Home

Rebuilding: How will you begin your 1 or 2 star dynasty in NCAA 12?

This is a discussion on Rebuilding: How will you begin your 1 or 2 star dynasty in NCAA 12? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-05-2011, 05:59 PM   #33
Rookie

PhillyPhanatic's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Rebuilding: How will you begin your 1 or 2 star dynasty in NCAA 12?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarv
I can't believe I just forget this...because it might be the most fun I've had while playing NCAA:

While turning North Texas into a power running team, you can't have enough blocking TE's. I tried to recruit one or two every year...I'd always grab a big one with great blocking and stick him at fullback since recruiting FBs was always hard to do. At one point I even took a fast tackle and turned him into a FB....was always fun running between the tackles with those guys. Linebackers didn't stand a chance.

It was a literally a ton of fun (pun intended). My TE I converted to FB had some pretty good carrying stats, so I would line him up at HB behind my monster T/FB and watch them both bowl through people.
I took the I-Form Tight formation (or maybe it's I-Form Big or something, I can't remember the exact name) and would put them both in there. Then for added power, I put my second/third string tackles in at TE also.

The only word I can think to describe it is Jurassic.

The formation basically ended up looking like this:

T-T-G-C-G-T-T---------WR
-------QB-------------
--------T-------------
-------TE------------

Just don't audible to a play action pass...even though it's funny to watch a tackle dive at a pass in the red zone, it usually doesn't work out all that well haha. When 12 comes out, I'm going to make sure there's no passing plays in this playbook.

Occasionally I would get to the second level and watching those big bastards truck over safeties was always hilarious. I remember playing against a pretty bad team (can't remember which one) and 3/4 of their entire d-line was taken out of the game at one point due to injuries and exhaustion. Their second stringers didn't stand a chance. It was a slaughter. After that game the coaching staf should've been tried under the Geneva Convention.

I hope when we get custom playbooks we can re-name some of the formations. I think I would call that one Devastator. Or Jurassic attack.
That sounds amazing im definatly going to be doing that. How many years did you stay at UNT?
Old 07-05-2011, 06:03 PM   #34
Banned

jarv's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic
That sounds amazing im definatly going to be doing that. How many years did you stay at UNT?
I think 4 or 5 before moving on. I starting dominating the conference but still never got an invite to a BCS conference so I skipped to a bigger school. I now wish I had just waited it out for 3-4 more years or until how ever long it took for the Big 12 to come knocking. They were good for years after I left too. I was always checking to see how they were doing.
Old 07-05-2011, 06:03 PM   #35
Rookie

PhillyPhanatic's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
Hey! We won a MAC title and a bowl game a few years back!

Didnt mean to offend you lol. Its just that I won a combined 5 games my first 2 seasons with Jerry Davis being the lone bright spot. Year 3 we won our last 3 games to go 6-6 and make the Sun Bowl
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2011, 06:32 PM   #36
Banned

OVR: 0

I'm planning on setting up a great power running game like jarv suggested. Actually, I'll save his post on a document so that I can re-create that. I'll also have to recruit myself, but it'll be worth it if I can set that up. That sounds awesome The only thing jarv, is that, if you take out all the passes idk if it would work still, I mean, you need to catch the D off guard, right? I'd keep quite a bit, as I like passing, but idk how good the running game would work.

Last edited by Sammidysam; 07-05-2011 at 06:35 PM.
Old 07-05-2011, 06:36 PM   #37
Rookie

ty23huskernation's Arena

OVR: 9

we have the king of kings dynasty which is a complete rebuilding dynasty, i am fiu. they are a spread offense but will switch to a power rush team, with a nasty fast defense that stops the run and forces the pass. elite rb and dt"s are a must. then one lock down corner, bc i run a match zone defense like bo pelini
Old 07-05-2011, 06:53 PM   #38
Pro

hurricanefootball4's Arena

OVR: 3

I usually do one with ULM, ULL, FIU, or FAU. I like to choose a team in the south b/c then you can still recruit Texas and Florida.

I usually try to implement a run heavy game, very similar to what has been discussed in here. I have a very heavy use of TE's and FB's. I don't break away with a lot of touchdowns but I try to just use ball control as much as possible. It's nearly impossible to beat an Alabama or LSU with one of those rosters so the best advantage I have is to keep the ball away from them if possible.
Old 07-05-2011, 07:00 PM   #39
Banned

OVR: 0

I am heading to FIU my first year as an OC. Here's a small idea of what my playbook is going to look like:

ACE: 4WR
ACE: 4WR Trips
ACE:Big
ACE: Spread
ACE:Wing Trio
ACE: Y-Trips

I-Form:Normal
I-FormSlot

These are all shotgun:
4WR Trio
4WR Trio Open
4WR
5WR
5WR Bunch
5WR Flex
Normal
Y-Trips
Wildcat
--------------
So I am pretty much mixing the Run And Shoot and One Back Playbooks together. It should not be too hard, since FIU is a Spread Offense. I am staying there for 2-3 years, until I can get a new solid job that attracts me.
Old 07-05-2011, 07:04 PM   #40
Pro

hurricanefootball4's Arena

OVR: 3

IMO, ACE is tough to start out with a rebuilding school b/c your line usually isn't able to hold and it ends up in a lot of negative yardage running plays

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »