schedule.
Why? Teams don't have this power. Conferences make the schedule.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »