Home

When I play DT or DE I always fall down or trip?

This is a discussion on When I play DT or DE I always fall down or trip? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2011, 12:24 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: When I play DT or DE I always fall down or trip?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjburrage
The times I've really noticed this is on the HB Screen plays, my DT/DE is unblocked, about to destroy the QB and he sort of stumbles as if its some thing to stop a Sack on that play.
YES!!
WTF IS that? I watch a lot of Football and I NEVER see a DE or DT have a straight shot at a QB and stumble over their own feet! EA needs to take this OUT! Also EA needs to add types of moves, eg, the swim move like that other guy was asking about, it theres a way to pull off the swim move I don't know about it.
Old 07-08-2011, 12:55 PM   #18
Rookie

209vaughn's Arena

I've tried everything over the years in NCAA franchise... It seems totally random, I try and swim and hit the OL guy at an angle to help fill a gap but thats about it. OL/DL interactions have always been kind of lame. It seems no matter how awesome your DL line is and how bad the OL is, that the outcome is about the same.
Old 07-08-2011, 01:25 PM   #19
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPitcher
YES!!
WTF IS that? I watch a lot of Football and I NEVER see a DE or DT have a straight shot at a QB and stumble over their own feet! EA needs to take this OUT! Also EA needs to add types of moves, eg, the swim move like that other guy was asking about, it theres a way to pull off the swim move I don't know about it.
The moves are chosen by the computer based on the player's ratings (finesse moves & power moves). You simply press right the direction and the computer chooses the move your player performs. Is there anything that better illustrates how these games cater to casual gamers who might not know what they're doing? Just press a direction on the stick and we'll take care of the rest. I'd love to be able to decide whether to spin off my guy, rip through his arms, pull off a swim move, or even just extend an arm so I could disengage quicker. I'd love to be able to set the edge on outside runs with my defensive end and force the run back up the middle (it'd also be great to have against those guys who like to roll out with their QB all day).
Old 07-08-2011, 01:58 PM   #20
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21
The right stick should not be used for both The pass rush moves and hit stick.

Too many times in games it looks like you're engaged but you're not and the player tries to hit stick air.

Last edited by Palo20; 07-08-2011 at 02:00 PM.
Old 07-08-2011, 02:05 PM   #21
Hail West Virginia

mtoo22's Arena

OVR: 10

I normally move both sticks backwards as soon as I engage. It keeps me up and i spin around the defender. Just a tip to help a bit..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2011, 02:41 PM   #22
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokes404
The moves are chosen by the computer based on the player's ratings (finesse moves & power moves). You simply press right the direction and the computer chooses the move your player performs. Is there anything that better illustrates how these games cater to casual gamers who might not know what they're doing? Just press a direction on the stick and we'll take care of the rest. I'd love to be able to decide whether to spin off my guy, rip through his arms, pull off a swim move, or even just extend an arm so I could disengage quicker. I'd love to be able to set the edge on outside runs with my defensive end and force the run back up the middle (it'd also be great to have against those guys who like to roll out with their QB all day).
You know what would be great?! If EA did something with the Player Lock where if you were locked onto a player (eg, DE or DT) you could pull off special moves as long as the ratings were high enough. That would be AWESOME! I can play most positions pretty well, but I really enjoy playing a D-lineman and ripping someones head off, and the way it is now leaves much to be desired.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »