Home

Played the Retail Version today 7/5

This is a discussion on Played the Retail Version today 7/5 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 08:19 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Played the Retail Version today 7/5

Me and a buddy got to play the retail version today for about 5 hours. The game imo is an upgraded version of 11.

>> The game was still too easy to pass on and had very few positive runs. We only played user vs. user and both of us blitzed quiet abit bc, the d-line got zero pressure. We got quiet a bit of pressure on each other with the blitz which caused us to not be able to scramble much nor run effectively. The biggest disappointment and a must need patch day 1 imo is the ability to throw the deep ball, and it did not matter wheather you droped 7 or rushed 8, nothing would stop the deep pass. We did this way too effectively way too often. If the QB led the receiver then it was game over the defender seemed to have T-Rex arms when you hit the knock down button.

I did enjoy the game so much more than past versions however. There seemed to be no more Olympic high jumpers who played linebacker. Zone also seemed to work this year as long as the pass was not over 40 yards down field. There was actual pressure on the qb. The pistol was actually usable and the read option out of the pistol was much quicker and effective if called when supposed to such as no tight end and 6 in the box. No more suction either was awesome however, my friend’s defenders seemed to not attempt tackles that were in there reach mine however seemed to attempt at it so who knows. The detail to outside the stadium was amazing and down to the smallest of details even at my school which is in the Sunbelt. The intros were cool but got repetitive and lasted too long, so after a couple of games we started skipping the intro. I wish they would of put that much effort in team builder but oh well can’t make everyone happy.

RTG seemed cool with being able to play both sides of the ball. But will still only be used until the rosters come out. Speaking of rosters there seemed to be a surplus of 90 over all players. The ECU winners (teasing) should be happy with two of their players being among these. Got a look at several coaches in edit mode and it seemed like several were overrated such as tcu, and Oregon’s coaches being A+. They are great coaches but everyone would agree they do not deserve to have the same rating as Sabin, (as much as I hate him).

Overall imo the game is better than 11 and makes me believe EA is heading in the right direction. Let’s hope next year we can have Color vs. Color games such as UCLA vs. USC, something new on team builder (at least a new screen), more enfaces on special teams such as rugby punts which are big in college football. And let’s hope that we can get rid of clipping and get blocking in the back penalties instead since most of us have not seen this penalty since Jr. High football.>>

Last edited by AteLS57; 07-06-2011 at 08:43 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2011, 08:22 PM   #2
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Played the Retail Version today 7/5

Thanks for the info.

What difficulty setting did you play on?
Old 07-06-2011, 08:23 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

So you guys blitzed nearly every play and then complained about the deep ball being too easy? Hmm....

― Plato
Old 07-06-2011, 08:24 PM   #4
Rookie

BigBlue10989's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
So you guys blitzed nearly every play and then complained about the deep ball being too easy? Hmm....
Took the words right out of my mouth.
Old 07-06-2011, 08:25 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Yea, I quit reading as soon as he said they blitzed every single "position". I would hope you would exploit the deep ball when your opponent is sending 8 every single time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2011, 08:27 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Um...NO..

We tried everything, from nickle and dime coverage to blitzing which seemed the best. This was just some information for you who werent fortunate enough to be able to play the game early, so be sassy somewhere else kid.

thanks
Old 07-06-2011, 08:29 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianDonP

What difficulty setting did you play on?
We played on both AA and Heis
Old 07-06-2011, 08:30 PM   #8
Banned

Kid FSU's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AteLS57
Um...NO..

We tried everything, from nickle and dime coverage to blitzing which seemed the best. This was just some information for you who werent fortunate enough to be able to play the game early, so be sassy somewhere else kid.

thanks
Someone needs a hug.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »