Home

Mountain West division names?

This is a discussion on Mountain West division names? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-05-2011, 11:38 PM   #9
Rookie

II LiveHard II's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Mountain West division names?

I guess I'll stick with Mountain and Pacific. I've posted my realignment in the So now that Custom Conferences are in what changes will you make? thread.
NHL: Montreal Canadiens

Old 07-06-2011, 12:30 AM   #10
Rookie

He1nousOne1's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Stone
Legends and Leaders.
Yeah no kidding, if us B1G fans have to deal with idiots running the conference and their dumb *** decisions then so do the Mountain West folks. Nothing personal...its just this thread is about your conference.

Legends and Leaders it is.

What a dumb *** idea. God it almost makes me hate the conference. That and the fashioned divisions around TWO teams.

Mountain West take a lesson from the B1G and don't make stupid names for your divisions and dont make the rest of your teams seem like lower class compared to two of your teams.

With that said I like Mountain and West as division names.
Old 07-06-2011, 01:10 AM   #11
Sic 'em Bears!

BaylorBearBryant's Arena

OVR: 10

Legends and Leaders is stupid. Nothing against the B1G, other than whoever thought of that.

As for your MWC. Mountain and Pacific actually sounds pretty good. Do you know why? It's not stupid like Legends and Leaders. I'm a proponent of logical decision making.

Baylor Bears - Texans - Astros - Rockets - Avalanche

Follow me on Twitch: twitch.tv/osovideo
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2011, 01:27 AM   #12
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7

So you're adding some teams to the MWC in order to get it up to 12... I'm doing the same thing and naming the divisions simply North and South...

North
Air Force
Boise State
BYU
Colorado State
Idaho
Utah

South
Fresno State
Nevada
San Diego State
SMU
TCU
UNLV

Keeps all the rivals in the same divisions.

Last edited by Bullet Sponge; 07-06-2011 at 01:29 AM.
Old 07-06-2011, 05:44 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Sponge
So you're adding some teams to the MWC in order to get it up to 12... I'm doing the same thing and naming the divisions simply North and South...

North
Air Force
Boise State
BYU
Colorado State
Idaho
Utah

South
Fresno State
Nevada
San Diego State
SMU
TCU
UNLV

Keeps all the rivals in the same divisions.
Boise State's rivals are Nevada and Fresno State, in addition to Idaho I think, but you can make them play either Nevada and Fresno every year for a permanent cross division rival.

And for my mountain west, I just did the "West" and "Midwest" because I essentially did a west/east alignment but did not wanna call the eastern most 6 teams the East.

West: Hawaii, Boise ST, Idaho, Fresno, Hawaii, SDST.
Mid-West: BYU, Colorado ST, Wyoming, New Mexico, UNLV, Air Force.

I think the west is stronger but I went strictly geographically from west to east to do it. It does keep the 5 WAC teams 2gether in their new conference.
Old 07-06-2011, 06:12 PM   #14
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcats302
Boise State's rivals are Nevada and Fresno State, in addition to Idaho I think, but you can make them play either Nevada and Fresno every year for a permanent cross division rival.
Right. Sorry, I meant regional rivals are all in the same division in my setup. And yeah Idaho is Boise's rival. I don't think any of those other rivalries (Fresno, Nevada) are big enough to worry about preserving in the protected rivalry setting. Fresno's rival is San Diego State in the south division, and Nevada has UNLV.
Old 07-06-2011, 06:14 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcats302

And for my mountain west, I just did the "West" and "Midwest" because I essentially did a west/east alignment but did not wanna call the eastern most 6 teams the East.

West: Hawaii, Boise ST, Idaho, Fresno, Hawaii, SDST.
Mid-West: BYU, Colorado ST, Wyoming, New Mexico, UNLV, Air Force.

I think the west is stronger but I went strictly geographically from west to east to do it. It does keep the 5 WAC teams 2gether in their new conference.
West and Mid-West? Sounds pretty funny.
-----------------------------------------------
This is what I would do:
Pacific and Mountains.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2011, 06:42 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soarindude02
West and Mid-West? Sounds pretty funny.
-----------------------------------------------
This is what I would do:
Pacific and Mountains.
Honestly that was the main other one I thought of as well, great minds think alike eh? but yeah, I definitely do not win any originality contests with "West" and "Midwest" haha, but better than Leaders and Legends I'd say.

I really do like the Mountains and Pacific names as well. I think I may go with that one, I'm not playing in the MWC anyways, just thought it would be cool to make them a 12 team league so the only time I'll see the division names are when I look at the standings.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »