Home

Do you create your own recruits?

This is a discussion on Do you create your own recruits? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2011, 12:28 PM   #33
Ride on Kentucky Kid

doubledeuceR6's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Do you create your own recruits?

I do sometimes. I'll usually create recruits using my current friends names or childhood friends I grew up with and use their personality to decide what position they would be best for.
Twitter: @CQRDeuce @CQRclub
www.cqrclub.co.uk
Old 07-08-2011, 12:42 PM   #34
Rookie

WhiteMan22's Arena

OVR: 5

Normally, I'll make myself one of the recruits as a kicker and try to recruit him to PSU.

If not, I just follow him wherever he goes.

Other than that, I really haven't messed around with making recruits because it seems like every 4 or 5 stars ends up being the best and I don't like that. If I ever do, I'll make the players mainly 3 stars.
Old 07-08-2011, 12:42 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 0

i doubt it, but is there a limit on players you can create per year? i was planning on making myself along with a few of my friends graduating high school this year, and also some players from the rivals top 100 graduating this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2011, 02:08 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 2

Used to do it a lot more, but less so now.
Early on when I was just learning the game ('11 was my 1st game for my 1st gaming console) I'd create QBs, HBs, LBs, most often using a family name connection. My oldest nephew still holds the season/career records for TD passes in my Auburn dynasty (his younger brother, actually my 1st 'creation', spurned me for Fla. in a last-minute switch). Created many of the Friday Night Lights (TV) players in my early seasons, too.
Anyway, since it's most usual to create players in a pipeline state I felt I was taking to much advantage of the system so I limit it now to K/Ps and FBs.
I do have a theory that there's an Easter Egg within the game. Seems like when I create players from Auburn's past -- both players from the famous Punt-Bama-Punt game chose to be Tigers -- I feel like there's some hidden points in there that lean them more toward the school. Del Greco, Jackson, Beasley, they've all had 'sons' that accepted scholly offers really quickly, more insta-commits than it would seem would be normal.
Old 07-08-2011, 02:33 PM   #37
All Star

LambertandHam's Arena

OVR: 17

Only the occasional kicker or punter.
Old 07-08-2011, 02:37 PM   #38
Pro

nredfoot's Arena

OVR: 5

I used to create all the time but recently i have toned it down. But I do like doing it and I actually don't like to sign the recruits. For some reason many of mine sign with oklahoma.... What I like to do more now is actually rename recruits that are generated by the game. I get tired of half of the recruits being named anderson, thomas, and jones. I also like to go rename all the top recruits out of hawaii to hawaiian names. Does anyone else rename recruits?
Old 07-08-2011, 02:48 PM   #39
Rookie

RazorFang's Arena

OVR: 4

I often check out rivals.com and see who some of the top recruits coming out of high school are and create them.
Old 07-08-2011, 04:44 PM   #40
Rookie

Exile04's Arena

OVR: 1

unlike most of you it seems i like to actully get the recruits i make. I dotn knwo why but i like playing with guess i made. i dont make them amazing or anything.
One guy i made was named after a buddy he was a 4 star MLB and at the end of his senior year he won the heisman first time i have ever seen a Defender win it. it was amazing. IT was cool also because the guy i created named after me was WR came in 2nd by like 2oo points or something.
I will also have to admit that i have cheated the system a couple times when i need a guy that could step in and play but wasn't sure i would get him. Mostly happens with TE. SO i would create like a 6'6 260 guard with bad blockign skills but good hands and speed, RR and so. Put a little time and and boom 5* TE after position swap. I know its cheap but i was desprate do hold it against me

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »