Home

Kick/Punt Returner in RTG, expand to CB and S?

This is a discussion on Kick/Punt Returner in RTG, expand to CB and S? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2011, 05:18 AM   #9
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Kick/Punt Returner in RTG, expand to CB and S?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyb
Since you can play both ways, I think they are trying to avoid a QB/S returning kicks.
You can only play both ways in HS. And at that level, it's not that hard to believe.

Old 07-09-2011, 12:40 PM   #10
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengo Juego
You can only play both ways in HS. And at that level, it's not that hard to believe.
Whenever I was in high school, our quarterback was one of our kick returners. He was our starting quarterback, starting safety and our other starting kick returner.. so like you said, it's not hard to believe.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 07-09-2011, 03:35 PM   #11
MVP

TrapStar215's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob
Whenever I was in high school, our quarterback was one of our kick returners. He was our starting quarterback, starting safety and our other starting kick returner.. so like you said, it's not hard to believe.
I was the starting Guard and Safety. lol
"Okay, here's the story. I come from the gutter. I know that. I got no education... but that's okay. I know the street, and I'm making all the right connections. With the right woman, there's no stopping me. I could go right to the top."

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2011, 05:35 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapStar215
I was the starting Guard and Safety. lol
Haha, wow. That's even more strange than my WR/DT combination senior year... what was your size?

And yeah, our QB started in all three phases of the game too (QB/S/KR) for a little while. They moved him to WR after three games, but still... it's very common. Why leave little things like this out?
Old 07-09-2011, 06:14 PM   #13
MVP

sniperhare's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengo Juego
So you can't make a 5 star recruit and go to a small school and play both ways?
Old 07-09-2011, 06:35 PM   #14
MVP

TrapStar215's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon26841
Haha, wow. That's even more strange than my WR/DT combination senior year... what was your size?

And yeah, our QB started in all three phases of the game too (QB/S/KR) for a little while. They moved him to WR after three games, but still... it's very common. Why leave little things like this out?
6'3, 232ish I believe. lol

I always played the O-Line, but before my Sr. year I went to alot of camps and got faster. And my vertical was like 33-36in. So one day at practice our starting QB who also was the Starting Safety broke his wrist, so I said wth I'll play it. lol
"Okay, here's the story. I come from the gutter. I know that. I got no education... but that's okay. I know the street, and I'm making all the right connections. With the right woman, there's no stopping me. I could go right to the top."

Old 07-09-2011, 06:42 PM   #15
Rookie

inchez34's Arena

OVR: 5

So has it ben confirmed that we can return kicks?
I was under the impression that we still couldn't.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2011, 07:01 PM   #16
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapStar215
6'3, 232ish I believe. lol

I always played the O-Line, but before my Sr. year I went to alot of camps and got faster. And my vertical was like 33-36in. So one day at practice our starting QB who also was the Starting Safety broke his wrist, so I said wth I'll play it. lol
That's why I loved high school football. I was the starting defensive tackle and nose tackle. In practice we'd always have some random plays we'd draw up on the fly where me and the other defensive tackle would line up in the backfield as twin running backs or far out on the line as receivers. We did it once in a game where we lined at running back but the right guard, who was terrible and under 200lbs so he couldn't block ****, got destroyed off the line and got to the quarterback during the exchange. Never ran it again in a game.

We called it the "Hamburger Formation". Haha. At the time during my senior year, I was 6'4", 325lbs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inchez34
So has it ben confirmed that we can return kicks?
I was under the impression that we still couldn't.
Only if you're a running back or wide receiver. Safeties and cornerbacks, the ones who seem to return balls more nowadays, are not able to.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »