Home

No Huddle Offense

This is a discussion on No Huddle Offense within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2003, 04:05 PM   #1
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18
No Huddle Offense

Does anyone run the no huddle in the game when NOT in a 2 minute drill? I just tried it last game and it seemed to add an extra excitement to things for me. I set up my 5 favorite plays(4 passes, 1 run) as audibles and every once in a while I'd hold in Y after the play and then I'd look at the little peice of paper that I wrote my audibles on(yes, like a real QB!! haha) and then hit X and picked the one I wanted. Then if I wanted to switch things up, I used a hot route(which are great by the way). I didn't do it all game because it was the first time and I was just working into it, but I did use on a couple consecutive plays in 2 or 3 drives... plus my starting QB got hurt and took away my ability to scramble. But I may try it out more next game.

If anyone is getting a little bored with the game(don't see how that can happen tho, great game), just try out a no huddle offense for a little. I did it cuz I saw WVU run it fairly effectivly and thought I'd give it a go
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2003, 04:36 PM   #2
Pac12fan

ochoco's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: No Huddle Offense

No huddle can be great fun when its needed. If you try and use it all game your stats are gonna be way off. Well unless thats what you like, then thats fine too. You just get a ton more plays in this way. Unless of course you are still letting the clock run down tell 5 seconds or so. Just some thoughts.
Old 09-02-2003, 06:57 PM   #3
Th* H*mb*rg*r P*mp

TarHeelMan's Arena

OVR: 23

Some teams run it like that, I think. They have a base package out on the field, and then they line up. The QB will see what formation the defense is in and then call the play at the line of scrimmage. I think Clemson used to do it, and I believe West Virginia does now, too.
Old 09-03-2003, 01:08 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

How do you run the no huddle?
Old 09-03-2003, 01:13 PM   #5
Th* H*mb*rg*r P*mp

TarHeelMan's Arena

OVR: 23

On PS2, hold down triangle after the play is over. Then you will run the same play as before, unless you audible to something else.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2003, 01:13 PM   #6
MVP

DaHokieBird's Arena

OVR: 8

It will be nice to call slant hotroutes like Madden. That would add so much more to it. It would also be nicer if there were more audibles possible, but that is just an amount of buttons problems.

Thanks,
DaHokieBird
Old 09-03-2003, 01:16 PM   #7
ADW
Pro

OVR: 6

I like to use the no huddle shotgun offense as well. There are lots of teams that use it in real life. Northwestern, West Virginia, Memphis, Middle Tenn State, USF, Cincinnati, Tulane, Utah, Bowling Green, among others. I started using it after watching some of these teams run it. I also like the fact that you'll usually have the entire 25 second play clock to use to call your next play. I use no huddle at different speeds. Sometimes I'll call my next play quickly, while other times I'll milk the clock.

Old 09-03-2003, 01:19 PM   #8
Cr*m*n*lly *nd*rr*t*d

LetsGoPitt's Arena

OVR: 27

The biggest problem here is that EA doesn't really have a "no huddle" offense, they have a hurry-up offense, and as such it's really not intended to be used as a no-huddle (which is why the stats get skewed).

In real life, teams use the no huddle, but still take a while to call their plays. They just set things up as they line up, making it hard for the defense to substitute. There isn't any hurring up to the line or anything like that going on.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »